JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

Errr, so not really clear to me but, essentially you won't be updating RwF to work with GS, correct?

I'm sad since I never got to try it (have been dissertating for the better part of the last two years and also wasn't thrilled with Civ 6 but...now getting back into it) but, I can grok your reasons. Your Civ 5 mods were some of the very best. Thanks for all your efforts. I had a good time with a lot of your work.

Quick question, have you ever considered just whipping up your own version of Civ from scratch?

You're a bit late :p I've been updating RwF in compartmentalized form for GS, and in fact have nearly finished.

From scratch is probably a better way than to try and impose a vision top-down, but I don't think very many have the time to do that :p

Oh~~~! Got it. So I should try subscribing to the individual modules and see how it goes. Nice. I'll give that a spin once I actually finish my run with the historical speed mod.

Thanks for following up and all your efforts on our behalf.

I'm having some trouble with the Policy mods. Trying to suss out what is conflicting.

Code:
From Database.log

[275547.119] [Gameplay] ERROR: table Requirements has no column named RequirementSetId

[275561.571] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: UnitReplaces.CivUniqueUnitType
[275564.843] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: ObsoletePolicies.PolicyType, ObsoletePolicies.ObsoletePolicy

[275600.521] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on PolicyModifiers.PolicyType - "POLICY_SKYSCRAPERS" does not exist in Policies

[275600.522] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on PolicyModifiers.PolicyType - "POLICY_GOTHIC_ARCHITECTURE" does not exist in Policies

[275600.522] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on PolicyModifiers.PolicyType - "POLICY_CORVEE" does not exist in Policies

Everything else in database.log seems to be localization/jersey color issues, which it ran with before. But I can provide the whole thing if anyone is interested. The modding.log doesn't really seem to show any significant issues (except a big chunk of: ERROR: Attempted to evaluate a path for a mod that doesn't actually contain that path).

Any ideas? I'm going through my other mods which may touch policies, too.

The Modding log associates these errors with files. Post that too.

The Modding log associates these errors with files. Post that too.

I tried to post just the text, but the modding log gets too big for the forum. I'm interested in learning what to look for to decipher and address these errors, perhaps start modding some things myself.

Attachments

• Modding.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 262
  • Database.txt
    33.3 KB · Views: 124
So the "slump" is over? Is there even slight possiblity of a hope that JFD leaders would get an update for GS? :help:

You could always Be The Change You Want To See and go add that Players:Expansion2_Players Domain to your own copies of the mods...

Well, my issue appears to be Wondrous Wonders, which seems to be referencing policies that have been affected by RwF changes (Corvee, Gothic Architecture, and Skyscrapers) from RwF: Revised Policies. More specifically, the part where Wondrous Wonders applies the wonder production bonuses from those policies to the appropriate National Wonders.

The part that's confusing me is that I don't see where JFD is affecting these policies.

Last edited:
The Invalid Reference errors shouldn't cause the game load to fail, the issue will be more to do with the UNIQUE constraint fails and the table/column name mismatch.

The Invalid Reference errors shouldn't cause the game load to fail, the issue will be more to do with the UNIQUE constraint fails and the table/column name mismatch.
That makes sense. Wondrous Wonders does conflict where it boots me to the menu, but I suspect other conflicts with Revised Policies were also occurring, that's just the one I've found so far. I took Revised Policies out of my modlist and I'm able to run the game again with all the other mods I had been using intact and some other new ones.

I'm looking to see where those policies get removed, which remains a mystery. I'll also see what I can do to affect compatibility. I really appreciate your help figuring this out.

You could always Be The Change You Want To See and go add that Players:Expansion2_Players Domain to your own copies of the mods...

Hey Chrisy15,

I'd really want to do this, but I can't figure out how.
I figured out that you edit it in the Leader_config, but I can't actually access the mod files of the JFD mods (even though they are installed through Workshop).

My MODS folder (analog to the Civ 5 one) is empty.

Could you maybe help me figure it out (or point me to good source)?

I really miss some of these leaders, but I totally respect JFD's choice :)

Hey Chrisy15,

I'd really want to do this, but I can't figure out how.
I figured out that you edit it in the Leader_config, but I can't actually access the mod files of the JFD mods (even though they are installed through Workshop).

My MODS folder (analog to the Civ 5 one) is empty.

Could you maybe help me figure it out (or point me to good source)?

I really miss some of these leaders, but I totally respect JFD's choice :)
Thought I got it to work (game loads), but now everything is black xD

EDIT: nvm, was incompatibility with my own mod I'm working on (I think). It's working now :D

Last edited:
To access your mods that you subscribe to through steam, find your ..\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\ folder. The numbered folders therein refer to the steam id of the mod.

IMPERIAL SPEECH

Greetings lads. In this imperial speech I wanted to talk a bit about my modding plans now that we have reached the 100 Civ mark (for Civ V).

First, with regards to civs, 100 is no longer the end, although that has been true for some time. Civ VI has proven not to have killed modding for Civ V and indeed not to have even scratched it; the vigour of V remains as active as ever, albeit largely behind the scenes in the annals of Discord. New lads keep cropping up and the empire hardly has enough space for all the embassies! So the original plan to stop at 100 has long been replaced for a plan of stop until the empire collapses. In more specific terms, this means the empire will continue to make new civs until such a time that it doesn’t, including those like Han and Genoa that have long been foretold, and those like Toulouse that have become recent inspirations. That said, it will be some time before I get back into making new civs, as I must focus on bringing older ones up to my current standard.

As for Civ VI, I have essentially no interest presently in updating my old Civs nor in making/finishing those new ones I had planned like Lithuania – and certainly not less substantive civs like Bhutan. My attitude toward civ-making in Civ VI remains the same; it's tedious, creatively and communally ungratifying, and would be for a game that I consider personally inferior. This might change according to sudden whims but otherwise I’ll wait until the third XP to reassess my judgement of the game and whether I consider it worth my time and efforts.

Onto community things. I will ofc continue to promote and publish the Ladgazine, as it is my most cherished contribution; it seems to have had a marked success at bringing the creativity of the community together that previous efforts hadn’t, and I absolutely adore all your lads’ contributions – I only wish there was more. I hope to contribute more writing myself in the vein of my nationalism article last in the upcoming issues, and especially in the lead-up to the one year anniversary and the start of volume 2. Although the response to my recent works has been uncertain and rather disappointing except from a few expected lads, it keeps my knowledge and theorization up-to-date. So whether you like these kinds of articles or not, I'll likely keep writing them; though I will also contribute to other kinds of articles where I please. And ofc, I will strive to continue oversee the CDC as well, as it provides content for the Ladgazine and useful ideas for researching potential future Civs.

And finally, onto my present plans. Right now, I have two goals. First, to focus on my gameplay mods for Civ V. I'm positively overflowing with ideas I want to work on, especially with regards to government and religion mods, but also in bringing back some of those components from JFDLC. The new approach to gameplay modding has been supremely liberating, and although it has come at the cost of some content and grand vision-making, I hope at least some of you are also benefiting from it – though I know old habits die hard. For Civ VI gameplay mods, I have less animosity than toward Civs, but still struggle to overcome obstacles inherent to that game. So I don’t intend to wait until XP3 to continue working on RwF (including the new Ideologies component as well as bringing over First Ministers and Empowerments), but I need some time to figure the best way forward. And the second thing I want to focus on is helping out with [REDACTED], and since I'm not sure how much I can talk about that, I suppose I'll have to leave it at that.

So lads those are my current plans. Please afford me all due respect and don't bother me with anything contrary or that would get in the way of what I’ve outlined, not least because I’ll just ignore you and you’ll be wasting your time. Tah lads.

Can you update the japanese ledear pack? Would very much like to see what they're about.

Hey JFD, there is an issue with your Poland: Stanislaw II interacting with Babylon. Not only bonuses from Babylon do not stack, you also lose your leader bonus if you ever lose suzerainty. I believe both of those issues are directly related to the game engine itself, but I managed to make a workaround. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you details.

Top Bottom