JFD and Janboruta's Sponsors

Playing as the Holy See and my units have no command options (ie, explorers and workers can't improve tiles, military units can't wait/ fortify).

Edit: aaand it's gone. That was strange.

It's an issue with unit promotions that affects all mods that add them. The bug disappears upon returning to main-menu and reloading the mod. No way around it apart from implementing new promotions as perks instead, but that wouldn't work design wise for certain mods.

I really want sponsors representing the ancient world.

I was disappointed that firaxis didn't have a Roman Empire sponsor. Really they are only the most influential civilization in the world.

who cares if in real life the roman empire is dead. This is civilization where the americans are around in 5000bc and the roman have nukes!

I don't have Civ:BE yet. But I think design the romens around their civ 5 UA would work.

As for the leader I came up with the coolest name ever. Maximus Ceasar

but what is Rome with out her eternal rival Carthage? I totally want a Carthaginian Sponsor as well.

I really want sponsors representing the ancient world.

I was disappointed that firaxis didn't have a Roman Empire sponsor. Really they are only the most influential civilization in the world.

who cares if in real life the roman empire is dead. This is civilization where the americans are around in 5000bc and the roman have nukes!

I don't have Civ:BE yet. But I think design the romens around their civ 5 UA would work.

As for the leader I came up with the coolest name ever. Maximus Ceasar

but what is Rome with out her eternal rival Carthage? I totally want a Carthaginian Sponsor as well.

Okay, i doubt someone will do a space Romans, as ancient world sponsors have nothing to do with... well anything. Italy is covered by Franco Iberia.

BTW, is the iron pact representing Bulgaria?

Okay, i doubt someone will do a space Romans, as ancient world sponsors have nothing to do with... well anything. Italy is covered by Franco Iberia.

BTW, is the iron pact representing Bulgaria?

I don't understand this logic. In Civ any nation that doesn't get wiped out through conquest can be in the modern world.

The assumption i'm making is that the world that humans are coming from is the result of a game of civilization 5.

And no I'm not satisfied at all with Franco-Ibrea covering Italy. I love the Romans and it's just not civ without them and the fact that they don't exist anymore in the real world doesn't matter.

just my two cents

Honestly I think it would be fine to see a roman civ. The way I see it, the game is base on a far future. For all we know new countries are form, old ones resurrected, current one's destroyed etc.

Well Franco Iberia is called the New Roman Empire colloquially :p

I don't understand this logic. In Civ any nation that doesn't get wiped out through conquest can be in the modern world.

The assumption i'm making is that the world that humans are coming from is the result of a game of civilization 5.

And no I'm not satisfied at all with Franco-Ibrea covering Italy. I love the Romans and it's just not civ without them and the fact that they don't exist anymore in the real world doesn't matter.

just my two cents

BE does not follow from a game of Civilization, it takes place in the semi-near-future of our world. It would be rather silly to have a legit Roman Empire as a sponsor in BE because in the setting and backstory of the game, Rome was destroyed around two millennia ago, give or take, and the world as it exists in 2014 with you or I is canon to the game. All sorts of stuff can happen in the vague amount of time that's taken place since, whether it be decades or centuries, and indeed many of these mods have political upheaval and resurgence of national groups as part of their backstory.

Someone could do a sort of bluesky project that STYLES themselves as Romans when they go into space, an idealist who looks at the Great Mistake all 'grr you know if the Romans had stayed around none of this would've happened, let's rebuild the glories of the past IN SPACE and show the world'. Granted such a thing would be hard to get off the ground since, well, Space Romans don't have much political backing and it's probably difficult for someone with their head stuck in 100 B.C. to get people living in 2300 A.D. to fork over spaceships.

It would pay to read the story. Hungary and Bohemia were coerced/intimidated into joining the Pact.

But.... Bohemia ceased to exist!

I really like some of these new sponsors. When I'm playing as Poland I'll get resource pods next to my capital at turns 20, 40, and 60 (playing on standard speed), but then I won't get any more. Does the rate of pods slow down considerably, or just stop altogether, at this point?

Also, I'm not giving you a suggestion or anything, but it would be cool if the Poles had new cargo and colonists like your other new sponsors. : ) I think those are cool additions to the other ones.

Hey all!

I just wanted to introduce myself, and let you all know that I am interested in doing leader scenes and other artwork as well as writing text for sponsor/nation back stories, civilopedia entries, and the like.

I have been a fan of the Civilization games since 1994 and dreamed of modding civs even before that was a possibility. Even then I developed my own back stories and pretended existing nations were someone else.

Unfortunately, writing code and other programming aspects are not my strong suit. However I am quite the hand at photoshop and illustrator and am a very creative and discerning writer. I would love to help you all make more mods for Civ V and Civ BE by contributing what talents I do have.

I also have some well fleshed out ideas for new civilizations/sponsors that I'd be interested in collaborating with someone on.

Please feel free to give me a shout if I can be of assistance in any of your upcoming projects.

Email: onetruephoto@gmail.com

I look forward to working with all of you amazing molders! Keep up the great work!

I want to report a bug with the Iron Pact. After the last patch (?) they always turn into a super sprinter and are extremely overpowered. 4x or plus development of science/virtues etc. While everyone else is still at max 4 harm/pur/supr they are at lvl 19 running around with endgame units killing everybody in their way.
I started a game as them to see what is going on and saw that every technology takes 1 to 3 turns and you can build any upgrade in 1 turn in cities. So they are sponsor non grata for me, untill a fix is made :)

Christian Democratic Commonwealth updated: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=335727611.

--Updated for Rising Tide. Vanilla version available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2KfUlRX1owlWXJOWms5aHRQY2s?usp=sharing
--Updated artwork for better quality, thanks to Jan.
--The CDC's trait is now: Scaling Diplomatic Capital and Culture in cities with a Naval garrison. This was changed to better reflect the updated lore, as well as the nature of the Royal Naval Commonwealth as a symbol of the monarchy.
--The CDC's Trade Agreements are:
---Two-Power Standard: Increased Naval Production.
---Royal Host: Bonus Culture in cities with a garrison.
--North Sea Alliance's Hydroengineering Corps TA now increases Science based on a percentage of Energy.
--The lore has been slightly adjusted to accomodate the existence of the North Sea Alliance. In essence, the NSA is now a non-government body centred on the coastal areas of the North Sea, in particular, London, Copenhagen, and the Netherlands. So, whilst the governments of the UK and Denmark turned northwards, this network of businessmen, engineers, scientists etc. from across the destroyed cities of North Sea countries propped up an NGO focused on creating the ARKs - the only real departure from the canon lore is their NGO status.

Holy See updated: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=331209888

--Updated for Rising Tide.
--Clergy changed to +1 Culture, +1 Health per city.
--Trait is now: Old Earth Relics yield +1/2/3 Health. Global benefits from positive Health Levels increased by 10/15/20%.
--Agreements are:
---Faith Is My Shield: Units take less damage from Miasma. Bonus Combat Strength for Units fighting in neutral territory.
---Confessional Politics: Gain Diplomatic Capital and Health for each active Agreement initiated by you.

Iron Pact updated: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=332830424

--Updated for Rising Tide.
--Art updated thanks to Jan.
--Trait is now: 5/10/15% of Energy is converted into Culture. +10/15/20% Worker speed.
--Trade Agreements are:
---Old World Salon: Capital Culture yield increased.
---Military-Industrial Complex: Gain Energy and Science when killing a Unit in combat.

Top Bottom