1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD's Civilizations - Prussia (Frederick) for Vox Populi (v 9)

Compatibility and balance changes for Vox Populi.

1. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

@Taticius @CppMaster Tested with the latest 4UC (v38), and can't recreate the issue. You sure you have the latest version? If you're using a CivFanatics version, maybe switching to Steam would help, and vice versa.

If the issue still persists, can you send me your Civ5DebugDatabase.db from 'Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache'? Make sure you load the mods, then exit the game without returning to the main menu, or just make a copy of the file while having your mods activated.

adan_eslavo likes this.
  2. Taticius

Taticius Chieftain

@HungryForFood I used the Steam version as you suggested and everything works fine now, I should have tried that earlier. Sorry for wasting your time :crazyeye:

adan_eslavo likes this.
  3. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

Steam version WORKS! Civfanatics' one is broken.

4. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

That's very bizarre, because the one on CFC should be exactly the same as the one on Steam. I checked the relevant sections of the code (SQL trigger), and it is the same.

Oh well, probably something to do with how the game loads mods. Maybe it would help if I upload the .civ5mod file next time.

5. toxyy

toxyy Chieftain

I've added compatibility for CIV-Linked Great Generals, all I did was add the necessary info to Prussia_GameText_ModSupport.xml, reference the mod in the modinfo, and changed the md5 of the xml file there. Want me to upload my modinfo and xml to include in your next release?

6. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

@toxyy Sure, just pop it here.

7. toxyy

toxyy Chieftain

I need to make sure to edit some of Germany's units, and I want to look into making it compatible with leadership reformation before putting it here.

8. Svcri

Svcri Chieftain

The civilization events aren't working correctly anymore.
    I keep getting both the generic 'Brave new world' events and the Prussia events popping up.

It looks like the generic event is not being obsoleted. I tried adding the section from the events compatibility instructions which is supposed to disable it and that seemed to fix it. (Modified event file attached.)

Also, the text for choice 3 is out of date, the German event gives a bonus to orders instead of giving orders.

I used the 12-19 vox populi patch and Prussia v6.

Attached Files:

9. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

*grants a new order*

10. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

Oh the new version of community events is out huh. Gotta do some updates then.

11. toxyy

toxyy Chieftain

Updated to work with Civ Linked Generals. These are the only two files that I changed to make it work. I just updated the xml file, then updated the md5 for the file and added a reference to civ linked generals in the modinfo. I changed Frederck the Great to Manstein for Germany, and reassigned some admirals from them to Prussia. Turns out it was compatible with Leadership Reformation all along and I have no idea why it decided not to work in my last game...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  12. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Playing it and having fun, thanks for the mod. Why Hanse instead of Teutonic Order for 4UC, though? It contains a Prussian reformation reference, Teutonic Order as an organisation/country was the basis for Prussia, so Hanse seems like a weird choice when that could be chosen instead. I guess TO would have a lot of synergy with Prussia and could maybe break it (even though Hanse's still stronger), but it could be delayed for them if it'd be too strong. It'd also be a fun synergy, what with both Faith and GAP per kill.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  13. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

I don't remember exactly, but possibly:
    • I was not familiar with 4UC, because I did not start playing with it yet.
    • I wanted some economic bonus for Prussia.
    • +XP is a bit too synergistic with the UA.
    With the recent nerf to Hanse, is the Teutonic Order now more interesting?

14. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

15. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Yes for me

I played Prussia+4UC a while ago. The thing I remenber is that Civ is for XP lover like me.
    It makes Prussia powerfull at war. No need for economic bonus IMO.

Really? EEVP was a magnificent modmod. Not anymore. It needs a serious refresh and update

16. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Teutonic Order does have some economic bonuses, though. +2:c5faith: +5 :c5strength: +50HP to Barracks and +2 :c5production: to Castle, slightly better :c5production: scaler where it's made (likely Konigsberg), easier reformation, very good :c5faith: per kill. The only combat enhancer is free Morale everywhere, but as Prussia you should definitely pick Orders if available anyway. In my opinion, it is far more interesting than Hanse and it's very Prussian whereas Hanse just isn't. TO doesn't even have any bonus XP, so it wouldn't break it.

Another bonus is it'll make Prussia free to pick up Fealty. Artistry will probably still be the default before it gets nerfed and the alternatives get buffs next patch because Golden Age bonus on the other UB, but it'll be an encouragement. And besides Hanse not fitting when alternative is Teutonic Order, I'll be honest and say the CS Trade Route boost just doesn't fit Prussia at all, imho, neither gameplay nor history wise. There's no real synergy unless you use the (admittedly good and viable) reasoning of "If I kill/vassalise the enemies, they won't remove my CS trade routes - and if I get more terrain there, I will reach that CS I wouldn't reach otherwise", whereas TO probably fits here more than it does for Germany. In other words, when I look at Hanse's features, yields, effects, I don't think "Prussia" at all while TOs stuff is absolutely perfect.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  17. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Playing with Teutonic Order (well the +def +hp doesn't work because I am not sure how to change the German TO lua) instead of Hanse. My thoughts are that it seems much more coherent. Prussia wants you to be a killy git and TO encourages you to be a killy git, so it just works. Hanse fits Germany fine because of German UA, Ulfheddin/Slugga aka the guy who gives you barbies to gift to CSs and some influence, but Prussia lacks anything of this sort and Hanse sticks out negatively whereas TO feels like it belongs. It doesn't seem OP at all, TO is not OP by itself and I don't think Prussia is either - I don't feel it's better than 4UC Sweden at least. Sweden's veterans are far better than fresh/veteran Prussians especially if Sweden grabs wonders for free GGs or faithbuys them, though fresh Prussians are often better than veteran Prussians and definitely better than fresh Swedes. That means I either build that Fgun after Kriegsschule for a ton of Production, or I keep using a weaker upgraded Cannon with 1 or maybe even 2 less Promotions, which means either Production will be spent or the UA will be wasted. Not OP, but strong and very fun to play with. Not caring much about the fate of your veterans if you snatch the Orders (which AI either ignore or first pick) is enjoyable.

My opinion on TO Prussia's power level is that it's similar to Sweden over all

EDIT: Kriegsschule doesn't have -1 Distress like the Military Academy.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  18. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

HungryForFood updated JFD's The Kingdom of Prussia for Vox Populi with a new update entry:

v 7

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Enrico Swagolo and Asterix Rage like this.
  19. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

I forgot to correct the text for the Kriegsschule to mention the distress reduction.

I've posted an update. It is save game compatible, so the 2 who have downloaded, you should download again.

Then again, it is a very small issue, so you can ignore it if you want.

20. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Thanks for the patches and listening, Prussia's much more fun to play (and cooler) with TO.

21. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Thanks for the patches and listening, Prussia's much more fun to play (and cooler) with TO.