1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD's Rise to Power

Rise to Power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I'm not sure - it may be hardcoded in the DLL, or in the ChooseReligionPopup.lua. I can look into it and, if it is the latter, can add an option in Piety for you to enable at your leisure.

2. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

I haven't seen them claiming CSs yet. Maybe they start doing so later on?

They are rare, but they are happening :D They are awesome! :) Is there a notification, if an AI picks up one? I'm not sure if I saw one, but I've seen "Gandhi the Holy", so they are encountering them as well.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Probably depends upon what civs are in-game - civs more inclined toward City-States will be more likely to Claim them (Alexander claimed like 6 in one game).

There should be a World Event about it, but this'll only trigger if you've met them at the time they acquire the Epithet. I'll check that it's working as intended, but I anticipate that you hadn't met Ghahndhhi at the time that he acquired the 'Holy' (correct me if I'm wrong).

4. Buildkirbyus

Buildkirbyus Trainee Modder

An update on City State Claiming:

Civs in my game are still claiming City States even in the Atomic Era (as least i think they are by how the notification says 'CS joins CV'). Don't those require dignitaries? Either the AI cheats (what i think) or the AI is making and using great Dignitaries properly (even more possible). But some claims they would claim a good 20-30 tiles away from their capital, a very stupid move when you take Loyalty into consideration.

5. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

I see, that's really reasonable. Good good :D

You're right, when I first met him there was his fancy Epithet, and I've seen World Event about AI picking up one by now. Seems to be working perfectly! I encountered the 'Fortunate' event, but there was no option to decline it (either choosing Gold or Culture IIRC), and it changed my Explorer Epithet (if that's intended then it's fine, just I thought I'd mention it).

I'm just wondering if how much work would be to make a tooltip when hovering over Piety, what would show the current effects of the Piety level (like it used to be back with standalone Piety). It's no big deal, I'm just guessing that could probably help new-comers to your fantastic mods!

6. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Big bug report coming soon, but I'd like to say that te AI seems to claim far too many CSs. I found that by ~Industrial, the only CSs left were the ones I was allied with :/

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Ok, in the next update, I'll try to give the AI intelligence when it comes to claiming City-States.
    *insert hahahaha x 10000000 here*

I'll restrict their proclivity a bit, to limit the max number of Claims allowed (by AI).

@Chrisy I expect the big bug report was the one you made to CID's thread?

8. Chrisy15

Yup, that was the one!

Maybe it would be improved by basing the Claim AI off of the MINOR_CAPTURE bias?

9. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

Hello, I'm an user who enjoy this MOD.
    Thanks to your effort, my games are very improved.
    Can you make Austria's UA change in Options?
    I like RtP's claim UA too, but I really love CBP's UA much more and I want to tweak this.

Sorry for my disrespectful speech and bad English.

10. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

Thank you. I asked about over in the CPP forums only to be completely ignored, and the AI always grabs another founder belief as their bonus which is a problem if you're using the CBP.

11. Falk

Falk Prince

I've just installed all your mods along with the Community Patch Project including the Community Balance Patch.

Is there any way to get your leaders/civs instead of the ones from the Community Balance Patch? I like the Balance Patch, but I'd prefer trying out your leaders/civs with it.

Also, since using your mods with the Balance Patch means I don't get to use some of your features (such as policies), do you think it is viable at all? I mean balancing-wise?

Thank you! :)

€: Oh well. Decided to try your mods without the Balance Patch and got rewarded with a crash to desktop after a couple turns. This always happens when I try CiV mods. Never happened in Civ4. :(

12. Chrisy15

Contradiction much :/

Regarding the crash, was anything special happening when it crashed?

13. Falk

Falk Prince

Heh, good point, I see the contradiction. Odd...

I moved a warrior on turn six-ish and the game just crashed to desktop. :(

14. Chrisy15

Is it a reoccurring issue? If not, I'd just blame bad luck. If so, then logs might help.

15. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I'm not sure what you mean? Austria, Rome, and Aztecs - the three that I change in RtP - aren't disabled if using CBP, so should work. Or is this a crossover for my custom civs? Or CID's civ changes?

Although I support the CBP, my mods are really designed toward vanilla. I try to synthesize changes across both, but not everything fits within the CBP - such as the Piety Tree's changes, which are condensed into one policy in the CBP. My mods are designed to add depth to the vanilla experience.

Single crashes can be flukes, or related to database issues. So post your logs and I can take a look if you'd like (see the OP if you don't know how to enable logging, under the troubleshooting section).

Hm, I'll see what I can do.

16. Fedatur

Fedatur Warlord

I used RtP, CID, CD, E&E, ExCE, EE (gentleman's set for me) in my latest test game, and I experienced wierd bug. Venice setller just stood there on turn 20 or so when I found him. I decided to restart to see will it still be there only with Venice. And Venice settled well. One note: Venice settler stood at the territory of a tribe, so maybe this is could be a problem. Or problem at all, because I only had it once.

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. Chrisy15

Maybe (non capital?) cities could get penalties or raising events if they settle in Tribal land?

That's a point - can you DoW tribes?

19. Stickystickman

Stickystickman Chieftain

I've been using (I've been told) this mod for a while, and for some reason, every time I load up a game beyond a certain point (not sure where), the Contracts Overview shows up very broken with no information and impossible to close. I literally can't do anything once this happens, and it's ruined quite a few games for me. Here are the mods I'm running (all up to date):

Cities in development
    Cultural Diversity
    Exploration Continued Expanded
    Rise to Power
    Community Patch
    Community Balance Patch (and all its subsequent mods)
    Some promotions mods
    Leugi's Barbarian Enhancements
    Future Worlds
    Map Labels
    No More Tech Tree Beelining

20. Chrisy15

Open up the Mercs overview, and then post your Lua log.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.