Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I think about it, what prevents the enhanced follower beliefs from being available to choose as a bonus belief?

Not sure, but I'm hoping that I can use the same method that I do to split the Follower Beliefs up.

Hey JFD I was just playing combination of your mods, specifically exploration continued, rise to power, CiD, Cultural diversity, enlightenment era, all of the community balance patch project stuff and its bundle, and all of the civilizations that you made that it looked like would be compatible with the mods, which is around 35, mainly consisting of the bundle of civs you have listed on steam.

anyway, to the point. I was playing as the aztecs, settled a city near flanders which caused them to dow me, and then i bought a bunch of mercenaries. Either right after i did that, or soon after, i became unable to build any units but catapults, but i could still purchase slave versions of units. I reloaded the game and this did not fix the issue. I thought it might have bene caused by being at war and being unhappy, but fixing that did ot fix the issue. I fired all of my mercs to try and fix the issue, and that did not fix it. Also the contract screen bugged out on me and did not show my currently active contracts around 20 turns, on standard, after i purchased the units. I assume that this is not wad. If you need a save game to properly examine this issue i would be happy to provide you with one if you could tell me how. Also thanks for all your hard work your mods add a lot of new and interesting mechanics to the game.

edit: I had also earlier experienced a CTD when i killed a khopesh unit, also playing as the aztecs. This was some too days ago. But i was missing many of the EUI compatibility files and this was also before the CiD update and i have not had this issue since so it may be fixed.
edit 2:to be more specific i am currently using all of the steam civs you et al have put out named JFD's (civ name).

Yes, these issues are to do with my accidentally having enabled Slavery (CID) in v36. v37 has remedied this, so please update.

Atm, I can't guarantee the stability of my custom civs (they haven't been updated in a while, few of them tested specifically for CTDs, etc.).

Hey JFD I was just playing combination of your mods, specifically exploration continued, rise to power, CiD, Cultural diversity, enlightenment era, all of the community balance patch project stuff and its bundle, and all of the civilizations that you made that it looked like would be compatible with the mods, which is around 35, mainly consisting of the bundle of civs you have listed on steam.

anyway, to the point. I was playing as the aztecs, settled a city near flanders which caused them to dow me, and then i bought a bunch of mercenaries. Either right after i did that, or soon after, i became unable to build any units but catapults, but i could still purchase slave versions of units. I reloaded the game and this did not fix the issue. I thought it might have bene caused by being at war and being unhappy, but fixing that did ot fix the issue. I fired all of my mercs to try and fix the issue, and that did not fix it. Also the contract screen bugged out on me and did not show my currently active contracts around 20 turns, on standard, after i purchased the units. I assume that this is not wad. If you need a save game to properly examine this issue i would be happy to provide you with one if you could tell me how. Also thanks for all your hard work your mods add a lot of new and interesting mechanics to the game.

edit: I had also earlier experienced a CTD when i killed a khopesh unit, also playing as the aztecs. This was some too days ago. But i was missing many of the EUI compatibility files and this was also before the CiD update and i have not had this issue since so it may be fixed.
edit 2:to be more specific i am currently using all of the steam civs you et al have put out named JFD's (civ name).
Enlightenment Era is not compatible with CBP.

Inviato dal mio RAINBOW utilizzando Tapatalk

wow thank you so much guys i was not expecting such a nice response. Although i assume i am not the first scrub to do so many things wrong, still thanks. I will disable enlightenment era, and I am not entirely sure how to disable the slavery component, for now that section looks like this

/*
--Slavery is an alternative means of purchasing Units,
--done so by expending the new Shackles resource, accumulated through conquest, trade, and clearing Barbarian Encampments.

CORE SETTINGS
-------------
1 = Enabled (Default)
0 = Disabled
*/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSERT INTO JFD_GlobalUserSettings
(Type, Value)
VALUES ('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_CORE', 0), -- Core functionality. (TBD; do not enable plox)
('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_NO_GOLD_PURCHASING', 0), -- Removes rush-buying of non-Mechanized Military Units with Gold.
('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_RESOLUTION_ADDITIONS_HUMAN_RIGHTS', 0), -- Adds Declaration of Human Rights World Project.
('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_WONDER_ADDITIONS_STONE_TOWN', 0); -- Adds Stone Town wonder.

Is this what it should look like? Also JFD I will continue to use the custom civs, because i feel they add a lot to the game. If i encounter any problems I will try to come up with a less noob bug report next time. Thanks so much.
Edit: also are your mods mp compatible? Its ussually fine if you both have the same mod installed right?

Hi just some possible errors or glitches in your mods;

So first of all really liking your mods :D
I am using the full collection of yours here, JFD Rise to Power, with the cultural core, cities in development, renaissance era, exploration continued, events and decisions etc. so pretty much your full 'modpack'.

First Problem; my religion won't spread to my cities well and when it does it will depreciate down to no religious followers after some time? Is this from those plaques which riddle my cities and cause the population to drop to 1 and is therefore killing off my religios followers? My religion is spreading excellently throughout AI cities and my cities are placed close to each other within 6 hexes of each other or thereabouts, i'm not sure if this is a feature and/or why as this too reakes havoc on my piety and also on relationship with AI's who say i'm heretical.

Furthermore from your JFD Hitler Civ the Great Generals don't actually give you science the value is 0 when you hover over the action and when the action is completed, the sound works for it etc. but the desired product isn't produced.

Also not sure what's going on here but sometimes the Surplus Gold Output From Cities (emphasis on from Cities) which is supposed to be added to the Treasury is sometimes taken away i.e. becomes a minus? It was still in the green part however i noticed the minus character beside the 167.67 gold or whatever and that i was then losing money from Treasury or the net profit was red and negative. This may have something to do with me at war with a nation and my army being a rather far distance away from my capital and 3 main cities? Not too familiar with all the game mechanics involved.

Also with the diseases and such is it normal to be constantly plagued by a disease of some sort, when my cities aren't invested an epidemic of some sort I'm being warned that eventually there'll be one? I have only been able to create one city with a balanced amount of health v plague however that is just due to careful placement. It is a nice feature however it needs to be nerfed imo, i know diseases were very common back then but not every day and 2 of my cities have been brought down to 1 population by plagues. Plus it gets annoying when it comes to military civs or wars in general it would be nice if units only had the disease for some time, maybe to correspond with the time the city has it, i think it's unreasonable to suggest that a warrior could have cholera or something for the entire length of the game (providing you don't upgrade or heal him etc, ).

Also further suggestion; i think you have added aspects to the game which were severely lacking by the vanilla game with DlC and your mods should be made into a DLC like seriously though you've worked really hard and it has really paid off in respects to better civ games for the community and i would support you on Patreon and i Will when i am older and have a card and job :), but i think you ought to do something in regards to military and wars I feel that they are being kinda left out and would fit in nicely with all the magisterial and civil aspects especially to colonization.However i do realise it's primarily a one man job, keep up the great work :p

thanks and sorry if its a bit long and if i'm waffling through most of it :)

Is RtP and CulDiv compatible with Barbarians Evolved? I get a CTD when I try to start a game with these mods enabled.

Barbs Evolved is incompatible with the CP, isn't it?

Not sure if this is the right mod but I am using RtP, CD & EcE and got a crash after a message saying my ambassador's had done a great job with a city state and I had eared 10 influence with them. I am also using Sukritacts Events and Decisions so if it the problem is with that I will ask in that forum.

I have attached log files just in case.

Attachments

• Log.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 37
Didn't Charsi add some fixes to make them compatible?

Not sure if this is the right mod but I am using RtP, CD & EcE and got a crash after a message saying my ambassador's had done a great job with a city state and I had eared 10 influence with them. I am also using Sukritacts Events and Decisions so if it the problem is with that I will ask in that forum.

I have attached log files just in case.

Is there a setting you've got to flick first? Try B:E and just the CP, and see how well if goes.

Ambassadors sound like something out of CSD - or do you mean Dignitaries?

Or do you mean the Successful Embassy event? If so, 10 influence doesn't sound too unusual.

Is there a setting you've got to flick first? Try B:E and just the CP, and see how well if goes.

Or do you mean the Successful Embassy event? If so, 10 influence doesn't sound too unusual.

Well, just CP and BE worked fine. Shall I try adding E&D, CulDiv, and RtP?

Well, just CP and BE worked fine. Shall I try adding E&D, CulDiv, and RtP?

Add them slowly yeah. It might have just been a random CTD, but it is worth checking.

Add them slowly yeah. It might have just been a random CTD, but it is worth checking.

I managed to get all these mods to work together, and then I also managed to get them to work with EE and FW. When I added Historic Speed and custom civs, though, the game would break. Do you know why?

EDIT: Custom Civs were JFD-made.

EDIT #2: After removing the custom civs, and just using Historic Speed, the game crashed. Is there anything Historic is incompatible with? There shouldn't be, AFAIK.

EDIT #3: CTD at start due to Historic Era confirmed.

wow thank you so much guys i was not expecting such a nice response. Although i assume i am not the first scrub to do so many things wrong, still thanks. I will disable enlightenment era, and I am not entirely sure how to disable the slavery component, for now that section looks like this

/*
--Slavery is an alternative means of purchasing Units,
--done so by expending the new Shackles resource, accumulated through conquest, trade, and clearing Barbarian Encampments.

CORE SETTINGS
-------------
1 = Enabled (Default)
0 = Disabled
*/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSERT INTO JFD_GlobalUserSettings
(Type, Value)
VALUES ('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_CORE', 0), -- Core functionality. (TBD; do not enable plox)
('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_NO_GOLD_PURCHASING', 0), -- Removes rush-buying of non-Mechanized Military Units with Gold.
('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_RESOLUTION_ADDITIONS_HUMAN_RIGHTS', 0), -- Adds Declaration of Human Rights World Project.
('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_WONDER_ADDITIONS_STONE_TOWN', 0); -- Adds Stone Town wonder.

Is this what it should look like? Also JFD I will continue to use the custom civs, because i feel they add a lot to the game. If i encounter any problems I will try to come up with a less noob bug report next time. Thanks so much.
Edit: also are your mods mp compatible? Its ussually fine if you both have the same mod installed right?

At present, Slavery appears to be disabled. If it were enabled (Which you shouldn't,

(TBD; do not enable plox)

it would look like:

Value)
VALUES ('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_CORE', 1), -- Core functionality. (TBD; do not enable plox)
('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_NO_GOLD_PURCHASING', 1), -- Removes rush-buying of non-Mechanized Military Units with Gold.
('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_RESOLUTION_ADDITIONS_HUMAN_RIGHTS', 1), -- Adds Declaration of Human Rights World Project.
('JFD_CID_SLAVERY_WONDER_ADDITIONS_STONE_TOWN', 1); -- Adds Stone Town wonder.

Or in other words, turn the zeros into ones.

Slavery isn't finished. In v36, it was accidentally enabled. In v37, it was disabled again. Download v37, and don't touch the Slavery settings.

Not using CSD so it cant be that. But now you say it 'Successful Embassy event' sounds right. I did not take that much notice of what it said before it crashed.

EDIT: Did it again but for found state religion this time.

Not using CSD so it cant be that. But now you say it 'Successful Embassy event' sounds right. I did not take that much notice of what it said before it crashed.

EDIT: Did it again but for found state religion this time.

Do you think it could be other mods causing the issues? I'd try to see if the crash persists in different games, and then start removing other mods. I know your logs would have a mod list, but I haven't been able to look at them, sorry :(

hey are there any AI mods that are compatible and work with this mod? Does smart AI by whoward work?

Hi JFD, i just need some clarification when one is using the Rise to Power and Cities in Development and Cultural Diversity(Core) with EUI.
I was having trouble in which the unit panel (bottom left of screen) wouldn't show but i then found your wordpress - in regards to copying the Enhanced User Interface file over what exactly ought we be copying i just copied the whole inside of the UI_bc1 file the same one we put in the DLC folder of Civ 5 for the EUI to work? Is this correct? And i just copied it to the override folder of the Rise to Power mod am i supposed to do the same to the other mods - this wasn't very clear in the instructions.

thanks

hey are there any AI mods that are compatible and work with this mod? Does smart AI by whoward work?

The CP is an AI mod, and so any others are redundant and incompatible.

Hi JFD, i just need some clarification when one is using the Rise to Power and Cities in Development and Cultural Diversity(Core) with EUI.
I was having trouble in which the unit panel (bottom left of screen) wouldn't show but i then found your wordpress - in regards to copying the Enhanced User Interface file over what exactly ought we be copying i just copied the whole inside of the UI_bc1 file the same one we put in the DLC folder of Civ 5 for the EUI to work? Is this correct? And i just copied it to the override folder of the Rise to Power mod am i supposed to do the same to the other mods - this wasn't very clear in the instructions.

thanks

These days you don't copy any files; you download the Compatiability Files and load them like a mod.

Thanks for very quick reply;

ahh okay thanks in the lua.log files this is the runtime error that occurred :

_ _ _ _ ____ _
| | | |_ __ (_) |_| _ \ __ _ _ __ ___| |
| | | | '_ \| | __| |_) / _` | '_ \ / _ \ |
| |_| | | | | | |_| __/ (_| | | | | __/ |
\___/|_| |_|_|\__|_| \__,_|_| |_|\___|_|
[251568.328] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Cahal\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\UnitPanel.lua:858: attempt to index field 'CityPanel' (a nil value)
[251568.328] CityView: Loading EUI city view LuaContext: 1AF24EA0 465.392

(the weird heading is how it is in logs ??:p)
I'm aware that these mods aren't yours but just incase you can shed some light on this, I will post this problem to the appropiate forum.
I will undo the copying etc. that i did and will load up a game and see if it works thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom