1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD's Rise to Power

Rise to Power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

No, they're not. The log is absent of any error like before, which leads me to believe that the stack traces back too far for it to be recorded (the function causing the error is being called by a function within a function within a function, etc.). I'll see if I can trace it manually.

The issue pertains to the 'is this city a colony check' - this check is invoked with the city already passed by another function, but in this case, the city info is not correctly being passed, so it is effectively asking 'is this nothing a colony', which returns the 'nil' error. I've set up a pre-caution to return false if there is nil, but this isn't ideal - because then what should be a colony might turn out not to be.

2. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

Fair do's, thank you very much for the help in any case - hopefully if other people have the same issue their logs will be of more use.

3. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

I just realized, we never end up knowing what these are. Your secrecy is for naught :p

Edit: What are all the Soveignty catagories?

4. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

Well, if the pattern holds, it's Philip IV of France. Taking down Templars and teaming up with the Mongols.

5. rashomon91

rashomon91 Chieftain

6. Alga2

Alga2 Lurker

Homer J. Simpson into The Simpsons of Springfield? ;)

Nevermind just stupid thoughts.

7. BruceHuskyDamon

BruceHuskyDamon Chieftain

@JFD

About the city states changing state religion, there is no % for them to switch, it says they have no desire to switch to a different religion and suddenly they do.

A few more notes you might wanna know, I have about 90 happiness at this moment with about 15 cities, 3 under occupation with no court house built yet, only 15-20 of it is from the low difficulty, crime doesn't seem to have a major impact.

When I pushed my 2 medium claims on city states I than chose to enslave them for a few extra shackles that are some easy money from civs it seems like the city it self has pillaged textures as if it was razed to the ground. Screenshot added of one of them.

City States have the Active Spy requirement for an upgraded claim red but working, as in it shows that it is not working but actually does and will count towards the reasons.

The Religion that city states seem to convert to for no reason is Buddhism, they Civ that has founded that religion are The Celtics.

This is all V41 CiD and V21 RtP so maybe you have fixed them but just saying.

Attached Files:

8. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

I tried to get this mod to work with the full CBP but for some reason I am unable to get this fully working. I don't know what I am exactly doing but there is two things that will happen. Either the top panel of the EUI is messed up or when I get the top panel to work I don't see the digistrates on the top panel and the option for claims in the city state screen doesn't appear.

I would love to run CBP, cities in developement, exploration expanded and rise to power all in the same game, but so far I haven't been able to get them all working together. I guess someone is running all those mods together so I would much appreciate someone helping me out to get all those working together. All of those mods working together would be a best possible Civ game for me.

Is there some file editing or some tips on how to get these mods to work (better) together.

9. BruceHuskyDamon

Hey I'm using all of the mods you said, but you didn't say you are using Cultural Diversity which for what I know is needed, also make sure you have the latest version of CBP, EUI and all of the JFD mods.

Are there any other mods you are using?

10. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

Yep I forgot to mention it but yes I am using Cultural Diversity also. And as far as I know I have all the latest versions. CBP v.72, Exce v.15 and Rise to power v.23. Right now I don't have the CiD at all cause I am trying to figure out how to get the rise to power to work with he EUI and CBP.

Besides Exploration, CBP, cultural diversity and Rise to power(and the EUI compatibility) I have nothing but Infoaddict and quick turns, which I doubt are causing any of the problems.

Do all of those mods "work" together without any tinkering? I mean some of the features, buildings and such from Rise to Power are left out for example. So can you do things like using those claims with CBP when that building which provides those dignitares are replaced in CBP for exaple.

11. Senteliks

Senteliks Warlord

I have to say that this mod along with ExCE, CiD work best without CBP enabled. Yes compatibility is fine but mechanics conflict in more ways than one with CBP's, aside for balance issues, all tree mods enabled made a dreadful experience for me with CBP. Part of the reason is that CBP is Overhaul and your mods combined are Overhaul on it's own, now mix those two and you get overwhelming amount of gameplay elements that don't always coexist well with each other. Another part is that you are slowly adding some elements that only were part of CBP (i.e Corporation ) and my gut is telling me, that your mods are simply balanced and made to be played with CP, plus other mods like The Enlightenment Era.

What I tried to say here, is that eventually people might start rising question about making it more pleasant experience with CBP, heck some of them already think it is but personally (this is only my opinion not, opinion of general public, I am not trying to force anything) I would prefer that you keep compatibility but don't get involved into trying to make it as friendly as possible for CBP.

For instance, tech tree is already heavily changed by your mods, there is a lot to process in terms of mechanics, features of your mod encourage player to play over and over again and learn always something new in process and all that without worries about CBP balance and game changes (not that you haven't made balance changes and changed the way we used to play Vanilla). With Sovereignty , which is going to be game changer, things are going to get even more complicated, basically having more doesn't means it's always better.

12. BruceHuskyDamon

As far as I know RtP requires CiB

13. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

I'm sorry but what is CiB?

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

No, it definitely doesn't. You can use either standalone.

I do not intend to. I personally don't like CBP, and, at the end of the day, I'm designing my mods in such a way that suit my tastes - i.e. without CBP in mind. I'll support it so that they're functional, and I'll make balance changes according to the suggestions of the CBP users, but I won't depart significantly from the vanilla experience. This should really come to no surprise to anyone - to anyone who follows this thread, I've made this clear on several occassions, and to anyone else, it stands to reason that, as you say, what is effectively an overhaul in and of itself will not mesh well with another overhaul.

I think the latest CBP is v79. You need to be using the latest beta, not full version. All my mods work together - I often use them together. They also all work with CBP, but you must have the latest beta.

15. BruceHuskyDamon

@JFD

Could you answer my questions ?

16. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

Thanks a bunch, I think that must be the problem here. I have tinkered around so much in last few days with the game so I will have unistall it and install everything again. So I just download the latest beta of CBP, your mods (Exce, CiD and RtP) and I should be good to go or should I also download some version of the EUI or some compatibility files?

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

There are EUI compatibility files for CiD and RtP, located on their front pages. You need the latest EUI (either the one that comes with CBP or the one in the main EUI thread), but otherwise that should be everything. If you encounter issues, feel free to report them, but go over the front page ("Troubleshooting") for how to do this properly, as otherwise it'll be difficult for me to help you.

What questions?

18. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

I'll do that and thnks again for all your help and keep up the good work.:goodjob:

19. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

I installed civ v again, downloaded the latest beta on CBP, which worked without any problem, then I downloaded Exce, RtP and CiD and the compatibility files to them. Everything else works but the left side of the top panel is messed up.

Every mod is latest version and I have cleared the cache and done nothing else. If this is not enough I can post the logs little later.

Attached Files:

20. BruceHuskyDamon

About the city states changing state religion, there is no % for them to switch, it says they have no desire to switch to a different religion and suddenly they do.

A few more notes you might wanna know, I have about 90 happiness at this moment with about 15 cities, 3 under occupation with no court house built yet, only 15-20 of it is from the low difficulty, crime doesn't seem to have a major impact.

When I pushed my 2 medium claims on city states I than chose to enslave them for a few extra shackles that are some easy money from civs it seems like the city it self has pillaged textures as if it was razed to the ground. Screenshot added of one of them.

City States have the Active Spy requirement for an upgraded claim red but working, as in it shows that it is not working but actually does and will count towards the reasons.

The Religion that city states seem to convert to for no reason is Buddhism, they Civ that has founded that religion are The Celtics.

This is all V41 CiD and V21 RtP so maybe you have fixed them but just saying.

Note - The Screenshot Is Above

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.