Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
v24:
  • With CBP, removed the Pagoda Happiness.
  • Fixed an issue wherein Prosperity and Sovereignty based wonders and techs were left active.
  • Updated UI files for Vox Populi 21/5. I have not tested the EUI files, but have merged these, too - so use whatever the lastest is.
  • Fixed an issue wherein the religions in the World Beliefs tab were not colour-coded.
  • Reduced the amount of Piety that Way of Warrior grants from 5% of your deficiency to 3%.
  • Fixed an issue wherein the Charity belief did not work with CBP.

When I concentrate on Mercenaries (which will be its rebuilding), I will re-consider how the costs work, as well as the frequency of non-unique units.

EUI Comp. Files.

Awesome! Glad that's fixed. It's usually my favorite belief.

Use this file in the EUI compatibility files instead. It was an easy fix (must have been if I could do it :mischief:)

\Skodkim

Attachments

• TopPanel.zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 96
I can't download the newest version of RTP or any of your mods, I keep getting a screen that says the link is disabled.

Hi, does anybody experienced similar issue?

Foreign cities' banners are messed up and I am trying to find what could go wrong.
Are there any changes related to it in EUI RtP files?

Attachments

• City banner.jpg
    City banner.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 115
Can't see you picture but RtP plays nicely (with EUI) for me.

\Skodkim

hm, what version of CP, EUI and RtP files are you using?
It used to work fine (apart from Events overview banner which was always missing for some reason) with CP 21st April, EuI 1.28g and RtP v43 + CID v.42.
I am thinking that there might be some issues with CP version, in particularly this Vox Populi mod ( unsure what it does)..

It used to work fine (apart from Events overview banner which was always missing for some reason) with CP 21st April, EuI 1.28g and RtP v43 + CID v.42.
I am thinking that there might be some issues with CP version, in particularly this Vox Populi mod ( unsure what it does)..

Using newest Vox Polupi pack (full pack with EUI) with newest RtP (with EUI comp. files).

\Skodkim

See the OP for troubleshooting advice. Providing your Lua log will be a faster way of diagnosing the problem.

Hi JFD,
Please find the logs attached. I found that the issue is actually with CID EUI Compability files rather than RtP.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    98 KB · Views: 54
Any chance that there is a way to prevent the same epithet from procing multiple times a turn? It's sort of frustrating when I get asked to be called the Zealot 7 times because I bought a dozen missionaries. I mean it's accurate but still annoying.

I've found a good solution to your bug is to uninstall Rise to Power. That'll fix your multiple epithet problem. Another equally valid method is to go into the files and to make your own patch, Chrisy style. This requires more time and patience, but will preserve JFDs sanity longer, ensuring a long and problem free reign :p

Any chance that there is a way to prevent the same epithet from procing multiple times a turn? It's sort of frustrating when I get asked to be called the Zealot 7 times because I bought a dozen missionaries. I mean it's accurate but still annoying.

Hm, it really shouldn't be doing back. The Zealot is the only one that's had this issue reported about it, so I'll check it out specifically. Can you confirm that you get both the epithet title (i.e. that you become X the Zealot) and that you get the bonus? (can't remember off-hand what it is).

Hi JFD,
Please find the logs attached. I found that the issue is actually with CID EUI Compability files rather than RtP.
Thanks in advance!

Oddly, there are no Lua errors, so I'm at a loss... Has anyone else had the same issue?

See the OP for troubleshooting advice. Providing your Lua log will be a faster way of diagnosing the problem.

Oddly, there are no Lua errors, so I'm at a loss... Has anyone else had the same issue?

Hey there JFD, me again.

Yes, I have been having the same problem as him with the banners of other cities but its actually way worst, many textures seem to be doing funny stuff. I'll post screens and luas.

So Info on the screenshots from left to right (top).

1. Picked your Civ - The Germans, looks awesome BTW.
2. A city state name/banner being weird, its like this for all cities other than my own.
3. Says 4 people in the city but in the next screenshot from the next turn you can see it says 2 people, its been stuck like that in the next turns as well. Also production was stuck the same way the people count was and so on, the city banners are acting up in general than.
4. As explained above.
5. Won't show diplomatic relations info when hovering on a civ icon, will show random map info.
6. No name/banner shown for my own formed city/
7. I built a barbarian camp using my workers (The Germans special improvement) and the barbarians looted my city, damaged it and got hit while doing so.

I left after being looted lel.

I am using the latest versions of Rise To Power, Cities in Development , Exploration Continued Expanded, Cultural Diversity, Historical Religions Complete (V33, new update, maybe that's a problem), CBP and all that comes with it, JFD made Civs and The Enlightenment Era.

EDIT: Not sure if I have the latest CBP/CP, on the page of the CP mod it says:
Newest Version:
March 9th (1.3.9)

That's the one I have right now but you say in the patch notes of RtP and CiV that you recommend one from the 21th of May. Can't find that one.

Attachments

• 20160528042837_1.jpg
    20160528042837_1.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20160528042548_1.jpg
    20160528042548_1.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 20160528035557_1.jpg
    20160528035557_1.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 20160528042846_1.jpg
    20160528042846_1.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20160528043813_1.jpg
    20160528043813_1.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20160528044012_1.jpg
    20160528044012_1.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 93
  • 20160528045944_1.jpg
    20160528045944_1.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 127
  • lua+database 5.28.zip
    47.5 KB · Views: 44
Oh yeah, gotcha. Thanks. This is an issue specifically with the CityBanner.lua and CityBanner.xml files for CID's EUI Comp. Files. Somewhere, somehow, something isn't true to the latest EUI. Either the CBP's comp files (upon which I based the update) are wrong, or people aren't using the latest version of EUI. When I have the time, I'll merge the changes based upon the latest version of EUI instead, but in the meantime, just deleting those two files will solve the issue.

Yup. Always a good idea to check that you're using the latest beta. I often make use of Pope Gazebo's good graces to add new functionality specifically for my mods, so using older versions is generally a bad idea :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom