1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD's Rise to Power

Rise to Power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antonio432

Antonio432 Chieftain

Yes, I do have a 1280x1024 monitor and I should probably get a new one. It's playable but it bothers me that I can't see some important info because of my small monitor. Maybe he can fix it by adding an openable window that lists every resource count and lets you click them for the additional info screens you get when clicking them on top of the screen.

2. Hypereon

Hypereon He was a Consul of Rome!

Hi, JFD, is this intentional?

Code:
                --St Peters
                local sovWhenPietyLevel = row.SovereigntyWhenPietyLevel
                if sovWhenPietyLevel > 0 then
                    local textHighlight = "[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]"
                    if pietyLevel ~= row.SovereigntyWhenPietyLevelReq then sovWhenPietyLevel = 0 end
                    if (isHuman and numGreatWorks < numCities) then sovWhenPietyLevel = 0 textHighlight = "[COLOR_NEGATIVE_TEXT]" end
                    sovereignty = sovereignty + sovWhenPietyLevel
                    sovereigntyTT = sovereigntyTT .. "[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]" .. convertTextKey(row.Help, textHighlight, sovWhenPietyLevel)
                end
    Code:
      if (isHuman and numGreatWorks < numCities) then sovWhenPietyLevel = 0 
    I'm searching for the reason St. Peters doesn't work as meant in the game.

Another bug somewhere in the lua: at least in the Autocephalous legislature all factions have exactly the same percentage; even though election results are displayed correctly, every faction gets the same percentage as the last faction in the list has.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  3. Thoedosius

Thoedosius Chieftain

How would I go around modifying the number of available mercenary contracts and how often mercenary contracts refresh? I've been having some issues with the mod component lately, with eras following the classical age having way fewer contracts than expected, and AIs never taking contracts.

4. strawberrypuma

strawberrypuma Chieftain

Hey i just started a new game and i cant get the government button to work, what do i do ?

5. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

More details; What are you trying to do? What's not working? When is this? Also Lua log.

6. strawberrypuma

strawberrypuma Chieftain

i am trying to click the government overview button

when i click the government button nothing shows up

i started my game today and am currently on turn 27, i also adopted my first social policy (i saw one user talking about that)

also how do i get the Lua log, im an idiot sorry

7. Chrisy15

How to enable Logging

8. strawberrypuma

strawberrypuma Chieftain

ok i got the whole button thing to work,but how do i chose a government

9. Chrisy15

After you discover Code of Laws/build Sargon's Palace.

Also can you develop on "got the whole button thing to work"? Is there a bug? Did you do something wrong?

10. X_BriX

X_BriX Chieftain

there is a bug when you chose a policy you can't press goverment button. I reinstaled RtP and it worked fine (also i cleared the cache).

11. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

Is anyone else running into this:
    Code:
    [143708.343] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Rise to Power (v 31)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\LoadScreen.lua:82: attempt to index field 'BonusUnit' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
        C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Rise to Power (v 31)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\LoadScreen.lua:82: in function 'OnInitScreen'
        C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Rise to Power (v 31)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\LoadScreen.lua:17: in function <C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\JFD's Rise to Power (v 31)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\LoadScreen.lua:7>

12. strawberrypuma

strawberrypuma Chieftain

i discovered Code of Laws AND built Sargon's Palace, the option to choose/form a government came up (as a notification) but when i clicked on it nothing happened

is there a specific place i have to go to in order to choose/form a government, can you clarify how you pick choose/form a government

13. Chrisy15

Yeah, I think that's a load order thing - I got a similar issue the other day, which I solved by cache clearing. It's worked for you now, right?

14. strawberrypuma

strawberrypuma Chieftain

so how do i do that

15. ofmiciv5

ofmiciv5 Warlord

Mandatory report from my previous games.

1.) I dont encounter those unplayable CTD. This was solved with the recent 3-4 patches on VOX after I posted my complains.
    2.) Still, no GP given on the events on INVITE "something" on completed PROGRESS and PIETY tree event/decision. It only works on the TRADITION. 500 gold is wasted on nothing for those 2.
    3.) Some reforms are cancelled. Im not talking about the same line on left and right. When I chose the 15% increase on piety sources, then chose the 10% on the other one, the 15% was reset to middle. Those 2 are not contrasting left and right but on different reforms. OR.... am I missing something here?
    4.) As for LUA, I hope other people will have the same problems as mine. All my previous LUA reports seems garbage and it doesn't show any helpful information.

Wow. Lots of new civs. Innocent doesn't look like innocent to me. Hehe! :)

Merry Christmas to JFD, Chrisy and the gang. Thank you and more power.

16. Chrisy15

Clearing cache

But this shouldn't matter, since you achieved the same goal of changing the load order by reinstalling RTP.

17. empire101

empire101 Chieftain

I having a problem with Rise to Power. Im playing as Tojo's Japan and Iv'e built Sargon's Palace and researched Code of Laws but I still haven't been allowed to estblish a government. The notification that I could found one came up but when I clicked it nothing happend. Is there any way I can solve this?

18. X_BriX

X_BriX Chieftain

Look up.

19. empire101

empire101 Chieftain

Didn't notice that. Thanks

20. empire101

empire101 Chieftain

I am playing a game as Tojo's Japan using Rise to Power but my science does not increse when I finish reseaching a technolgy. Is there any way I can fix this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.