1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD's Rise to Power

Rise to Power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

..?

Tojo's UA is Science from gaining Coastal and Ocean tiles.

Researching technologies doesn't increase your Science output in any way; Population gives Science.

I fail to see your issue.

2. gnome

gnome Warlord

This seems like a dumb question, but is there a button for that initial act of forming a government? I successfully researched Code of Laws, and I got an alert that I could form a government, but I can't find where to do that.

3. Chrisy15

You click on the alert; if it doesn't work, then clear cache.

4. gnome

gnome Warlord

Thanks for the suggestion!

Ok, done that and trying again... haven't reached Code Of Laws again yet to see if it works, but now this oddity--anyone ever seen that come up in the status bar?
    I'll probably keep playing this session until CoL to see if my original issue was settled, but it's just bizzare.

20161228175950_1.jpg

5. Chrisy15

Once you've checked CoL, it'd be worth posting your Lua log so we can work out what's breaking the TopPanel.

6. gnome

gnome Warlord

Will do. Back when I've got it all together.

7. gnome

gnome Warlord

Ok, results:

- Original problem solved. As soon as I got CoL I got the prompt to form a government. THANK YOU! Any other help you can give is gravy :)

- Received this error on the transition to Classical era (got it last time too, and ignored it)
    Error1.jpg

- Still having that odd Top Panel issue as in the screenshot above. LUA log linked at the below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1prwjvLgCbCS2VUVENTRzNrMWs

8. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

I had this happen to me a couple of times, though for a different era. It may be a flag error in the files.

9. thothenki

thothenki Chieftain

I've had a similar issue. The game still works, but the error's a bit annoying...:crazyeye:

10. retrocity5

retrocity5 Prince

When it happens for me the graphics bug out and the buttons (Menu, Save, etc.) are off by a bit.

11. gnome

gnome Warlord

Examining the LUA log myself, I observed that there were a lot of errors surrounding the Hungary and Mercia mod civs. I disabled those and... pow, no more top panel issues. Weird.

So just that nuisance error that I imagine is the kind that is unavoidable in how many mods I have. Perhaps some update sometime will take care of it, it's not terribly important. Thanks, all.

12. Chrisy15

Yea, Hungary's a bit broke atm.

13. gnome

gnome Warlord

Ok, not out of the woods yet.

I am having that trouble where you can't get the government overview screen to pop up. Click the button, nothing happens.

I performed uninstall and reinstall of RtP but it did not seem to resolve (unless I must start a new game?)

LUA Log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1prwjvLgCbCREFEVVRhMDFXMnc

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

15. gnome

gnome Warlord

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

One of your mods has incorrectly setup the Civilization_JFD_Governments table and not referenced Rise to Power so that it will load first. This causes your error, and doubtlessly many others viz. Sovereignty.

17. gnome

gnome Warlord

Am I on the right track to review custom civ mods looking for that reference issue?

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

That, or you can use something like GrepWin to search your MODS folder for civs that do not have the Civilization_JFD_Governments table looking like this:

Code:
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS
       Civilization_JFD_Governments (
       CivilizationType                  text        REFERENCES Civilizations(Type)                    default null,
       CultureType                         text                                                        default null,
       LegislatureName                   text                                                       default   null,
       OfficeTitle                       text                                                       default   null,
       GovernmentType                   text                                                       default   null,
       Weight                           integer                                                       default   0);

19. Chrisy15

Alternatively your Stopwatch log will tell you which civ starts the broken entries, by comparing the timestamps with the database log.

20. gnome

gnome Warlord

Thanks, I'll have a look at it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.