1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD's Rise to Power

Rise to Power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

1)logs
    2)what other mods do you use
    3)EUI (incompatible) or not

2. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

UPDATE Beliefs
    SET Follower = 0
    WHERE Follower = 1 AND NOT Type = 'BELIEF_JFD_SHAMANISM'
    AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM JFD_GlobalUserSettings WHERE Type = 'JFD_RTP_PIETY_BELIEF_CHANGES_FOLLOWER' AND Value = 1);

What are these in Piety_Beliefs.sql? I can't found a religion because of this.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

4. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

Oh, you're right. But I still don't know why there are no follower beliefs and can't found a religion if I override CBO ones.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

6. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

Yeah, I'm using VP(1-12). That might be problem. Thanks!

7. havox79

havox79 Chieftain

Same problem for me, any idea for a quick fix ?

8. Mingel

Mingel Warlord

Guys,when JFD update mod use latest CP in that moment,don't update it when Gazebo update CP. I had same problems, crashes and bugs.

9. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

10. Ravellion

Ravellion Prince

Hi JFD. Just checked out your first page of your civ thread, and that made me think you probably mean the first post, right? I am quite enjoying Rise to Power, the reforms are loads of fun. Missing out on some of your civs is a bit of a shame though. If I can influence your priority list in any way, I would like to say I really enjoy having Haakon, Joseph II and Louis XIV in my games :D.

11. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Aye, the peeps on the OP are the most updated, and as such the ones least likely to cause error.

12. Karlos_BR

Karlos_BR Chieftain

I'm having a problem with this mod(i think). My last few games mostly crashed under 50 turns, my last one made it to 270 turns, but also crashed.
    The XML keeps mentioning "MISSING_UNIT_JFD_PROSPERITY" in all my tests right before the crash.

I'm using Community Patch, IGE, RtP, CiD, Cultural Diversity(Core and Soundtrack), Events and Decisions, ExCE, Enlightment Era, More Luxuries, Historical Religions Complete and some Civs(CL's Cuba and JFD's Hitler, Stalin and Louis XIV). All are up to date.

Here are the logs:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6mYxsxd2vKwWTV4VDNsYnd1djQ?usp=sharing

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  13. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

Hitler, Stalin and Louis are outdated now imho. Prosperity is not finished and it wasn't released.

14. Karlos_BR

Karlos_BR Chieftain

I tested without them and the problem persisted. I'm not sure if the prosperity is what is causing the crashes, i just mention it because it keeps appearing in my crash logs.

15. ofmiciv5

ofmiciv5 Warlord

Wow! Thank you so much JFD. This top panel viewing feature really helps, especially to those whom, like I, have smaller resolutions.

edit:
    BUG: unplayable CTD if I choose a legis on theo government, but tolerable if I just ignore the government feature, leaving it as it is, not choosing reforms
    played on 12-14 VOX because i read that the 1-12 has problems

edit 2:
    tried loading the game and again and on the 3rd try, I encountered no CTD on clicking the reform. no idea why i got CTD or not to encounter again.

no +20% sov given on chancery on all cities if one of them is FREE. built one at first but was "overidden" by free because of the summer palace wonder.

edit 3:
    loading the game on reneissance era... the piety gains is bugged... the +2 piety gained on culture-tile acquired not working... on the piety interface, there's NO WORLD RELIGION anywhere

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  16. Hypereon

Hypereon He was a Consul of Rome!

In my humble opinion, the Sovereignty component should somehow be connected to the Resistance and Loyalty in Cities in Development. That synergy would allow some interesting - and quite self-evident - things not done yet, like having Anarchy sentiment to affect the Rebellion sentiment in the cities, like the adopting policies with a high anarchy sentiment (or not adopting favoured policies, with addition of a lower cooldown, that could work similarly to Clamour for Reform in Empire: Total War, but this would be complicated), and changing the mode of government, even free, could possibly cause cities with low loyalty to revolt immediately. That would mean, for example in the case of establishing a dictatorship, that cities shoud be garrisoned to ensure the safe power change, like in the real world. In that case, though, the presence of revolutionaries should instead support the change of government, as reversely, content and loyal people would prefer to stay in the old regime. This is more a proposal to consider than a request. :)

PeterChu, Natan35 and retrocity5 like this.
  17. ofmiciv5

ofmiciv5 Warlord

Nice idea but I doubt he will. Coding the current RTP is a grueling task, not to mention CIV6 is out. But who know, he might. :) Either way, fixing bugs is the first priority.

I admire JFD and friends for even making such MODS.

Natan35 and retrocity5 like this.
  18. thesaltiestbanana

thesaltiestbanana Chieftain

I am having an issue with this mod. When ever I research Code of Laws, and codify the laws (Events and Decisions), the message that states that you can form a government continues to show up, leaving me to be unable to do anything in this aspect. I am unsure what it is. If it helps, additional mods that I am running are Community Patch (v.88), MD'S Serbia, New city penalties are halved, Future Worlds, and Cultural Diversity.

19. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Well researching CoL allows you to establish a government; you click on the popup to achieve this. You probably shouldn't enact the Code of Laws decision until you've done this, given that the effects either affect your government, don't work, or both :p

[EDIT] Lua log if issues persist.

20. Ryan Soo

Ryan Soo Chieftain

I'm a really big fan of your mods, and Rise to Power is probably the one I'm most excited about (like, I literally shout whenever there's a new update for it).

First time posting, so hope you don't mind if I mess up. Played a game and formed the HRE, but I don't think it's legislature is working properly. I had multiple CS allies, but the Diet is empty and my Reforms aren't affected in any way whatsoever.

Lua log here, and I hope someone here can help. Let me know if this isn't enough to go on. Thanks a bunch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.