Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a really big fan of your mods, and Rise to Power is probably the one I'm most excited about (like, I literally shout whenever there's a new update for it).

First time posting, so hope you don't mind if I mess up. Played a game and formed the HRE, but I don't think it's legislature is working properly. I had multiple CS allies, but the Diet is empty and my Reforms aren't affected in any way whatsoever.

Lua log here, and I hope someone here can help. Let me know if this isn't enough to go on. Thanks a bunch!

This is a known bug. And don't worry, I think JFD is already workng on that.

Well researching CoL allows you to establish a government; you click on the popup to achieve this. You probably shouldn't enact the Code of Laws decision until you've done this, given that the effects either affect your government, don't work, or both :p

[EDIT] Lua log if issues persist.

Ok, so this time the only thing different is TPangolin's Mexico instead of Serbia, but here is the Lua log for the first turn. Not sure what is wrong.
---->https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4kDv0cO9eoVMVJQTWF1enZfWjA/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Been having a problem with great prophets. I cannot use them to found a religion, but i can put them in my council and build holy sites. The button used to found a religion simply isn't on the side bar.

Been having a problem with great prophets. I cannot use them to found a religion, but i can put them in my council and build holy sites. The button used to found a religion simply isn't on the side bar.

Yea, there's an issue with RTP and the latest CPs - this file should fix most issues in this regard.

Attachments

• Piety_Beliefs.7z
    4.3 KB · Views: 410
Did anyone notice my post the last page? will it fix this too?

Did anyone notice my post the last page? will it fix this too?

No and No; that issue's probably caused by the NEAR INSERT error.

What does that mean (in terms of fixing it)?

Are we looking at any update soon to make up for CP's last two updates breaking things down?

(With basic CP, JFD's mercenary, CiD, CD, and RTP, it was impossible for me to found a religion, Great scout stopped earning XP from exploration at 102/150, the city-state UI was fudged (Diplomatic marriage was present, duplicated, not playing Austria) and it was impossible to buy slaves even if I had 23/22 shackles)

Are we looking at any update soon to make up for CP's last two updates breaking things down?

(With basic CP, JFD's mercenary, CiD, CD, and RTP, it was impossible for me to found a religion, Great scout stopped earning XP from exploration at 102/150, the city-state UI was ****ed (Diplomatic marriage was present, duplicated, not playing Austria) and it was impossible to buy slaves even if I had 23/22 shackles)

Use this patch:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/piety_beliefs-7z.464125/

JFD updated [WIP] Rise to Power with a new update entry:

Update to v33

• Cathedrals now possess the Great Work of Art slot whilst Mandirs possess the Engineer slot.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Inquisition did not yield Piety correctly.
  • Fixed incompatibilities with CP, and with it issues involving founding a Religion.
  • Fixed TXT_KEY issue with Corporations Overview in CBO.
  • Increased the Piety yield from Shamanism to 25.
  • Sorted Building and Wonder additions into Districts for CiD support.
  • Fixed an issue whereby a Civ with a preference for the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reporting:
The CHOOSE PRODUCTION bug after changing the government from monarch to theocracy still exist on the new version.

My bad for not copying the LUA and DATABASE at that time. When I encountered that bug, I closed the game and run the CIV5 only to close it again and reported here.
Hours later when I come back to this forum now, load the autosave and didn't encounter that bug. Fortunately, I did manage to screenshot that game. As you can see on the game VS the pic file on hand.

Spoiler Pics :

Last edited:
Don't know if intentional or not.
2 cities, all adopted same religion. No -1 per turn, only 0.
But there was a runtime error on LUA... the JFD_ChangeNumFreeReforms something.

Spoiler Pics :

Attachments

• Database.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Lua.txt
    16.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Bug:
Invite Civil Servant to Court. Didn't get any Magistrate or Dignitaries.
Just completed Liberty policy.

Spoiler Pics :

Attachments

• Database.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Lua.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Bug:
No free reform.
Enacted the Compile of Code Laws around 161. Now I'm in 173, just passed a reform on 172. The 15% cooldown was okey but no free.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Lua.txt
    51.8 KB · Views: 57
First CTD encountered on the game. The same game as the one I was sending report above.
Im in Industrial era now, around 300+ turn.

Looking at the LUA, there were runtime errors such as,
JFD's Rise to Power (v 33)\Components\Piety\Lua\Utilities\JFD_PietyUtils.lua:288: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'pietyLevelMod' (a nil value)

Not sure who's causing the bug but looking at the pattern, the last lua text after it should be FUNCTIONS TABLESAVE something.

Also there's a reform on +10% gold (if I remembered right on chanceries.) The only chancery I saw was Court of Chancery that extends the GA for 25% and give 2 GDignatary points. The chancery building was a building mod on.... VOX?

Attachments

• Database.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Lua.txt
    76.9 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom