Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
JFD said that he is working on a new version of YnAEMP. That is the reason why his Justinian I does not appear in the Only TSL list.

To the other lad:

Also, make sure the City-State Placement setting isn't set to TSL only. If you're using Sukritact's Suzereinty, I'm pretty sure he didn't add TSL for the new ones he added, and YnAEMP on TSL only setting will only let you choose as many CS' as have TSL.

p.s. civfanatics plz why can I not insert quote into an edited post? since I didn't see two extra posts after the post to which I'm responding til now...

To the other lad:

Also, make sure the City-State Placement setting isn't set to TSL only. If you're using Sukritact's Suzereinty, I'm pretty sure he didn't add TSL for the new ones he added, and YnAEMP on TSL only setting will only let you choose as many CS' as have TSL.
That does make sense.

Is it possible that you've still got an old version of CulDiv still in your MODS folder? If it's still in there then it'll cause issues. Otherwise iirc Trading Posts Grow into Towns is blocked because JFDDLC already has this functionality as part of Development.
Building mods might also conflict as JFD already has some buildings in the pack like herbalist
Also, Central cultures in the wiki said start the game with granary, but ingame it said near source of silver. I have neither granary nor near silver in most of my games (hopefully also won't get ctd this time). Why is this?

The 43 DLL works by turning City-State Slots into Major Civ slots, so if you're using that then no you can't have City-States. Otherwise, if you're meaning that you can't choose specific ones then that's standard and resolvable.
Hey Chris,
Many thanks for that quick reply. So I guess what you are saying is that with 43 civs in a TSL ynaemp earth map, I can’t have city states in the game as well, right? Is there a way to play the earth map with TSL AND have city states?

To the other lad:

p.s. civfanatics plz why can I not insert quote into an edited post? since I didn't see two extra posts after the post to which I'm responding til now...
Hey JFD,
Thanks for the reply mate. The thing is that when I use the earth map from ynaemp v24 and turn the TSL for CS, it gives me 0 city states. If you say that this will be fixed with the ynaemp v25 then I can just wait till then. Any idea when it could be ready by the way? For the record, I just want to say that I really admire your work and that of the rest of the guys when creating mods, you have made the civ experience ever so enjoyable. Happy holidays everyone.

Building mods might also conflict as JFD already has some buildings in the pack like herbalist
Also, Central cultures in the wiki said start the game with granary, but ingame it said near source of silver. I have neither granary nor near silver in most of my games (hopefully also won't get ctd this time). Why is this?

Starting bonuses have either all been changed to Resources, or will soon be changed to Resources (I guess the former is the case).

Hey Chrisy,
Many thanks for that quick reply. So I guess what you are saying is that with 43 civs in a TSL ynaemp earth map, I can’t have city states in the game as well, right? Is there a way to play the earth map with TSL AND have city states?

Just disable the 43 Civ DLL.

Starting bonuses have either all been changed to Resources, or will soon be changed to Resources (I guess the former is the case).

Just disable the 43 Civ DLL.
Cheers guys, I just disabled the sezerainty addon and it worked.

There appears to be issues with Tomatekh Historical Religons, i get a CTD after a custom religon is founded. In this case, Bayblon founded Chaldaenism, the turn after results in a CTD. This appears to be a fault to religion specific decisions.
Combing the logs doesn't seem to bring up anything so i'll attach the DebugDatabase I have; but can provide logs as needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsqaz2ldx9hyflr/Civ5DebugDatabase.db?dl=0

Last edited:
There appears to be issues with Tomatekh Historical Religons, i get a CTD after a custom religon is founded. In this case, Bayblon founded Chaldaenism, the turn after results in a CTD. This appears to be a fault to religion specific decisions.
Combing the logs doesn't seems to bring up anything so i'll attach the DebugDatabase I have; but can provide logs as needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsqaz2ldx9hyflr/Civ5DebugDatabase.db?dl=0

Logs would be handy, yea.

[EDIT] Dw, I've confirmed that it's a recurring issue and I've got an idea of what's causing it. Just a case of waiting for Jifford to wake up :p

Last edited:
Logs would be handy, yea.

[EDIT] Dw, I've confirmed that it's a recurring issue and I've got an idea of what's causing it. Just a case of waiting for Jifford to wake up :p
Well, hopefully this'll also fix the issue i've experiencing. Since the crash in the latest case occured after Rome founded Imperial Cult

Try manual installation of the 43 DLL; the installer hasn't been tested throughly, and you're more likely to know the install process than me :p

Thanks for responding, though I've decided to live with playing only 22 civs (for some reason, all luxury resources disappear from newly generated maps except for the ones JFD introduced when I exceed this number). There's another problem though...

After I formed a Government the Decisions panel just went blank. It was working perfectly before :undecide:

Logs here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zoxX35n91M5MQqbSHoyG48gGRzF-L0v1/view?usp=sharing

Hello, firstly thank you very much for that mod ! I've been enjoying it so far ! I installed JFDLC with the installer and I've seen several bugs in my 3 games :
My game is in french, i don't know if this is important to mention...
first game (playing moctezuma, no mod civs) :
- pearl spawned in plain, I don't know if this bug is linked to JFDLC
- cultural starting bonus didn't work (there was no cocoa near my city but maybe there was not enough place)
- my pantheon (+ 1 culture for vanilla, cocoa and cinnamon, I don't remember the name) gave me + 1 culture for vanilla but nothing for cinnamon (I don't know the interaction for cocoa, there was no cocoa near my cities).
- the decision : send emissaries did nothing, it costed 600 golds and a magistrate but I did not encounter a civ or a city state (and there was still a lot of civs to encounter)
- small problems with the UI : the building panel is hiding information on the left (loyalty of the city for example). + in the techs selection panel, when there is several innovations, all the techs are not shown.

2nd and 3rd games (playing moctezuma, no mod civs, in ynaemp TSL)
- I did receive a cocoa at the start, so it's most likely not a bug
- after founding my city, i was not able to build any building, it happened in both games

here are my logs.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    43.1 KB · Views: 58
Hello,

Does this mod work with Ingame Editor? I started a game and when I tried to open IGE it says JFD's Rise to Power is modifying some LUA this-and-that. Then on the next paragraph it showed the file directory of a file and I saw the JFD's Rise to Power folder in that directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom