Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! The mod is really great, but I have encountered one problem several times. The game crashes during the turn of one of the AI players, it usually happens during Medieval Era, around 150-170 turn. Usually by that time it also begins to crash when I'm trying to open the Government panel.
Here is the log of my latest game. Thanks!

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    46.4 KB · Views: 63
Hello! The mod is really great, but I have encountered one problem several times. The game crashes during the turn of one of the AI players, it usually happens during Medieval Era, around 150-170 turn. Usually by that time it also begins to crash when I'm trying to open the Government panel.
Here is the log of my latest game. Thanks!

Are you using Historical Religions?

Weird that it'd crash trying to open UI tho :/

Are you using Historical Religions?

Weird that it'd crash trying to open UI tho :/

During my latest game I used:
Christianity Merge (Historical Religions) (v 7)
Colored Religions (v 3)
Ethnic Diversity Unit Pack (v 29)
Ethnic Diversity Unit Pack for Mods (v 29)
Ethnic Diversity (vanilla scale) (v 29)
Future Worlds (v 6)
Future Tech Does Something Beyond Score Increasing Mod (v 1)
and all mods from current JFDDLC

So, maybe the reason is Christianity Merge?

Several times game suddenly overcame this crash and then worked fine till the end. Several times it overcame it but then crashed again several turns later. But in most cases it crashes at one point during certain turn and doesn't move further.
In the latest JFDDLC UI worked fine so far, though I often encountered crashes in previous versions.

Chrisy plz it prints out the mod list. Historical Religions there is possibly the cause. Has been fixed for the next version.

Yea but I don't download logs on mobile and I forgot to go back to it on PC.

Is this mod compatible with Barbarians Evolved? Whenever I have both installed I get a weird glitch where the Barbarian encampments only spawn barbarian settlers and tribal barbarian settlers.

Is this mod compatible with Barbarians Evolved? Whenever I have both installed I get a weird glitch where the Barbarian encampments only spawn barbarian settlers and tribal barbarian settlers.

Barbarians Evolved is a DLL mod, although it has been previously established that apparently there is a compatibility setting that you'll have to check in order to use it with the CP. Other than that I don't believe there's been any serious testing of the two, so I can't say there's any guarantee; although I can't think of anything obvious that'd cause an issue :/

Barbarians Evolved is a DLL mod, although it has been previously established that apparently there is a compatibility setting that you'll have to check in order to use it with the CP. Other than that I don't believe there's been any serious testing of the two, so I can't say there's any guarantee; although I can't think of anything obvious that'd cause an issue :/
Alright, thank you very much!

Found an exploit:
Starting and Stopping Razing of a City gives the innovation to banking as many times as you want, as the Courthouse is invested already.

Started a 43 civilization game w/ JFD's Byzantium on TSL, (using the latest JFDLC), and was sad to see them unsupported, or at least not in their proper position. Is this intentional?

So, I started a new game without any Historical Religions mod this time, but everything stays the same: the game crashed on turn 170 during the AI turn.

My mods:
Colored Religions (v 3)
Future Worlds (v 6)
and complete JFDDLC

Can any of these mods be the reason of the problem?

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    43.1 KB · Views: 55
So, I started a new game without any Historical Religions mod this time, but everything stays the same: the game crashed on turn 170 during the AI turn.

My mods:
Colored Religions (v 3)
Future Worlds (v 6)
and complete JFDDLC

Can any of these mods be the reason of the problem?
I too have been suffering from ctds, and the only mod that's on my and your mod list is ethnic diversity. Could it be that? (i hope not though)

I wouldn't have thought Ethnic Diversity would be CTD-inducing, but urgh CTDs are such a pain ;_;

Started a 43 civilization game w/ JFD's Byzantium on TSL, (using the latest JFDLC), and was sad to see them unsupported, or at least not in their proper position. Is this intentional?
JFD is working a new version (25) for YnAEMP that is why Byantium does not appear in the TSL only option. He creating a new TSL system.

Thank you for creating this and all your other great mods! I'm just experiencing one problem with this mod, and that that my city development scores are all ridiculously low, around -327 million. Screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/6tx1B

Anything I can do to fix this? The only mods I'm running are this one, the community patch, and the IGE. Any help welcome, thanks in advance.

@JFD

A quick notes coming from someone who loves YAEMP now that I've read that you're updating it.

This all comes from someone who plays Europe (Greatest) the most. The notes are all relevant to it.

1. I'm not sure how possible it is, but I find running YAEMP makes there be far fewer city states in the game than there should be. Once I only had 8 city states... I assume that's because it loads a random set then eliminates those that don't belong on the map.

The issue here is that using TSL essentially limits the City State slots to 25 or so. If I don't put TSL, I can put up to 41. I assume this has something to do with the 43 civ DLL, which I do not play with.

What I end up doing is load with IGE, start a game with an absurd number of city states, then move them around, deleting those that don't belong. However that does end up spoiling the map somewhat and makes exploration a tad too predictable.

Can't we just cut the issue and allow the player to put 41 city states even without TSL? That way the probability of there being more TSL city states would be higher.

2. Resource distribution needs to be looked at. If I don't enable scaling, resources are a little too sparse and some civs don't end up with anything. UK region tends to be almost barren sometimes.

If I do enable scaling, it kinda breaks the game with all the resources lying around. Perhaps look at the scaling itself?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom