Rise to Power
Yer, the Decisions have been fixed for the next version. Will fix the Officers, thanks.
Yea, it's using an outdated function: this people is why we've been making such a deal about which civs you should use, because we've got no current idea where all these functions are scattered
It's bc the Policy is hardcoded whereas Liberty isn't
Alright, I finished my first game with JFDLC (well, second... I played with historical religions for my first, so that caused a CTD). I played on King, and the AI made no Great Works whatsoever. I will move up to Emperor and see what happens.
I had a question about Great Musicians though, as I could not activate them in foreign territory of a civilization I was at war with. Do they require Open Borders?
That's a Community Patch change; idk the specifics, but you definitely can't use them against people you're at war with, no.
Thanks for the quick response! Sorry if I seemed a bit impatient with all the questions tho
There are some E&D bugs which do not occur if JFDLC is not used. Specifically:
- in a game with Montezuma all civs can form the Triple Alliance,
- in a game with Casimir the Great you can embrace the Enlightenment once per era after Enlightenment Era is reached.
Also in Suzerainty:
- you cannot buy resources from allied City States which offer that as their ally bonus (empty buttons are shown).
OK I have encountered a bug but I've never used discord and don't know where to send the logs? Where do you post them? The bug is pretty simple, the game crashes when I try to upgrade slave warrior to spearmen. These are the mods:
JFD's The Kingdom of Egypt (Hatshepsut) (v 2)
JFDLC (1) - Gazebo's Community Patch (v88)
JFDLC (10) - Gedemon's YnAEMP
JFDLC (12) - Krzyzk's Quick Turns (v10)
JFDLC (2) - Pouakai's Enlightenment Era (v6)
JFDLC (3) - Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v3)
JFDLC (4) - Sukritact's Suzereinty (v1)
JFDLC (5) - Barathor's More Luxuries (v155)
JFDLC (6) - Putmalk's Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v1)
JFDLC (7) - JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v16)
JFDLC (8) - JFD's Rise to Power (v55)
JFDLC (9) - JFD's Events Compendium (v5)
Logs should be posted to this thread by zipping them and using the Upload a File button; but don't worry for this case, because it's known that the alt upgrade trees are kinda pretty unstable. You should be fine if you just reload the game and don't try to upgrade to an alt upgrade.
Thanks! BTW That alt-upgrade tree is part of what mod of this list? Can I disable it?
I have the charity belief, and have selected the user setting that purchasing purchases outright. When I do so, I do not gain +10 piety when purchasing a building.
Waiting a few turns and trying again worked for me as well.
It should have a user setting.
I can see you use SP because of the "MANPOWER" in your TopPanel...
SuperPower is COMPLETE modpack, it is not design at all for working with other mods, that's say in the SuperPower documentation... My advices when you want to try a new big mod like SuperPower, Vox Populi or JFDLC is :
1) Don't even think about mix these mods without a patch specially made for that, they just modify too much things who will conflict, that seem pretty obvious... but the error is understandable specially if your not aware of modding or development.
2) Clean your cache folder before.
3) Launch it without another mod first and add one by one other mods if you want to, for isolate the possible conflicting mod. It's a matter of developer respect that will take a long time to help you, he's already taking a lot of his time to make his mod work as it should without other mods (or only with explicitly supported mods). You can't just ask him why the mod don't work while you use a lot of other mods at the same time without idea of what can possibly conflict.
4) Read the ******* manual before asking help ! again it's a matter of developer respect !
If you want to help, try the mod you like one by one like I said, it will be easier to help you and you can share with the community what mod individually seem to be compatible for you.
Hi, I didnt mixed this mod with the SP modpack.
It's probably a problem of cache folder. Need to clean that so.
It was a problem of using Hungary, like I explained in my previous post...
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what's causing my CTDs.
I mean, on the contrary, I did explain that HR does currently have a CTD inducing incompatibility in the public version. In addition, I'd also direct you to the point on the discord troubleshooting channel which explains how much of a pain CTDs are to resolve, given that they rarely show up in the Lua log. If you have disabled Historical Religions and Alternate Unit Paths, and are still experiencing CTDs, then regretfully it'll be likely that the cause will still be evasive.
You are kinda contradicting yourself here.
Also, how do I disable Alternate Unit Paths?
in the UserSettings file, like for most other components.
We are in the realm of grasping straws. Any lead, unlikely as it may be, is better than nothing.
As it is this CTD does show up in the Lua log*, and is likely caused by Cultural Developments. Disabling them in E&D's UserSettings file (along with other Events tbh bc they're kinda unstable too) should solve the issue, and should be doable without starting a new save because Lua Settings Files.
*strictly speaking the error doesn't actually show in the log, it's just that Suk has the CulDevs print when they fire and I know that they've got a history of instability so I can take a reasonably educated guess.
So basically set everything from "= 1" to "= 0" in the EventsAndDecisions_Settings.lua file?
Separate names with a comma.