Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically set everything from "= 1" to "= 0" in the EventsAndDecisions_Settings.lua file?

No, you set the settings referring to Events to 0. Decisions work fine, and are highly recommended.

The Hungary ?
I don't understand what you mean.
Is it about one of the civilization in the JFD civilizations pack ?
But I don't see what one. What leader ?
Sorry, as Im not english native speaker, I don't understand well all.

It didn't help with the CTD though.

And you're not helping with it either -.-
As previously explained, CTDs are extremely difficult to resolve. It just so happened that your one appeared to be linked to a known cause of CTDs. If you've disabled the Events and are still encountering one, then it could potentially be caused by HR, Alternate Unit Upgrades, or another unknown source. The complete lack of resources provided by this post leaves this impossible to even investigate. The easiest thing to do would just be to start a new game with the aformented culprits disabled.

The Hungary ?
I don't understand what you mean.
Is it about one of the civilization in the JFD civilizations pack ?
But I don't see what one. What leader ?
Sorry, as Im not english native speaker, I don't understand well all.

Stephen I's Kingdom of Hungary should not be used because it breaks the TopPanel, as you have experienced and as has been explained multiple times in multiple places.

And you're not helping with it either -.-
No need to be so passive-aggressive! I was merely providing infomation that the suggested course of action didn't resolve the issue.
The complete lack of resources provided by this post leaves this impossible to even investigate.
Are the files I linked to not enough? If not, please tell me what else you need.

No need to be so passive-aggressive! I was merely providing infomation that the suggested course of action didn't resolve the issue.

You've got to understand where Chrisy's coming from. He deals with many people constantly seeking help, and it's even more frustrating when there is a constant lack of information that requires prodding to unearth more. CTD's are also almost impossible to solve and very hard to discover what caused it. While Chrisy may be a little terse, it's symptomatic for people on the forums here to not being that helpful when it comes to solving their own problems.

Essentially, with CTDs, you are on your own. If you're using other mods, it's your responsibility to find a stable load order that works for you. If you're only using JFDLC, then CTDs cannot be diagnosed from the users end. It's unfortunate, and I cannot begin to explain how grating for me personally, but there's very little that can be done about it from your position. It could be a problem in the code, or it could be that your PC cannot handle the increased performance demanded by JFDLC, etc.. For everyone involved - myself, Chrisy, and others - this is a hobby, so we do not have the development tools, time, or resources to fully support major issues like this.

All of this is explained on the Discord. Please, do not report issues without trying to fix them yourself, and in particular without reading and understanding the Discord troubleshooting and f.a.q. channels. It is unfair that Chrisy should have to respond to every already-explained report or issue on my behalf.

If you want to use mods not included the JFDLC installer, *expect* problems. If you experience CTDs, just reload and carry on, start a new game, or if you're unhappy, do not use this mod. As the EULA states, "you use this mod at your own risk!"

Are the files I linked to not enough? If not, please tell me what else you need.

But if you're still encountering a CTD that means you'll have loaded the game again which means that there'll be new logs that probably don't explain the new CTD. If you've disabled Cultural Developments and you're still getting a CTD then it must be caused by something else, and by that point we're rapidly running out of known CTD causes.

Using the latest JFDLC (with components 1 to 9 active), a plague doesn't seem to negatively affect food supply / growth anymore...

Is this possibly something in user settings?

Attachments

• Plague.zip
    168.9 KB · Views: 137
Derp! Forgot about that. Here are the new logs, hope they can help.

Well the logs no longer show a Cultural Development firing, so unless CP Events cause CTDs all of a sudden we're back to "unknown cause".

Hi, I used only JFDLC, and I found when I declared war to or was declared war by a civ with allied citystates, I could make peace with these citystates immediately, though
they were still allied with my enemy. Is this a problem or designed deliberately?

Well the logs no longer show a Cultural Development firing, so unless CP Events cause CTDs all of a sudden we're back to "unknown cause".
Guess I'll have to experiment with enabling and disabling mods and hope for the best.

For some reason everytime i start a new game, i have my Development score as -374,294,279.45
Yes you read that right, minus threehundred million. lol, and it never changes.
Any idea what causes this? I've not got too many other mods active, mainly these;

Community DLL
Community Balance Patch
JFDLC Rise to Power
JFDLC Cultural Diversity
R.E.D. modpack
R.E.D. smaller landmarks
Motte and Bailey Fort
Fort Borders
Cultural Diversity (non-dll version)
Barbarian Immersion
Mountain Yields
Improvements in Water Tiles
Historical Religions
Civ IV Leader Traits

For some reason everytime i start a new game, i have my Development score as -374,294,279.45
Yes you read that right, minus threehundred million. lol, and it never changes.
Any idea what causes this? I've not got too many other mods active, mainly these;

Community DLL
Community Balance Patch
JFDLC Rise to Power
JFDLC Cultural Diversity
R.E.D. modpack
R.E.D. smaller landmarks
Motte and Bailey Fort
Fort Borders
Cultural Diversity (non-dll version)
Barbarian Immersion
Mountain Yields
Improvements in Water Tiles
Historical Religions
Civ IV Leader Traits

I've had the same problem, try delete cache folder and reinstall JFDLC.
JFDLC is not design to work with community balance patch, the game will be totally unbalanced and some features of JFDLC will be deactivate.

The link to JFDModdingWiki on page #1 goes to Civ VI page, not Civ V.
Also there's no content anymore. An overview of what JFDLC is remains elusive.

The link to JFDModdingWiki on page #1 goes to Civ VI page, not Civ V.
Also there's no content anymore. An overview of what JFDLC is remains elusive.

The wiki's outdated regardless. Information on the mod can be found in the patch notes on the Discord server, the in-game Civilopedia, Keniisu's YouTube videos, or by simply reading through some of the posts in any of the related threads. While mod detail presentation could definitely be improved, which is something which I am totally working on, ngl it's not much worse than the likes of Future Worlds' or the CBP's :p

The JFDModdingWiki isn't outdated, it just isn't fully updated. It's mostly just an index rn. There was never more to it - you're thinking of the Customization wiki, which is indeed outdated.

Anyway, faxed the link. Thank.

Sure, it's probably hard to get into JFDLC right now, but besides Chrisy I'm working on my own, trying to add new features, optimize code, balance, bug-test, whilst also juggling new and to-be-updated civs, not to mention Civ VI and IRL commitments. When all that's sorted, I'll work on fuller documentation, but for now, its - hopefully understandably - lowest priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom