Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I attempted to load it all just now anyway - my appetite for an RPG experience grew large. Sadly I have a bug.

Description of the bug:
Started game as Austria. Settle on second turn. Attempting to open city production view does nothing (using either the progression button or the city button). Game is softlocked.

Modlist:
(JFDLC 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8) - Community Patch, Enlightenment Era, Suzerainty, More Luxuries, Cultural Diversity, Rise to Power (not: Events and Decisions)

Logs: (attached)

I also have a question... did the JFDLC setup give me a map type called communitastester that's locked to Small size games? I couldn't remember if that was me.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Lua.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 70
  • xml.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 61
Fair enough. I attempted to load it all just now anyway - my appetite for an RPG experience grew large. Sadly I have a bug.

Description of the bug:
Started game as Austria. Settle on second turn. Attempting to open city production view does nothing (using either the progression button or the city button). Game is softlocked.

Modlist:
(JFDLC 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8) - Community Patch, Enlightenment Era, Suzerainty, More Luxuries, Cultural Diversity, Rise to Power (not: Events and Decisions)

Logs: (attached)

I also have a question... did the JFDLC setup give me a map type called communitastester that's locked to Small size games? I couldn't remember if that was me.

Can you post DebugDatabase please? It seems as though there's a Tech with an invalid Era, which is weird :/

Well, I can't see anything out of the ordinary: all Techs have a valid Era, and it's Firaxis code so if there was an obvious cause it should've been noticed long ago. I can only guess it's an anomaly of some sorts; see if it persists after a cache clear or something.

In fact, doing nothing at all but reload game from AutoSave_Initial cleared the problem. However, I saw some fish resources on land tiles next to a city-state. Also, Temujin proposed a deal to me, then rejected when I accepted what he said. I saw some other bugs that are probably Community Patch stuff, but also Karakorum starved from 3 to 2, which I can only think comes from struggling with violence or plague.

Does this mod incorporate AI improvements like those in Artificial Unintelligence or the Community Patch?

It requires the Community Patch, and so rather than "incorporating" them you just have to use them.

Sorry I’m a bit confused, didn’t you guys say the it isn’t “encouraged” to use RtP with the CP (or is that just the CBO)?

It isn't encouraged to use Rise to Power with the full Community Balance Patch, but Rise to Power is dependent the base Community Patch (which is why the CBP has been tolerated for so long :p).

If you want to play safe then the autoinstaller just includes the base CP, thus removing any risk of confusion.

It isn't encouraged to use Rise to Power with the full Community Balance Patch, but Rise to Power is dependent the base Community Patch (which is why the CBP has been tolerated for so long :p).

If you want to play safe then the autoinstaller just includes the base CP, thus removing any risk of confusion.

Ah, I see, thank you for clearing that up! One other question - do all the civs that were previously compatible with the separate JFD mods still work with the new centralized RtP, or will they have to be updated first? Say, for example, this.

It's hard to say, really, and needs to be taken on a case by case. If the civ used certain coding methods from the old RtP, then they won't be. If it was just database support (such as titles, biases, culture type, etc.), they'll still be fine. For the majority of civs that aren't mine, I would say they're fine, since few people did any special RtP support such that they'd use those old methods.

It seems that the download link for that Romania is dead atm, so I couldn't test to be sure. But I would err on the side of it's fine to use.

Hey guys, just want to thank you all for sticking around to diagnose crash problems...My most recent one during an AI turn (Carthage) and I can't seem to get past this turn. I have disabled the events aspect of E&D and the multi-choice unit upgrades mentioned in the previous posts. Clearing the cache helped advance a few more turns, only to have it happen again. I have my logs posted here, hopefully it helps.

In addition to that, is there a simple way to comb through the logs myself to find out what caused a CTD to begin with? So I don't have to bother you guys for answers? Maybe some specific terms to search for within the logs?

Attachments

• logs.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
Hey guys, just want to thank you all for sticking around to diagnose crash problems...My most recent one during an AI turn (Carthage) and I can't seem to get past this turn. I have disabled the events aspect of E&D and the multi-choice unit upgrades mentioned in the previous posts. Clearing the cache helped advance a few more turns, only to have it happen again. I have my logs posted here, hopefully it helps.

In addition to that, is there a simple way to comb through the logs myself to find out what caused a CTD to begin with? So I don't have to bother you guys for answers? Maybe some specific terms to search for within the logs?

CTDs are basically invisble: Lua log gives no real clues, unless it's gonna be related to the MapLabels saving which idk if there's ever been evidence for being a thing...

Hi all, sorry to bother. I love, love, looove rise to power and its components, but it seems that my computer just can't run JFDDLC (I can't get past turn thirty). (BTW, it is also probably because I am using an ~6+ year old laptop with integrated graphics, soo.. :p) However, my mod setup worked just fine with the separate components of JFD DLC before it became JFD DLC (the separate Rise to power, sovereignty, so on). I was wondering if it was possible for me to get a hold of those mod versions? To clarify, do you guys have links or downloads of JFD's older game play changes mods? Thanks and much love!

You might be better off trying disabling various components, since that should reduce performance issues and might even leave you with more stuff active than if you use those versions :p

Which components would be various components?
And where could I read about how to disable them?

Which components would be various components?
And where could I read about how to disable them?

There's a UserSettings file in the mod, where you can enable and disable almost every component of the JFDDLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom