Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I know this mod has incorporated events, and that the recommended event mod is Sukritact's Events and Decisions.
Yet it's not clear if I need to tick "Enable Events System" in advanced setup? (because the pop-up menu says Vox Populi events, which should not be compatible AFAIK).

Hi guys, I know this mod has incorporated events, and that the recommended event mod is Sukritact's Events and Decisions.
Yet it's not clear if I need to tick "Enable Events System" in advanced setup? (because the pop-up menu says Vox Populi events, which should not be compatible AFAIK).

The checkbox in Advanced Setup is for the CP's Events. E&D Events are enabled/disabled from a Lua file in E&D. Neither E&D's Events, CP's Events, nor JFDDLC are incompatible with each other; although bear in mind that E&D's Events have garnered a reputation for instability, especially the Cultural Developments.

I have a suspicion that JFDDLC's alternate icons is causing the wonky stuff regarding tech trees missing techs and other weirdness. Testing hypothesis... Seems like it's part of the problem.

EDIT: Wait no, it was either Amer-Asian Resources or Resources Expanded.

EDIT2: It's Amer-Asian Resources. Which is weird, since they use different names for their resources in their code?

Last edited:
Found a visual bug. It is literally 2.5 of the way down the icon sheet. And somehow the game won't go past turn 120? End turn and boom, CTD.
Spoiler big pic :

Found a visual bug. It is literally 2.5 of the way down the icon sheet. And somehow the game won't go past turn 120? End turn and boom, CTD.
Spoiler big pic :

Yea, it interprets the 2.5 Development quite literally :p

Gonna need more details on the CTD though; it's not gonna be caused by the 2.5 Development, that's for sure...

Yea, it interprets the 2.5 Development quite literally :p

Gonna need more details on the CTD though; it's not gonna be caused by the 2.5 Development, that's for sure...

Yeah, I suspect it's something entirely different, since my current game always terminated after ending turn on turn 120 in the two tries I did. Gonna try again and see if something changes, and then trying out a new game and see if that terminates around 120.

And somehow the game won't go past turn 120? End turn and boom, CTD.
The game does not CTD on turn 120 and beyond. No CTDs with or without other mods
I do get a notification, yes, but clicking on it does nothing. I even tested it with no other mods just to make sure that there wasn't any conflict problems. Is there some option I'm missing or does this sound like I have a bug?
Experienced this every gameplay, when constructed the government wonder or researched the government research. Clicking government works like a normal next turn button.

Techs over an era into the future are locked to prevent then receiving Innovation bonuses. This shouldn't cause a CTD if you click one though.

Maybe the Hinduism crash was related to the HR crash?

So I'm having an issue where texture files for the various era transitions aren't loading at all, leaving a blank red image in place of the era art, and the game almost always ends up crashing with a "Civilization 5 has stopped working" message somewhere between turn 70 and 90 (usually my games have been played on Huge Continents+ maps with quick speed, and 9 AIs + 24 city-states plus myself). I can't seem to pinpoint the source of this error, but it usually happens after I've ended my turn and the game is processing the turns of the AIs. I've checked xml.log, database.log, and lua.log, but there's no evidence of a game-crashing error in any of them (I'll still post the lua and database logs anyway because maybe you guys can spot something I'm not seeing). As well as using the most recent version of JFDLC as of Feb 15, 2018, with all its bundled mod inclusions as part of the "JFDLC, Custom Civs, and Recommended Mods" option chosen for installation with the exe, I also have "Covert Operations - Making Spies Great Again (v.2)", "InfoAddict (v.22)", "Iska's Holy Wars (v.1)", "Really Advanced Setup (v.15)", "Strange Religions (v.9)", and a mod of my own making which adds a custom civilization (which I've been playing as), but I'm 99.99% certain my self-made custom civ isn't the issue unless JFDLC doesn't play well with custom civs that don't come with the standard installation. If, however, it does turn out to be the main issue, I will post an archived file of it here for download and review, so that I can get assistance making it compatible with JFDLC.

UPDATE: Here are the logs that generated following my attempts to replicate the conditions for the crash. The crash occurred on turn 70, after the barbarians had finished their turn, and did not return a "Civilization 5 has stopped working" message this time, instead resulting in an immediate CTD following a freeze-up for two seconds. Also, something else that got my attention, though is not quite as serious as the other problems is shown in an image link here.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Lua.txt
    43.6 KB · Views: 82
  • stopwatch.txt
    134.3 KB · Views: 76
  • lol.png
    lol.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I found two bugs (IDK if this was founded before so I'll just leave it here):
  • I'm around Turn 40-49 and when I pressed "Next Turn", it shows that India has founded Hinduism then when its the turn of Nation-States it CTD. I founded this bug a month ago and it also CTD on around Turn 40-49 so I just decided to remove RTP. But I really need your help on this one because I want to try it out!
  • A lot of Techs in the Tech Tree cannot be researched. When I'm going to choose a new research then I clicked a tech that cannot be researched, it CTD.
Spoiler My List of Mods :

(1) Community Patch

(2) Community Balance Overhaul

(3) CSD for CBP

(4) Civ IV Diplomatic Features

(5) More Luxuries

(6c) 43 Civs CP

(7) Community Events (v 4)

(8) Events and Decisions (CBO) (v 14)

(BNW) Leugi's Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements (v 1)

Ancient Building Pack (v 2)

Ancient Building Pack 2 (v 2)

Archaeology Aesthetic Adjustments (v 1)

Buildings - Upgrade System (v 12)

Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 4)

Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (BNW Extended) (v 3)

Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Extended) (v 5)

Cistern and Marina - New Buildings (v 2)

City Limits (v 7)

City States Evolved (v 3)

City States Leaders II (compatible) (v 7)

Community Patch Mod Compatibility (v 14)

Enhanced Military Buildings (v 2)

Enlightenment Era (Vox Populi) (v 1)

Faster Aircraft Animations (v 3)

Faster Plot Expansion (v 1)

Gibraltar, Reef, and Krakatoa Fixes (v 101)

Greatest Cities (v 11)

Improved Caravansary (v 3)

Improved Granary (v 1)

Improved Lighthouse (v 2)

Improved Water Mill (v 1)

Improved Windmill (v 1)

Improvement - Pontoon Bridge (v 3)

Industrial Building Pack (v 2)

InfoAddict (v 22)

Ingame Editor (v 39)

JFDLC (4) - Sukritact's Suzereinty

JFDLC (7) - JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core)

JFDLC (8) - JFD's Rise to Power

JFDLC (9) - JFD's Events Compendium

Medieval and Renaissance Building Pack (v 1)

More City-Sates Luxuries (v 3)

National Wonder Collection (v 3)

Neolithic Wonders (v 1)

No XP Cap from Barbarians (v 1)

Promotions - Ancient Ruins Choice (v 2)

Promotions - Expansion Pack (v 9)

R.E.D. HotFix (v 3)

R.E.D. Modpack (v 27)

R.E.D. Xtented (v 3)

R.E.D. Xtreme (v 27)

Reforestation (v 9)

Renewable Energy (v 1)

Reseed! (v 11)

Resource - Granary Includes Bison (v 3)

Ressource - Mint Include Copper (v 2)

Strategic Buildings Pack (v 2)

Terrain - Brazilwood Camp Extension (v 3)

Terrain - Feitoria Extension (v 3)

Terrain - Kasbah Extension (v 3)

Terrain - Motte-and-bailey Fort (v 5)

Terrain - Poor Tiles Tweak (v 2)

Terrain - Terrace Farm Extension (v 3)

Terrain - Tipi (v 5)

Terrain Names Corrected (v 2)

UI - Show XP in Military Overview

Useful Oil Mod (v 10)

Attachments

• Lua.log.txt
    2 MB · Views: 53
If you're using any mods outside the JFDLC load order, we are unlikely to be able to support them. JFDLC is an overhaul. It is far too big to be safely used with other mods, and it doesn't have the benefit of being DLL-based like VP. If you have any mods outside the JFDLC installer, you are using them at your own risk. Chrisy and I are not professionals but hobbyists with limited time, limited resources, limited patience, and limited insight into your specific setups. CTDs, as is stated on the Discord troubleshooting channel, are next to impossible to track down from your side, and could relate to numerous things from the inability of your PC to run JFDLC, from issues with your other mods, to issues in JFDLC. It you experience CTDs, make sure your PC is powerful enough; far exceeding the minimum specifications required for Civ V, and make sure you are not using anything other than what's included in the installer.

That is not to say you shouldn't experiment with other mods, and that you can't post about those experiences including any identifiable bugs. But unless you accept the risk, and know what you're doing with that risk and what it is you're reporting, please remember that this is a mod and that it is publicly available as a courtesy for those that *do* understand this already.

OK, so I've pored over a lot of Lua.log instances over a lot of games, and it seems like these two errors crop up fairly often.

Code:
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Langit\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFDLC (7) - JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core)\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CulDivUtils.lua:211: attempt to call global 'PlotAreaSpiralIterator' (a nil value)
(which is weird since I checked and PlotAreaSpiralIterator is defined in PlotIterators.lua which is right in the same folder)

and
Code:
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Langit\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFDLC (8) - JFD's Rise to Power\JFDLC Core\Progress in Time\Innovations\Lua\JFD_PIT_Innovations_Functions.lua:387: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)

I believe the PlotIterator one is the most urgent, since it breaks cultural resource spawning. I always start as Russia and oftentimes there's no fur spawned near me.

Churs. In the next public update, the starting bonuses are removed outright anyway, since I was sorting gearing towards that :p Will check out the Innovations bug. Appreciate the detailed report :dusanlad:

Does your mod change barbarians because they are spawning only ranged units and if it does how to disable these changes?

Last edited:
Does your mod change barbarians because they are spawning only ranged units and if it does how to disable these changes?
Do you have other mods that are enabled?

P.S. (JFD) In the spoiler in the first post there is one missing under Cities in Development, or there is an extra line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom