Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Good to know. :)

Now, bug report: I convert all of AI's cities to my religion. Then he founds his own religion. Two turns afterwards, he switches his state religion back to mine(but of course his capital still follows his religion). Is there any way to fix this? I also had saw an AI choosing state religion, and founding his own religion some 4 turns later.

On other news, I really like the idea of high piety level converting only citizens who don't have a religion.

I don't think that's a bug, that's what normally happens...

But can't makes no sense. Why found a religion when mist of your cities(or all of them) already follow one? More importantly, if you found it, why convert back after some turns?

Why are some beliefs avlaible as both enhancer and reformation?
(The Inca abused the hell out of this bug.)

I have an E&D bug.
Spoiler :
When i secularize the state my E&D breaks and i cannot enact any more decisions.
When looking through the logs i found this:
Code:
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (Piety) (v 4)\Piety\Lua\Utilities\JFD_PietyUtils.lua:69: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)

EDIT:
Disregard. I reinstalled E&D and it works fine now.

What?
(Also why AIs keep secularising and adopting state religions infinitely, when they don't have a single citizen following religion other than their state religion?)

What?
(Also, what?)
AIs shouldn't be able to adopt a State Religion after secularising.
Are you saying that they are?
They also shouldn't be able to adopt a State Religion without citizens respective of that religion in their empire.
Could you be imagining things?

Anyone credible able to account for this?

What?
(Also, what?)
AIs shouldn't be able to adopt a State Religion after secularising.
Are you saying that they are?
They also shouldn't be able to adopt a State Religion without citizens respective of that religion in their empire.
Could you be imagining things?

Anyone credible able to account for this?

1. Yes
2. Not a chance, doctor. I took my medicine.
3. Sheogorath.

Spoiler :
Oh wait... Mwhahahahahahha

1. Yes
2. Not a chance, doctor. I took my medicine.
3. Sheogorath.

Spoiler :
Oh wait... Mwhahahahahahha

Finally, Nathan, you're talking some sense.

I'll definitely see what's up, but I won't be able to update it until after the institutions are ready - otherwise nosy Hamms might try enabling half-finished mechanics, causing great disaster :p

Any other bugs? The latest update was rather hefty, and I'm not surprised there are things wrong with it.

I think I'm getting extra tourism(the reformation belief) from each religious building purchased anywhere, even if its not in my empire. But I'm not sure about that, I will check it out tomorrow.

(Also, Nathan? Who is this man? I never heard of him... :rolleyes:)

For some reason, it appears that P&P breaks certain other mods which use TSL Serializer v3, namely my Hyperdimension Neptunia Civs. Firetuner returns "Failed to iterate table due to query error." Deleting the Lua files containing the Events & Decisions seemed to fix it. It seems that there might be problems stemming from having TSL included in each file which includes JFD_PietyUtils. I can't exactly pinpoint why this is, unfortunately, but would it be possible for you to edit your setup so that TSL is only included from the "main" file of Piety when you get the chance?

I noticed the occasional message that someone would Secularize... then not long after, they'd adopt a state religion. Then they'd secularize. I haven't played enough Piety to have recognized that maybe this secularization thing was a "one time decision."

I'd noticed this both in terms of enemy civs, and also CSs. "Ife has Secularized!" "Ife has adopted Zoroastrianism as a State Religion", etc., or however exactly the pop up messages were phrased.

This is a common thing for the AI in piety. They usually cost culture/magistrates to do. Not sure why they're doing it every other turn.

For some reason, it appears that P&P breaks certain other mods which use TSL Serializer v3, namely my Hyperdimension Neptunia Civs. Firetuner returns "Failed to iterate table due to query error." Deleting the Lua files containing the Events & Decisions seemed to fix it. It seems that there might be problems stemming from having TSL included in each file which includes JFD_PietyUtils. I can't exactly pinpoint why this is, unfortunately, but would it be possible for you to edit your setup so that TSL is only included from the "main" file of Piety when you get the chance?

Not... really - PietyUtils is the main file - it's called by various other files which depend on the stored data. I don't recall any issues with P&P and Karl anyway, and both use TSL. Maybe DarkScythe could shed some light - I'm perhaps using TSL incorrectly anyway.

I can confirm that, when enacting a piety-related decision (in this case it was founding/adoping a religion), it breaks my E&D. It seems to work fine for the AI though, as they secularize and have events normally. My error i said to disregard was from a secularizing bug, but i'm not sure why reinstalling fixed it.
Here's a handful of errors, there's a lot of them but i feel most are repeating.
Spoiler :

Code:
[38949.939] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (Piety) (v 4)\Piety\Lua\JFD_Piety_Decisions.lua:379: attempt to compare number with nil
[38949.939] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (Piety) (v 4)\Piety\Lua\Utilities\JFD_PietyUtils.lua:60: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)
[38949.939] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (Piety) (v 4)\Piety/Lua/JFD_Piety_Functions.lua:118: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)
[38949.939] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (Piety) (v 4)\Piety/Lua/JFD_Piety_Functions.lua:399: attempt to compare nil with number
[38950.002] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (Piety) (v 4)\Piety\Lua\UI\Overrides\ReligionOverview.lua:772: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)

Also, I got the mod from steam workshop.

Piety updated to v5:

• Added new Chapter House icon thanks to Sukritact the Benevolant
  • Fixed an issue where secularization did not cause you to lose piety if the civ hadn't previously changed State Religions
  • Fixed an issue where the rewards from secularization would not be added unless you secularized via decision
  • Added sounds for Mormonism, Baha'i, Num, and Satsana Phi, thanks to Tomatekh the Pious, and for Vajrayana and Mahayana thanks to Sukritact the Quite Gracious
  • Added support for Monks to Sejong's OP UA and the Statue of False Liberty
  • Added info about the beliefs of each State Religion to the Choose State Religion Popup - Yay Capitalism? :p
  • Should have fixed the issue where AI's that secularize adopt a State Religion (history isn't so kind!); if they secularize, they stay secularized.
  • Fixed an issue with the Pagan Festival events where they would never end. Also added a tooltip for them to the Faith/Piety top panel, showing you how long until they will end. Also extended each by 10 turns.

As I may want to release ItR before the Piety institutions (sans Papacy), I'll update Piety to fix a few issues now. Institutions are disabled and only partially functional. If you decide to disobey the threat of Lord Helix's smiting of you, and the back-up threat of a date with a Stunfisk doesn't put you off, then don't report any bugs to me regarding institutions!

I can confirm that, when enacting a piety-related decision (in this case it was founding/adoping a religion), it breaks my E&D. It seems to work fine for the AI though, as they secularise and have events normally. My error i said to disregard was from a secularizing bug, but i'm not sure why reinstalling fixed it.
Here's a handful of errors, there's a lot of them but i feel most are repeating.
Spoiler :

Code:
[38949.939] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (Piety) (v 4)\Piety\Lua\JFD_Piety_Decisions.lua:379: attempt to compare number with nil
[38949.939] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (Piety) (v 4)\Piety\Lua\Utilities\JFD_PietyUtils.lua:60: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)
[38949.939] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (Piety) (v 4)\Piety/Lua/JFD_Piety_Functions.lua:118: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)
[38949.939] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (Piety) (v 4)\Piety/Lua/JFD_Piety_Functions.lua:399: attempt to compare nil with number
[38950.002] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (Piety) (v 4)\Piety\Lua\UI\Overrides\ReligionOverview.lua:772: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)

Also, I got the mod from steam workshop.

I looked up the errors that you pointed out, tested them, and did what I could - adding some fail-safe checks where possible. Some errors I could not locate, as I've made too many changes to the file for the line to match; in this case, I'll have to wait until the issues are reported on the newer version, or I encounter them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom