Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using this with CPP and some other mods.
Every time I select a religion all my cities automatically adopt it. Same happens for all cities founded after the religion is adopted.

Is this part of the P&P mod?

\Skodkim

Do you mean every city is instantly converted? Because that's not intended. However, with positive piety, your cities will naturally convert to your religion.

Is it possible for other Civs to influence politics/reforms/rebellions within your empire? I suppose this extends to Exploration Continued, would it be possible to take assertive action to make a colony flip to your control (A coup or financing rebellions).

By existing reforms do you mean you mean the ones in your mod or irl?

That's a shame, especially since I don't think EUI is being actively updated these days.

EDIT: Also, will the Political Parties have a base set of names if custom civs do not have anything specific coded in? (Split into European, Asian, Middle East, African, American, and Polynesian base sets)

Wrong game :p

Ones in the mod.

Each Political Party/Faction does have a base name, of course, e.g. the Liberal, Conservative, etc.

Piety updated:

• City-States will no longer request the Temple of Heaven. Silly things.
  • Most Piety-based events will no longer fire after the Industrial Era.

Tested Secularization and there were no issues for me.

Do you mean every city is instantly converted? Because that's not intended. However, with positive piety, your cities will naturally convert to your religion.

Sorry. Thought it was instantaneous but it wasn't. I just happened really fast, e.g. in a few turns :)

\Skodkim

BTW, in my recent game, Sweden got a combat bonus from Defender of the faith... hopefully the update will fix that.

BTW, in my recent game, Sweden got a combat bonus from Defender of the faith... hopefully the update will fix that.

My Sweden? Karl Sweden? And why is that an issue? That's what Defender of the Faith does.

W.I.P. screenshot:

Spoiler :

It would be nice to have 8 Reforms per Branch on release (though there is truly no limit, 8 is how many reforms can fit before the scroll bar appears). Military is comparatively easy. One space as shown is reserved for the level of military involvement in politics (Stratocracy, Military Neutrality, etc.)/who controls the military (Head of State, Government, or Civilians), but the other is free, if anyone has any suggestions. I would like to fit in Capital Punishment if I may, but I'm not certain as to how that would translate mechanically.

So that you can see how the reforms work:
--Army and Navy/Airforce are budgets; they cost Gold Maintenance in exchange for Military Unit Production. Each category of reforms has two budgets.
--Investment similarly costs Gold Maintenance, but it increases the research rate of techs that unlock Units.
--Police increase or decrease unit maintenance in exchange for more or less City Defense.
--Conquests increase resistance of captured cities, but also increase either the production of Courthouses (Assimilation) or production in occupied and puppet cities in general (Vassalage).
--Recruitment either increases the starting XP of new units whilst increasing the cost to train or purchase units (Professional Army) or decreases the cost of purchasing units whilst increasing unit maintenance (Mercenary Army).

That. Looks. AWESOME.

Hi JFD

I think I've found a bug in you latest release. It's in the file Piety\Core\Piety_Institutions.sql, lines 56-84 (six instances).

It goes (example 1):
Code:
INSERT INTO Building_Flavors
		(BuildingType, 						FlavorType,				Flavor)
SELECT	('BUILDING_JFD_TEMPLE_OF_HEAVEN'),	('FLAVOR_WONDER'),		100
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM [B]Building_Flavors[/B] WHERE Type = 'JFD_PIETY_INSTITUTIONS_MANDATE' AND Value = 1);

And should (probably) go:

Code:
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM [B]JFD_GlobalUserSettings[/B] WHERE Type = 'JFD_PIETY_INSTITUTIONS_MANDATE' AND Value = 1);

\Skodkim

Wow. I can't wait to use it.
I think that another reform could be related to the strength to units, increasing the Maintenance but making units stronger.

Perhaps some form of a Total War reform could be in order. How much of your country dedicates to the war effort. Something like increased production for military for less growth or less production for non military.

I'll just chime in with everyone else and say that the UI looks fantastic - one question however, in previous shots of a similar UI there was a Spouse category (or something similar), what was the function of this?

Not complaining that it's been removed, as I'm happy enough to see Sovereignty coming closer to completion, just curious as to the intended purpose.

My Sweden? Karl Sweden? And why is that an issue? That's what Defender of the Faith does.

1. Yes.
2. Your majesty, Yar Skillz.
3. Doesn't that require founding a religious institution?
4. If no, then how you become fidei defensor(without making 50+ mods :mischief:).

Hi JFD

I think I've found a bug in you latest release. It's in the file Piety\Core\Piety_Institutions.sql, lines 56-84 (six instances).

It goes (example 1):
Code:
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM [B]Building_Flavors[/B] WHERE Type = 'JFD_PIETY_INSTITUTIONS_MANDATE' AND Value = 1);

And should (probably) go:

Code:
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM [B]JFD_GlobalUserSettings[/B] WHERE Type = 'JFD_PIETY_INSTITUTIONS_MANDATE' AND Value = 1);

\Skodkim

Gotcha, thanks.

1. Yes.
2. Your majesty, Yar Skillz.
3. Doesn't that require founding a religious institution?
4. If no, then how you become fidei defensor(without making 50+ mods :mischief:).

3. No. Foremost, the Defender of the Faith has been implemented yet. Second, it serves as a sort of 'mini-institution' which each religion can get.

I'll just chime in with everyone else and say that the UI looks fantastic - one question however, in previous shots of a similar UI there was a Spouse category (or something similar), what was the function of this?

Not complaining that it's been removed, as I'm happy enough to see Sovereignty coming closer to completion, just curious as to the intended purpose.

As you can see below, that part of the UI is still W.I.P. So whilst I've potentially discarded such a feature in the effort to streamline, it may yet return. So, as yet, it's too underdeveloped to really elaborate on.

But here are the Military and Religious reforms complete. Phew.

Spoiler :

This may have been already answered but as I just downloaded the CBP today I don't know if anyone has asked this. I like most of the way these two mods interact, but I don't like that your religious buildings are overwritten by the CBP. Can I change that one feature?

I have no earthly idea why this is happening, but for some reason after adopting a religion all of my Decisions disappear, even if the latest versions of Piety, E&D, and the Community Patch are the only mods installed. I don't know if it's a problem on my end or some rare bug that happens to hit me every game. Is there anything from my end you would need to see what exactly is going on?

Question JFD, is there going to be 'default' reforms for certain civilizations/cultures? Or is it going to be all the same form of government at the start to simulate primitive governments? Also, if one were to start at the Classical though Information eras, would it be set to a default type of government?

All 'Centrist' Reforms are active by default (they are those which have no effect); the exception are the three legitimicies, which determine your source of Prestige (other than the default three you begin with) as you go through the eras. All civilizations also just start with Tribes. However, there is Sargon's Palace to pop a government straight away.

Haven't given much thought to starting later - for the moment, I won't make any changes, and it'll be something people can test.

This may have been already answered but as I just downloaded the CBP today I don't know if anyone has asked this. I like most of the way these two mods interact, but I don't like that your religious buildings are overwritten by the CBP. Can I change that one feature?

CBP normally allows you to switch certain features off, including Policy, Leader, and Unit changes. I would imagine the same is the case for beliefs, so you could see if that's true.

I have no earthly idea why this is happening, but for some reason after adopting a religion all of my Decisions disappear, even if the latest versions of Piety, E&D, and the Community Patch are the only mods installed. I don't know if it's a problem on my end or some rare bug that happens to hit me every game. Is there anything from my end you would need to see what exactly is going on?

Your lua log following this would be excellent. You can find more info on logs here.

How exactly do the legitimatcies allow you to generate prestige? Or is that a surprise?

Hm, well, I won't say what they do, but I will say what they are.

There are 9 forms of Legitimacy; they are (Government) Reforms which you may switch between. The first set, available as soon as you form a Govt., are Might, Wisdom, and Wealth. On top of these, from the Renaissance, are Divine Right, Law, and Charisma. Finally, there are, from the Modern Era, Popularity, Tradition, and Security. Save for taking Tradition, which allows the previous two choices to remain active simultaneously, your choice is not accumulative. How much Sovereignty they give is based upon your voting franchise (Landed or Universal) - though they give a base amount if neither. And, of course, Decisions and Events will exist to supplement your Sovereignty if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom