1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD's Rise to Power

Rise to Power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

2. DarkScythe

DarkScythe Hunkalicious Holo

Okay, let me know if you need me to look it over (ping me via PM or Steam if I stop checking this thread.)

Otherwise, I really need to breathe some life back into my mods.. haha.

Good luck!

3. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Good Luck! The stability of ItRD is also what I most hope for!

4. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Yeah.... The save window won't open. Again.

5. DarkScythe

Likely wouldn't be an issue with P&P, I don't think, since it worked fine for me the last time I tested it post-JFD's-TSL-fix. Ensure that you've only got P&P running if you are able to reproduce it, but if not, re-enable your mods one by one until you find the one that causes the issue.

6. Natan35

I think its related it the CP, but I can't really test that.

7. DarkScythe

Did CP get updated in the last 3 days? It's a required mod to run P&P, so the last time I tested, I had CP, E&D, and P&P active and I didn't see any issues. Otherwise, I don't keep up with that patch.

As well, if you think it's a CP issue.. why not post in a CP thread?

8. Natan35

1. I can't really confirm that as I a said before, and
    2. I kinda feel like Gazebo ignores my(I don't think its on purpose though).

It did get updated at the 20th, BTW.

9. DarkScythe

Well, it shouldn't be too difficult to confirm -- simply deselect mods until you have just the requisite mods and see if it causes the same issue, then re-add mods one at a time until you run into it again. Whatever was the last mod you re-added when the issue appears again is usually a likely culprit.

I can't speak for Gazebo, JFD, nor anyone else, but comments that simply say "It's broken" generally aren't very useful to us as developers, since there can be a lot of things moving in the code.

I just ran a quick test for you, by grabbing the 8-20 version of CP off the forum thread (it still says v66 in-game, so I don't know) along with the latest version of P&P and E&D, and fired them up alongside VV's Leanbox and Madoka Civs.

I seem to have no problem getting the Save Game window to open for me here. Unless you're running into it under a specific circumstance, all I've done is load the game, and go to the Menu and hit 'Save Game' even before founding a City.

Logs also show no issues:
    Code:
     JFD_Piety_Functions: Processing data for save operation into savegame database.
     JFD_Piety_Functions: Table save #1 for 'HDNMod' initiated from TSL Master.
     JFD_Piety_Functions: TableSave time: 0.027000000000015, inserts: 5, deletes: 0, updates: 0, unchanged: 8, checksum: 329
     JFD_Piety_Functions: Table save #2 for 'PMMMConversion' initiated from TSL Master.
     JFD_Piety_Functions: TableSave time: 0, inserts: 0, deletes: 0, updates: 0, unchanged: 276, checksum: 6784
     JFD_Piety_Functions: Table save #3 for 'JFD_PietySovereignty' initiated from TSL Master.
     JFD_Piety_Functions: TableSave time: 0, inserts: 0, deletes: 0, updates: 0, unchanged: 23, checksum: 437
    I suspect your issue lies elsewhere.

Unrelated, but I imagine one of these mods has removed the 'Load Game' option from the menu. That is annoying.

10. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

Yeah, this is the CP, I think Gazebo said it was because some of the mods in the CBP could break if not loaded in the correct fashion. I could be wrong though.

11. Natan35

I use mainly JFD's and more civs' mods.I use info addict and EUI, BTW.

(Thanks for the test, as well)

12. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Like TranquilSilence says, this comes from the CP. You can easily undo this change, however, all you need to do is go into the mod CP mod folder, and then the lua folder, and then open the GameMenu.lua file, and search for the following line:

Code:
    function OnShowHide( isHide, isInit )

local bDisableQuickSave = false;
    	-- CBP EDIT
    	[b]local bHideLoadGameOption = true;[/b]
    	-- END
    	local bHideSaveGameOption = false;
    Change "true" to "false" in the bolded line and save file, and load button is back. Voila! :beer:

13. Natan35

I erased the LUA folder, as it makes the mod incompatible with EUI.

14. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

15. DarkScythe

Haha, thanks, guys. I figured it was CP, since it was about the only thing I don't normally play with. I probably would have figured out how to fix that if I wanted to put in the effort, but as it was only for a quick test of JFD's P&P, I didn't bother, and promptly removed it after I finished my testing.

No problem, but... If you're modifying these mods in such drastic ways without knowing what it is you're actually doing, then of course you're going to run into random and unexpected issues that no one else has. If any mod was meant to work without their Lua files, then they wouldn't come with Lua files to begin with.

16. Natan35

Those are Gazebo's instructions for using the CP with EUI. He said its "only interface".

17. Buildkirbyus

Buildkirbyus Trainee Modder

You really don't seem to know what you're doing Natan, do you?
    Good to see an update to Piety and progress on Prestige Sovereignty! What i'm wondering is that if you need any more ideas/suggestions for certain reforms or mechanics.

18. JimBobV

JimBobV Warlord

I haven't really been keeping up with this mod, but what happened to the prestige part and when will institutions be implemented? Sorry that it's unhelpful, I've just been having a lot of fun with this mod and would rather not wade through loads of pages just to find an answer.

19. Buildkirbyus

Buildkirbyus Trainee Modder

From what I heard- Prestige had been renamed to Sovereignty, it still holds the same mechanics, just under a different name. As for institutions, they are implemented but are VERY experimental and works in progress.

Correct me if i'm wrong on any of this JFD...

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Not particularly. But I am still developing the system at heart. I'm presently circling back to the original notion of Sovereignty being not something you spent akin to Culture, but rather something you required at a minimum.

In this way, it would basically serve as Loyalty from ExCE (which was to be supplanted by Sovereignty anyway), and it would be analogous to Rhye and Fall's Stability and, to a lesser extent, Civ V's Happiness. Each city, and the empire as a whole, would have a Sovereignty percentage which reflected how much control you could, conceptually, exert over that city and over your empire. Instead of Sov. being an accumulated yield, then, it would be a static calculation of several independent factors; for instance, a connection to the Capital, a Magistrates Court, and a military garrison might each contribute 10% Sovereignty over that city. In a way, I suppose it is similar to CBP's Happiness system, which I find conceptually appealing, even if let down by being entangled with the rest of the CBP. Your Empire's Sovereignty - which would be the kind to affect your ability to implement Reforms - would then be calculated from your cities.

There are a few benefits to this over the old system (of Sovereignty be expended for Reforms like Culture for Policies). Conceptually, it is a bit more palatable - Sovereignty is a measurement of one's actual, rather than claimed or perceived, authority, and so expending it has always sit poorly with me. Mechanically, it means that the yield does not compete for your attention like Culture or Piety, but merely guides it, and, perhaps in this way, is more strategically conducive. Finally, this works especially well with ExCE's eventual Colonies, with Sov. slipping seamlessly into the position of Loyalty. And for flavour purposes, the difference between Sovereignty and No Sovereignty could be Corruption.

Of course, that being said, the old mechanic still benefits from following a familiar pattern, as well as ensuring that Sovereignty remains important throughout the game. The above also does not immediately inspire how one would initially form a government, which is otherwise a Decision that requires 100% Sovereignty.

Suffice to say, development has ground to a halt whilst I decide upon this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.