1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD's Rise to Power

Rise to Power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

2. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Any chance to get a notification when the piety level is about to drop? I just can't enact the decision in the right time... :p

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

4. Hypereon

Hypereon He was a Consul of Rome!

So, come forth, ultra-nationalistic inquisitional hinduist theocracy, for a while then! :p
    (It's quite hard now, though, as I don't have even my holy city religious anymore, so I strongly support fixing that :D)

Uhh, and I think this deconverting thing doesn't read anywhere... maybe it should be clearer in the tooltip that cities are becoming irreligious, not just converting more slowly?

Edit: no hurries for this by me. Meantime, I added that in the code myself (hope that doesn't bother ;)).

5. Eveljin

Eveljin Chieftain

So I've tested the latest update in the hope that the bug about historical era was fixed. At first everything seemed to work. Piety existed, Ai created a religion, and it was still on. So I got a great prophet created my religion. (Romes Imperial Cult could not be chosen but i assum that it has not support yet) Piety still works but something was wrong. I got minus 3 each turn. It said that I do not follow my state religion which was strange when I founded the second religion for just a few turns ago. Then went into the Events and Decisions to change my state religion. It was not working. completely empty. Began to do some experiments, maybe if ai creates before me. Nope. Maybe if I turn off all the mods that are not needed. Nope. So my guess is that the fault lies in one of these three mods. (CP, E & D or Piety)

6. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

It's listed under the active effects in the Piety tooltip, which I think is fair warning :p

It's unlikely that there is an inherent fault in these mods, as I have absolutely no trouble. Try deleting your cache before your next game.

7. JimBobV

JimBobV Warlord

I've encountered an odd bug in my current game in which the AI's will found a religion and everything will go about fine, but they all flat-out refuse to found a state religion. All the religions have been taken and they're still pagan. I don't have any mods turned on that effect AI before(Besides the community patch) so I really don't know what could cause them to just skip over it.
    E: Also forgot to mention that it was working fine in a different game with the same mods installed, and decided to randomly stop working now.

8. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

I have no other mods messing with ReligionOverview.lua/xml besides Community Patch (support enabled), yet Religion Overview simply disappears from UI if I use P&P and CP.

To be honest I'll disable P&P till some major update because currently Religious Institutions don't work anyway and there are weird bugs and I'm not in the mood of testing mods and finding bugs mid-game :D Also balance changes of P&P don't matter for me as I use CBP anyway.

BTW, wikia doesn't say anything about changed buildings/wonders/civilisations/social policies.

9. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

There's a fix for that, check the Community Patch section.

Edit: There used to be...........

Edit Edit: This might be the cause of the issue:
    Code:
    [483922.062] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Sovereignty (Piety) (v 5)\Piety\Lua\UI\Overrides\ReligionOverview.lua:245: attempt to index field 'ReligionMap' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Sovereignty (Piety) (v 5)\Piety\Lua\UI\Overrides\ReligionOverview.lua:245: in main chunk
    	=[C]: ?
    [483922.062] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Sovereignty (Piety) (v 5)\Piety\Lua\UI\Overrides\ReligionOverview.lua.

10. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

With everything else that's going on (BotN, World Wars Revised) and the standard set of projects on the list, how much is left for Sovereignty before it's in a ready to release state? Still pretty amped from all those beta Reform pictures you put out a month ago.

11. tmxk2012917

tmxk2012917 Prince

I enacted the secular state decision, then all the decisions disappeared......

12. Buildkirbyus

Buildkirbyus Trainee Modder

This is becoming a common problem- but JFD can only help you if you enable logging.
    Post your Lua log so JFD can analyze it.
    Also- make sure all the required mods and Piety are updated to the latest version- NOT from Steam Workshop.
    Make sure to use spoilers

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I've fallen a tad behind in my studies, so to prevent that from happening, I'll be postponing work on Sovereignty until at least my next break (November). As for its state, I still have to figure out how the system works, and then I must still give Reforms themselves their effects. It's also preferable that I release Colonies+Tribes update for ExCE, as certainly the former interacts with reforms. At least it's in such a state that I now can start adding support for my civs, so it's certainly getting there.

As Buildkirbyus says, I'm fairly blind without any technical information.

14. SuperWaffle247

SuperWaffle247 Secretary General

Just taking a peek at the Master Support File makes me super excited for Sovereignty...

Good luck with your studies however - I am certain that we'll wait patiently.

15. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Yes, lots of luck! (But hopefully more skill xD)

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

As a Political Science major, my studies can only help my Sovereignty mod. And as a soon-to-be Religious Studies minor (for variety), it can only help Piety. And, finally, as a Media Studies major, my modding can only provide substance for when it comes to digital media. It all comes pleasantly full-circle :p

17. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Meanwhile, I have no degree - so I can work on art for every mod imaginable. :p

18. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Wooooow! you study political science? Lucky you... :cry:

@Jan- what? No degree? Well I guess you're just skilled than.

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

20. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

I don't suppose the next update to piety would include those new beliefs in the balance section that have been teasing us?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.