1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD's Rise to Power

Rise to Power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

HR seems to have been causing problems for everyone :(

I'll make sure to cross check the references better in the future.

2. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Thanks - I'll fix these.

Hm, what about your mod list then?

A bit of a continuation to my Imperial Announcement:

I've now decided that Prosperity will form a part of Piety & Sovereignty (so I'll come up with a CID-esque name), as all three require the Top Panel and concern state-wide concepts. Trade I'm more than likely going to ditch (again). Trade I've still been struggling to formulate, and, moreoever, cannot get beyond the potential overlap with Sovereignty's Reforms, and I only ever really wanted to try and do it because otherwise Prosperity wouldn't have a home (it doesn't really stand on its own). However, I've since conceived of an emigration system that works well with the rest of Prosperity, in that it doesn't discriminate against low Prosperity, so Prosperity has a bit more support to stand on. Suffice to say, this will speed up Prosperity's, and consequential Sovereignty's, completion. This also means no one has to worry about updating the DTP anymore :D (it automatically shuts down with Piety, but I was otherwise going to need it to shut down with Prosperity).

3. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Listing out even all of my civilizations would be a nightmare (as that's where the trouble mod is located at this point). I'm just enabling a few at a time when I have free time. I'm at that weird part of bug testing where I'm disappointed when the game doesn't crash and goes through loading all the mods.

4. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Found the culprit. It's Akhenaten. Unless he doesn't play nicely with Bhutan or Putin for whatever reason, then it's Piety or the Community Patch that's messing him (and the game) up.

5. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

How about prosperity and Mercs. Forming one mod? It could be named "Financial Expansion" or something, they both have to do with gold...

6. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

BTW, there are now two beliefs called Evangelism - one's the vanilla Reformation belief, and the other's your Enhancer belief. Might want to rename one...

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Ugh, Firaxis.

That was the plan before, however, I honestly prefer to keep components that modify the same files together - i.e. city based stuff together as they modify the City View, state-level stuff together as they modify the Top Panel. That way I don't need to keep multiple versions and risk running into trouble. Mercenaries - and ExCE and CulDiv - can enjoy special autonomous status :p

That's surprising! There are no references to Akhenaten in Piety, and it certainly didn't crash when I tested it. Hopefully the eventually Akhenaten update will randomly fix it.

8. Chrisy15

I'm not quite sure we can pin this one on Firaxis - they did kinda have dibs

9. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Well I just tried something, and now it seems he's not crashing the game anymore. I deleted his reference in HR's modinfo. I don't think he referenced HR. I think me gutting out his built-in Atenism made HR freak out? But I'm pretty sure I updated HR to the most recent version in the game before the new Piety update hit. Oh well, things are always a mystery with how my mods work.

Edit: Nri crashed the game as well, and I didn't touch Odinani. Deleting HR referencing it fixed things. Maybe HR is the true culprit after all?

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

11. DaNuke

DaNuke Warlord

Hey! I wanted to ask something, is the mod compatible with Cultural Capitals?
    And I wanted to congratulate you, I have tons of your mods and I think that you are awesome!

12. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

He added it in and I saw some code that's supposed to override your versions with his versions. I'm pretty sure I had HR at ver 28 in my last game and this problem didn't happen.

13. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

HR Complete has both Odinani and Aten. Both were also added several versions ago (so if it was working with HR 28 nothing's changed since, or even before, then).

Doing a quick test:

HRC + Piety, works fine
    HRC + Nri / Egypt, works fine
    Piety + Nri / Egypt, works fine

BUT

HRC + Piety + Nri / Egypt crashes the game.

I'll look into it more tomorrow.

14. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Okay, try it with HRC v 30 that I just uploaded.

15. MasterEcabob

MasterEcabob Warlord

So when I try to download this from the first page I get a 404 error. I tried the steam version, but that one has never been as reliable for me and it isn't cooperating with the CBP. Really looking forward to trying this mod out again.

16. Chrisy15

Link from his signature - seems to work.

17. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

No crashes now

18. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin Warlord

So I updated and the entire top panel is busted.

Also I can walk on mountains...?

Spoiler :

19. shader301202

shader301202 A Pole

I have still this bug:
    Spoiler :

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Lua log plz. Also, any mods you use that modify the Top Panel?

This is a CP thing.

See my CID reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.