1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD's Rise to Power

Rise to Power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin Warlord

I don't believe so. I'm sure it's some mod that Steam hasn't reminded me to update, or maybe it's the community patch? I could've sworn I just updated it though.

Here's that View attachment Ragamuffin's Lua Log.zip

2. MasterEcabob

MasterEcabob Warlord

I've been trying to run the most recent version of Piety, but whenever I select it (along with the CP and CBP) the game hangs up on the configure game data screen. I can get it to play with an older version of the mod, but for some reason this one doesn't work. Sorry to bother you!

3. DaNuke

DaNuke Warlord

I want to know if someone can help me here? Please?
    I download the newest versions of P&P and CiD from JFD, but when I start playing, it all goes fine, till turn 110/150 and then the game crashes. Can someone give me a hand in knowing what is happening?

4. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

What other mods are you trying to run (other than CP and CBP)?

Other mods? I have not once experienced a CTD with the latest versions of both, so there are three possibilities: Your system can't handle the extra processing, you're running other mods which are causing instability, either in combination or by themselves, or there is a human factor that I can't account for. Though I'll grant that it's been several versions of the CP since I last did my testing, so the fourth possibility is the CP is experiencing some instabilities, but I doubt that.

Please try disabling the Turks (Mehmed II) and let me know if that fixes the problem.

6. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin Warlord

It fixed the problem with the top bar. I can still walk over Mountains like hills though, even founded a city on one. I don't take any damage if I end my turn on it though.

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

8. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

I was having this issue until I began disabling a bunch of mods, so it seems to be an issue with how some mod interacts with the CP rather than the Patch itself.

Sorry I can't be more specific in terms of which mod, for those having the issue. Trial and error would probably be the best solution.

9. SamuraiOutcast

SamuraiOutcast Grand Duke

So when did you rename it to 'Right to Rule' JFD?

I'd just like to say I haven't had any problems with the most recent Piety installation :)

10. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Well, IMO, Piety & Prestige is the ever best name…

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Yes, alliteration is fun. But Right to Rule fits my expanding needs as CID does, too. Especialy if I ever decide Prestige has a place as separate from Sovereignty (because everytime I have those "X or Nothing" events it's because I'm missing Prestige!)
    Hey, but Right to Rule is also alliteration.

When the Professor said to me:

"Frederick, I am famished. Stop your mouthing and feed me," I realized the fourfold path to Legitimacy was: Piety, Prosperity, Sovereignty, and Prestige.

That's great to hear :D I'll throw out a small update soon-ish which fixes some very minor issues, before I seal Piety up into Right to Rule and begin incorporating Prosperity and Sovereignty into the thing. That way, I can torture Kesler the next time he betrays me :p

12. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

JFD confirmed for being Frederick the Great. :D

13. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Too bad Piety and Prestige became a very good and strong brand name. Right to Rule sounds like Reform and Rule, leading to a very possible confusion of the two vastly different mods.

Two pennies from a design/branding standpoint. :p

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

The value of your pennies deflated when you said Ugh :p If you have a better name, go ahead, but this encompasses the concept perfectly, which is what matters to me more than any branding.

15. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

Quick!

Better enact some Prosperity boosting reform! :p

16. Hypereon

Hypereon He was a Consul of Rome!

It's but one name the Emperor carries when he occasionally descends from his throne to wander amongst his mortal subjects unidentified.

But yeah, I also am concerned with the possible Reform and / Right to Rule confusion... Though, if that encompasses the content perfectly, I have nothing against it.

17. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Sovereignty sounds a not more fit for this mod... "Right to rule" is sorta weird concept in a game where, well, everyone has it.

(Though the mod actually limits it, making the name a bit paradoxical)

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Rule ~= right to rule. The mod doesn't limit this right, it just ensures you deserve it.

If Sovereignty is your capacity to rule, then Prosperity, Piety, and Prestige each reflect claims to this rule (which is otherwise characterized by might makes right, which becomes untenable as civilizations develop), analogous to the Sov. Legitimacy Reforms: Divine Right, Wealth, and Popularity, which are designed (or will be) to synchronize these systems with Govt. Together, these concepts compose your right to rule (1 part efficacy, 10 million parts rhetoric is my professional formula :p).

What would remain are ways in which to reflect the other Legitimacies: Security, Wisdom, and Tradition. However, I feel Security is probably just going to be a more sophisticated manifestation of Might, Wisdom is Science and Science is OP, and Tradition is just Weberian propaganda so is basically a throwaway Legitimacy that has no actual meaning.

Point is, all these are concepts used to justify rulership, in order to mask the brutish reality that Gandhi always wins in the end. Thus: Right to Rule.

Of course, if Kesler has any objections, then maybe I'll change it :p It's not set in stone (re: haven't asked Moderator to change the thread yet).

19. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Since when have I become the Empires Judas?

Ah, alliteration, my old friend... from where I'm standing (sitting), Right to Rule makes a great deal of sense as an umbrella name for all of the new components now(I swear, every two months you come up with a new components, thus ensuring the Greece Split will be out before Sov.)

From a branding standpoint, Reform and Rule also sounds very similar, and no doubt steam users people will be confused. At the same time, eh, tough for them :p If we where really worried about the similar names, I say change the name to Reform and Rule. From what I know about this mystery social policy overhaul mod, Reforms makes sense, while the "and rule" is kind of unnecessary. If you want to keep alliteration, maybe throw Regime in there instead :p or Reforms Continued Expanded ;)

When were those days again?

Fixed.

20. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Those were the last vestiges of my feelings speaking in the midst of an unending torrent of art requests. :p (it gets annoying, if I might voice my opinion - especially when I didn't have the time to fulfil all the other ones yet)

Best name is Piety and Prestige, obviously, as it has transcended the contents of the mod itself and became a brand and a quick to understand memetic sort of thing. If anything I'd advise dropping the "Rule" from the title, or rearrange it somehow, as it really is confusing with "Reform and Rule".

Maybe the name could be "The Rights of Me" (or "The Rights of One" - both ruler and God), as a play on the "rights of man", and an indirect quote of Voltaire/Louis XIV at the same time! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.