Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't think Right to Rule is memorable enough; perhaps an alternative could be "Gods, Governments and Glory"? (That's what it is, isn't it: Religion, Governments and whatever Prestige is these days?)

I personally don't think Right to Rule is memorable enough; perhaps an alternative could be "Gods, Governments and Glory"? (That's what it is, isn't it: Religion, Governments and whatever Prestige is these days?)

Ooh. I don't mind Right to Rule, but Gods, Governments and Glory is excellent.

Does the declare repentance decision only appear once?

I vote for 3G (Gods, Goverments & Glory).

Those were the last vestiges of my feelings speaking in the midst of an unending torrent of art requests. :p (it gets annoying, if I might voice my opinion - especially when I didn't have the time to fulfil all the other ones yet)

Best name is Piety and Prestige, obviously, as it has transcended the contents of the mod itself and became a brand and a quick to understand memetic sort of thing. If anything I'd advise dropping the "Rule" from the title, or rearrange it somehow, as it really is confusing with "Reform and Rule".

Maybe the name could be "The Rights of Me" (or "The Rights of One" - both ruler and God), as a play on the "rights of man", and an indirect quote of Voltaire/Louis XIV at the same time! :lol:

Ugh is not an effective way of communicating that.

Me is just... object pronoun in a title? :eek: And One is limiting rulership to monarchy, Godship to monotheism, and indeed God's rights do not exist outside of the rights of the highest sovereign.

I'd agree with alliterations... GGG, CCC. Those are fun, catchy titles. CulDiv and ExCE got ingrained into our minds, but CiD... eh. Maybe it will over time. :p But RtR to me sounds like Road to Rome (good old AoE days)

Seriously, I don't care about a catchy name, or a brand, or any of that. I care about representing a concept and I care about what's convenient to my needs. CCC and GGG restricts me to reflect each element to the title.

See above. Gods could reflect Piety, but is fundamentally missing the point. Glory reflects Prestige well enough, but that puts more emphasis on a mechanic that I'm not certain will make a re-appearance. And there's no reference to Prosperity, or future additions (God forbid).

A different title is certainly on the cards, however, it cannot refer to specific parts of the mod, and it must reflect what is essentially the Hobbesian social contract in mod form.

I vote for 3G (Gods, Goverments & Glory).

Vote? What is this vote? Can you tax it?

Does the declare repentance decision only appear once?

It is only enactable once, otherwise it'd be too easy to arouse the displeasure of Luther combat low Piety with it.

Since when have I become the Empires Judas?

Ah, alliteration, my old friend... from where I'm standing (sitting), Right to Rule makes a great deal of sense as an umbrella name for all of the new components now(I swear, every two months you come up with a new components, thus ensuring the Greece Split will be out before Sov.)

From a branding standpoint, Reform and Rule also sounds very similar, and no doubt steam users people will be confused. At the same time, eh, tough for them :p If we where really worried about the similar names, I say change the name to Reform and Rule. From what I know about this mystery social policy overhaul mod, Reforms makes sense, while the "and rule" is kind of unnecessary. If you want to keep alliteration, maybe throw Regime in there instead :p or Reforms Continued Expanded ;)

When were those days again?

Fixed.

Rights & Reforms? :rolleyes: R&R :p

Concerning the problem with new great people: is it possible to turn this bug into a feature? Because the new great people increase the points needed for any of them (because of some great people changes in BNW) could some coding magic be done so that great people are paired up with one other great person? Rather than having 4 affecting each other, it would be groups of 2, and you could make some interesting gameplay twist out of it.

I downloaded the latest CP, and I cannot activate this mod (It is blocked by another mod - it says). When I disable CP, it says the component is missing.

EDIT:

OKI, clearing the cache helped.

Piety and sovereignty are gods and kings... :p

Though I imagine it could be named "Devotion and Legitimacy"(DaL) or "Glory of Lords"(GoL). Or maybe... Dieu et mon druit(DeMD)? I'd imagine the last fits the most, actually...

Piety and sovereignty are gods and kings... :p

Though I imagine it could be named "Devotion and Legitimacy"(DaL) or "Glory of Lords"(GoL). Or maybe... Dieu et mon druit(DeMD)? I'd imagine the last fits the most, actually...

Nope.

Devotion == Legitimacy. Dieu et mon druit is an awesome idea, and does fit really well :p But I'm reluctant to use non-English phrases.

Where's WHoward when you need him (probably doing more Firaxis interviews :3 )

I don't think the Lord God Whoward could do anything anyway, if Pope Gazebo couldn't.
*don't smite me LGW*

Cooking minigames in civ? Only his Modjesty could create such a wonder!

Oh dear. Sir Zwei has uncovered my imperial secret recipe - the hybrid fish-chicken dish with curry and sour cream dipping.
*Oprichnikis will have to dispose of him before he reveals the recipe to the common folk*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom