Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok! I've just noticed the huge, snorlaxian problem here. If you've been getting the latest version of the CP from the link in the OP, then you're getting the wrong version. What you need is the latest beta. I thought they were the same - sorry!!! Please, you cannot use earlier versions of the CP Please also note that you still cannot use CBP's EUI files.
EDIT: Actually, it seems like CBP EUI files work now, if you installed CBP EUI from the installer (whoward knows why they're still there). Please try and report back (please try without CID first).

Will turn to see how this has affected CID now, but this'll take a bit more time.

So basically, just install CBP EUI as normal, and install CID as normal, but don't use the CID EUI files? That seems to be working.

Yes.

Your modjesty, get rekt :joke:

BTW, when (approximately) will sovereignty be released?
(Not to pressure you, I'm asking since usually the release of a new mechanic is followed by a week of daily updates)

You know, I do have serious issues with anxiety, so you keep poking fun, and I'm just going to stop releasing updates to immediately address bugs.

I said to a much nicer person a page back that I was aiming for, at latest, a June release.

Here's an update to fix for the Feb 13th beta.

I am really sorry for this!

There's really no need to apologize. With so many different configurations and the tremendous number of projects you have going, conflicts are basically inevitable. Honestly, I'm amazed this sort of thing isn't happening 100% of the time all things considered. Not to mention the speed at which you and Gazebo respond to these things. As a random comparison: Blizzard with their professional dev team STILL has yet to fix countless issues with the 2.4 patch to Diablo 3, and that was released over a month ago AFTER a long period of PTR where many of these things were frequently reported.

There's really no need to apologize. With so many different configurations and the tremendous number of projects you have going, conflicts are basically inevitable. Honestly, I'm amazed this sort of thing isn't happening 100% of the time all things considered. Not to mention the speed at which you and Gazebo respond to these things. As a random comparison: Blizzard with their professional dev team STILL has yet to fix countless issues with the 2.4 patch to Diablo 3, and that was released over a month ago AFTER a long period of PTR where many of these things were frequently reported.

That's a benefit of being your own boss and have a freedom to chose when and to what to respond. Do you think, that devs, who shed blood and tears (and I am talking about devs not all kinds of managers), don't want to respond to countless comments and user feedback ?

Guess, again they want but their lips are sealed by the contract they signed, whatever they do say are the words put directly in their mouth, trust me I felt that on my skin and I didn't it like it at all, thankfully I earned a nice sum and it was part-time not full- time contract.

You could interrupted like that, I guess so :)

Although, my point was he shouldn't blame Blizzard's developers team for the lack of respond because someone else is pulling strings.

Appreciate the sentiment :)

Sure did :D And I'm not even sure I made any progress, except in knowing that CBP EUI + CID EUI don't mix because CBP EUI is (or appears, but I'm possibly giving too much benefit of the doubt to His Codeliness) several versions of EUI older. Personally, I would stick with the vanilla EUI for the Top Panel and Mercenaries/E&D, etc. button things, but just use CID's base files (requiring no extra install) - those have merged in all of CBP's vanilla UI changes anyway.

It's just a shame that the one thing from EUI (or rather CBP's EUI, I guess) that I find indisposable are the things that provide you with the biggest problems right now. I absolutely hate the "default" city view, specifically the production part of it, for how convoluted everything about it is and that border range + yields indicator on settlers and similar units is just so damn convenient to me. Thanks for your continued effort to properly make everything work with this PitA though, you're doing a great job. :D

That said, I am not exactly sure what you did with that last update. So the RtP EUI stuff is working more or less properly with EUI now (either official or CBP), but CiD continues to have problems that you're not sure what to do about, so we should NOT use those EUI files? Is this correct?

Edit: Wow, in the time I was writing this, all this talking happened. Question answered!

Edit2: So I did this, RtP EUI stuff + normal CiD stuff, and while it seems to work so far, my end turn button says "Choose a Government" instead. Double-checked to see if Sovereignty was on or something and it doesn't appear to be, in the config at least? Not really a problem, it's still fine, just kind of funny.

Edit3: Talked too soon, mouseover on units, buildings, wonders and improvements throws these errors:
Code:
[543865.006] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Mir Teiwaz\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 14)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechButtonInclude.lua:243: attempt to call upvalue 'GetHelpTextForBuilding' (a nil value)
[543865.661] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Mir Teiwaz\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 14)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechButtonInclude.lua:279: attempt to call upvalue 'GetHelpTextForImprovement' (a nil value)
[543866.379] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Mir Teiwaz\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 14)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechButtonInclude.lua:232: attempt to call upvalue 'GetHelpTextForUnit' (a nil value)
The other tooltips work fine, like yield upgrades, tree chopping, embarking, etc.

Nope. If you're using the latest beta, from February 13th, it would appear that we can forget this whole debacle, as everything is working as it was before these latest major updates. At least, I can no longer recreate the severe issues between CBP EUI + CID/RtP EUI with the Feb. 13th beta. I'm currently testing all combinations with CID, then I'll make the post on CID's thread.

The last update (to v15) just undid the changes I made in v14, which were done under the pretense that there was some discrepency between CBP EUI and EUI, when in fact there's not.

If anyone still gets issues, let's start over with your Lua logs.

Hm, is that the case? Let me reinstall these mods then to make double-sure that there isn't anything outdated on my end. I'll report back in this post with RtP + CiD EUI files and the latest CBP + EUI beta. Or should I do so in the CiD thread, since that seems to be the potential problem at this point?

The tech button error from my other post still persists in RtP v15. Latest CBP + EUI beta, made sure to redownload it. I'll copy the error again just to make sure.

Code:
[545244.195] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Mir Teiwaz\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 15)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechButtonInclude.lua:244: attempt to call upvalue 'GetHelpTextForBuilding' (a nil value)
[545245.412] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Mir Teiwaz\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 15)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechButtonInclude.lua:280: attempt to call upvalue 'GetHelpTextForImprovement' (a nil value)
[545248.282] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Mir Teiwaz\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 15)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechButtonInclude.lua:233: attempt to call upvalue 'GetHelpTextForUnit' (a nil value)
Happens only for those three things, improvements, buildings/wonders and units. Everything else works as intended and even then all that happens is that you get the new list tooltip of unlocks from that tech on mouseover and those errors in your log.

Edit: I did want to also note that you do have a EUI file for TechButtonInclude.lua in CiD as well, how come that one isn't a problem? Does it turn off with CBP or something?

RtP takes priority over CID, so any same files will be loaded from RtP instead of CID. CID would cause this same error if used alone. Sorry for yet another update, but this issue can be directly attributed to my mix-up with the CBP's files. v16. I think that is surely the last issue. *crosses fingers*

I mean, everything else seems to work just fine in v15 aside from that tech button stuff and a loyalty problem that might be me misunderstanding something about the changes you did to it. But that's also CiD, so I'll report back there if I notice something else about it. :D

Hey JFD, I was playing a game earlier and the city screen was broken. I checked my logs and I found this error repeated a bunch of times: [4219.843] TechTree: C:\Users\pedro\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 14)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\TechButtonInclude.lua:414: Cannot find key - VassalageTradingAllowed. Any idea what's causing it?

I'm having an issue with claims (it's part of RtP now, right?)
Basically, I can never make a strong claim, no matter what.

Spoiler :

No strong claims for me!
Any idea what the issue might be? (because I have none :p)

Ok! I've just noticed the huge, snorlaxian problem here. If you've been getting the latest version of the CP from the link in the OP, then you're getting the wrong version. What you need is the latest beta. I thought they were the same - sorry!!! Please, you cannot use earlier versions of the CP Please also note that you still cannot use CBP's EUI files.
EDIT: Actually, it seems like CBP EUI files work now, if you installed CBP EUI from the installer (whoward knows why they're still there). Please try and report back (please try without CID first).

Will turn to see how this has affected CID now, but this'll take a bit more time.

Yes.

You know, I do have serious issues with anxiety, so you keep poking fun, and I'm just going to stop releasing updates to immediately address bugs.

I said to a much nicer person a page back that I was aiming for, at latest, a June release.

Here's an update to fix for the Feb 13th beta.

I am really sorry for this!

I used the joke emoji. I only did that to make sure that people will understand my intention, which clearly wasn't offending you in any way, shape or form.
Since nearly every time I directly react to you I end up apologizing, I might as well stop doing that. Its not like I'm interested in making people bad with themselves, even though that's pretty much how they made me feel.
But I didn't bother sharing my feelings. I didn't think anyone on the (open) internet would care...
But that doesn't mean that I don't care. Which is why that emoji was there in the first place, and that's why I'm writing this post.

Just wanted to say that after getting everything working, I'm really enjoying the new epitaph system! So far, I've gotten two different ones through events, and I've noticed the AIs are getting them too, which is awesome. Both the events had me make some pretty hard choices between GA points, resistance, and yields, along with the obvious flavor text like with executing an innocent man.

If this is just a small taste of what sov is going to be like, I am definitely looking forward to the its eventual release!

Haven't looked into the new epithets much yet (I'm excited to, though!), but while messing with IGE I managed to get the Explorer epithet, but it said it would give +1 production from manufactories... Is this intentional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom