JFD's Sovereignty for VP

Unfortunately, this mod still doesn't work, but analyzing my lua log I found something that could be helpful

[12252.781] Runtime Error: \Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Sovereignty for VP (v 13)\Lua/JFD_Sovereignty_Functions.lua:611: table index is nil
[12252.781] Runtime Error:\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Sovereignty for VP (v 13)\Lua/JFD_Sovereignty_Functions.lua.
[12253.171] JFD_Sovereignty_GovernmentOverview: reformID is nil!

And that 611 line to the Function is this: (I'll also provide the whole function for more context)

--g_JFD_Government_StateTitles_ReformType_Table
609 local g_JFD_Government_StateTitles_ReformType_Table = {}
610 for row in DB.Query("SELECT ReformType FROM JFD_Government_Titles WHERE ReformType IS NOT NULL AND TitleState IS NOT NULL ORDER BY Priority;") do
611 g_JFD_Government_StateTitles_ReformType_Table[GameInfoTypes[row.ReformType]] = true
612 end

I also tried if other things of the mod were working; Appointing a Great Person no, the reforms that give more sovereignty are working, others aren't. Choosing a new form of government at a Pop. Threshold or after building a certain wonder is working. I didn't tried it extensively but this should be all that remains of the mod

Still waiting, and hoping for this to be updated one day
I thought I could run it on 2.7 version, but this version is not downloadable anymore

Last edited:
Whenever I unlock a different Policy branch, I am prompted to change my government. I'm not sure if it's an intended feature or a bug.

Does anyone want to try this and tell me if the fixes work? Thanks!
Hi. Thank you for your modification but it still doesn't work for me. When I choose the government type the page doesn't close and I'm not able to assign great people to the ministries and UI is messed up.

Hi. Thank you for your modification but it still doesn't work for me. When I choose the government type the page doesn't close and I'm not able to assign great people to the ministries and UI is messed up.

Hi! Do you have logs and steps to reproduce it? No one else has reported it so I'm not sure what is causing it. Thanks!

I'd love to see more work put into this; more government styles, more laws, better balancing of effects. It's so subtle and has a small footprint on the game, but so exciting having to deal with an independent government faction to get the bonuses you want. It's quite exciting whenever my government gets reorganized.

Also an option to see the laws and governments of other Civs would be awesome, seeing how the AI is making use of these new systems.

Top Bottom