Jfk

bernie14

Filter Manipulator
i was messing around with this one for a while.....the graphics r pretty good, so i decided to post it. there r some slight issues, it uses fdr animations (included) and there is a slight flicker in the shading when he moves his hand in the greeting (? animation).....i tried to do some custom animations but that was a major FAIL (there is a TEST animation in the file, in case one of the superstars ;) wants to edumacate me :crazyeye: ) ALSO, no matter how i changed the game text file, i could not get the AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_KENNEDY_1 to work, so if someone could help me with that it would be appreciated

DOWNLOAD

:eek: Wow, who did you base it off of? You did a really good job on this bernie:goodjob: As for the Diplo_Contact, I'll see if I can help.

You need to get rid of that darn Bonnie Blue Flag that represents "Confederate Flags" i know Firaxis has it that way but it should not be that way. (My opinion)

Spoiler :
The Bonnie Blue Flag consists of a single white star upon a field of blue. This flag was originally the national flag of the Republic of West Florida, which existed for 74 days during 1810. The flag was first raised at a Spanish fort in Baton Rouge on September 23, 1810 after the territory of West Florida revolted against Spanish rule.

This use of the flag as a symbol of revolt is likely what inspired it to be adopted by the South during the War Between the States. The Republic of West Florida not only encompassed part of what is now the State of Florida but also Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. When Mississippi announced it’s secession from the Union on January 9, 1861, the Bonnie Blue Flag was hoisted over the capitol in Jackson. During this event, an Irish immigrant named Harry McCarty was present and later penned the song “The Bonnie Blue Flag” which became an immensely popular marching tune during the war. The tune’s popularity only further served to increase the flag’s popularity in the Southern states. Today, the flag is still used to represent the South and the ideals of states’ rights.

You need to get rid of that darn Bonnie Blue Flag that represents "Confederate Flags" i know Firaxis has it that way but it should not be that way. (My opinion)

Spoiler :
The Bonnie Blue Flag consists of a single white star upon a field of blue. This flag was originally the national flag of the Republic of West Florida, which existed for 74 days during 1810. The flag was first raised at a Spanish fort in Baton Rouge on September 23, 1810 after the territory of West Florida revolted against Spanish rule.

This use of the flag as a symbol of revolt is likely what inspired it to be adopted by the South during the War Between the States. The Republic of West Florida not only encompassed part of what is now the State of Florida but also Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. When Mississippi announced it’s secession from the Union on January 9, 1861, the Bonnie Blue Flag was hoisted over the capitol in Jackson. During this event, an Irish immigrant named Harry McCarty was present and later penned the song “The Bonnie Blue Flag” which became an immensely popular marching tune during the war. The tune’s popularity only further served to increase the flag’s popularity in the Southern states. Today, the flag is still used to represent the South and the ideals of states’ rights.

Its also the Somalian flag. I much prefer the flag from RFC.

@bernie: Excellent leader! Downloadin rite now.

thanks everyone....

@charles88...he is based off fdr with modified reagan hair from ekmek :)

as far as the flag controversy, just have not take the time to change it myself, but it is not part of the dl, whatever flag u have for the US will be displayed :D

Awesome, very awesome. Now I have to decide between him and Reagan for my Diplomacy II mod. I don't know Ekmek, your Reagan looks great, but I am a Democrat...

Capo, which one is most different from the other American leaders in personality and traits? Go with whoever that is.

OOPS, forgot to include the blend file of the TESTgreeting.kf.... if any one would like to help me with that....i edited the DL file to incude it but here it is for those who would liketo take a look at it and have already DL the LH :)

Attachments

• TEST_greeting.zip
    487.3 KB · Views: 97
the main problem was that there was no proper set start and end frame. Select the entire skeleton and insert an animation key at frame 1 and the last frame, if not some parts of the model can disappear. Also leaderheads normally have a 90 degree rotation applied, adding this manually to the fdr_master NonAccum node and the leaderhead looked in the camera.

there is still a flickering in the area around the eyes, but ididn´t had the time to look what causes this

Attachments

• fdr_greeting.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 103
the main problem was that there was no proper set start and end frame. Select the entire skeleton and insert an animation key at frame 1 and the last frame, if not some parts of the model can disappear. Also leaderheads normally have a 90 degree rotation applied, adding this manually to the fdr_master NonAccum node and the leaderhead looked in the camera.

there is still a flickering in the area around the eyes, but i didn´t had the time to look what causes this

YES!!!it's intersting cuz i had set animation keys but in pose mode.....i went back into blender and set them in object mode and it worked....

dont worry about the eye flicker, that actually happened because i had scaled down the skeleton in blender (down to 0.9 to match the scaled down imported kennedy nif) so the exported kf file came out funny.....i did a quick check by importing the original fdr.nif with greeting animation and exported a kf (applying your fixes) and it worked perfectly and in scale...so now, i am going to make some real custom animations for JFK....would everyone be ok with JFK "giving the finger" in furious mode :confused: :D

YES!!!it's intersting cuz i had set animation keys but in pose mode.....i went back into blender and set them in object mode and it worked....

dont worry about the eye flicker, that actually happened because i had scaled down the skeleton in blender (down to 0.9 to match the scaled down imported kennedy nif) so the exported kf file came out funny.....i did a quick check by importing the original fdr.nif with greeting animation and exported a kf (applying your fixes) and it worked perfectly and in scale...so now, i am going to make some real custom animations for JFK....would everyone be ok with JFK "giving the finger" in furious mode :confused: :D

I'd like to see what he does to marilyn monroe when he is pleased :lol:

sorry to bump this one up but i wanted to know if anyone had been able to get the AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_KENNEDY_1 to work :confused:

i was messing around with this one for a while.....the graphics r pretty good, so i decided to post it. there r some slight issues, it uses fdr animations (included) and there is a slight flicker in the shading when he moves his hand in the greeting (? animation).....i tried to do some custom animations but that was a major FAIL (there is a TEST animation in the file, in case one of the superstars ;) wants to edumacate me :crazyeye: ) ALSO, no matter how i changed the game text file, i could not get the AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_KENNEDY_1 to work, so if someone could help me with that it would be appreciated

DOWNLOAD

Unfortunatly the photo didn't completly load when I tried to view it so all I got to see was from the eyes up by looked great from what I could see. Thank for developing it! Be hoping someone would create this one. Being a Kennedy myself I definatly want it when you get the bugs work out of it so it works!

Top Bottom