Jihad against Icecream

AceChilla

Goedheiligman
Some people just take themselves too seriouslly :crazyeye:

Burger King recalls 'sacrilegious' desserts

the Scotsman

THE fast-food chain, Burger King, is withdrawing its ice-cream cones after the lid of the dessert offended a Muslim.

The man claimed the design resembled the Arabic inscription for Allah, and branded it sacrilegious, threatening a "jihad".

The chain is being forced to spend thousands of pounds redesigning the lid with backing from The Muslim Council of Britain. It apologised and said: "The design simply represents a spinning ice-cream cone."

The offending lid was spotted in a branch in Park Royal last week by business development manager Rashad Akhtar, 27, of High Wycombe.

He was not satisfied by the decision to withdraw the cones and has called on Muslims to boycott Burger King. He said: "This is my jihad. How can you say it is a spinning swirl? If you spin it one way to the right you are offending Muslims."

A Muslim Council spokesman said: "We commend the sensitive and prompt action that Burger King has taken."

I got a new slogan for the ice cream, "What would Allah eat?" :crazyeye: They need to chill out, it's only a pile of ice cream and does not mean Allah.

Jihad Ice Cream...sounds like a business opportunity for me!

Masquerouge said:
The resemblance is funny, though.

That proves icecream is the food of Gods ;)

But even if it did have a resemblance, whats the big deal. What could be a bigger promotion that to have you God on a thing that children love. Nike would pay millions for such a promotion!

Such sillyness :p

I bet Mohamad would have loved it and bought BK ice cream every day. The real question is "Would he have preferred all vanilla, all chocolate or the combo swirl?"

Couldn't Burger King just redesign the lid?

Maybe this will be what finally breaks moderate Muslims off from radical fundamentalists. Who would support anyone who's against ice cream?

cgannon64 said:
Maybe this will be what finally breaks moderate Muslims off from radical fundamentalists. Who would support anyone who's against ice cream?
I can see it now. Five hundred years from now people will tell the tale of the Great War of the Cones, in 31 flavors, of course.

I would never go against ice cream unless its some gross flavor, but nevetheless, muslims are just exaggerating, i mean really, its ICE CREAM!:lol:

Erm, iirc, Jihad means "struggle", not holy war. Still, this is rather amusing.

Blasphemous said:
Erm, iirc, Jihad means "struggle", not holy war. Still, this is rather amusing.

They must be losing their struggle against ice cream then! :lol:

rmsharpe said:
If there are Muslims stupid enough to be offended by a lid designed in the shape of swirling ice cream cone, then I don't want their business.

That was a rather oversweeping generalization. This is just ONE man. Shouldn't you be angry at Burger King for caving in to political correctness instead?

Top Bottom