Jiminy Cricket PBEM

A comment from a game admin perspective:

It is not acceptable behaviour to hold everyone's game up in an attempt to coerce a response from someone, especially from someone who has already responded.

I am not coercing a response, I am generously offering you a chance to not have your coastlines pillaged and blockaded.

Fine then, I'll play my turn tomorrow along with all the others. This is how you encourage piracy you know.

Yes, those are mine, as response to your attack and subsequent provocations. They will depart your shores as soon as I have accumulated 80 gold, provided you don't sink any more ships.

Oh well - if you want an apology:

"I'm sorry you think your pirate was harshly treated"

LOL - I have to admit this whole pirate affair is very funny, regardless of who's side I'm on.

As for my city location - if you call settling land that is unclaimed to be "aggression" then you need to re-think your definition. The land has been available for centuries and you haven't touched it, and you let the guy in dead last with no hope of winning claim it before you. That's not aggression. Aggression is when someone shows up at your doorstep with an army demanding that you bend the knee...

As for my city location - if you call settling land that is unclaimed to be "aggression" then you need to re-think your definition. The land has been available for centuries and you haven't touched it, and you let the guy in dead last with no hope of winning claim it before you. That's not aggression. Aggression is when someone shows up at your doorstep with an army demanding that you bend the knee...
Au contraire. The land wasn't unclaimed, there was a city whose tiles would have been, and probably will still be, part of my city, but which are now - temporarily - a part of yours. And yours was placed subsequently. This is an attempted land grab from me and hence an act of aggression.

If you say so. If you want aggression, I will just have to show you aggression...

Easy there, boy. I don't want to get dragged into a war over some far away islands.

Here the receipt for ZHR for the public to see:

Pillaging 2 Fishing Boats:
-3 Gold
-60 Hammers for Workboats = 60 Gold

Blockade:
-20 Gold

=83 Gold

You receive 3 pieces of Gold from me, and I consider the compensation of 80 Gold for my sunken Privateer paid.

Your coasts are now safe until you attack me again.

I hereby humbly request the administrator of this game to implement the following two house rules, effective immediately:

*You may only change the civics of a civ if you have more espionage points against them than they have against you.

*If a human is the vassal of another human, the master may demand one resource as tribute every turn. If the vassal does not comply they must break the capitulation at the soonest opportunity. The vassal may cancel every such tribute as soon as the game allows, meaning a master can only have a maximum of 10 resources sent for free by their vassal at any one point unless the vassal sends them voluntarily.

I hereby humbly request the administrator of this game to implement the following two house rules, effective immediately:

*You may only change the civics of a civ if you have more espionage points against them than they have against you.

*If a human is the vassal of another human, the master may demand one resource as tribute every turn. If the vassal does not comply they must break the capitulation at the soonest opportunity. The vassal may cancel every such tribute as soon as the game allows, meaning a master can only have a maximum of 10 resources sent for free by their vassal at any one point unless the vassal sends them voluntarily.

I'll need some more convincing as to why. It seems that the game mechanics deal with these issues, and we all play this game. It seems like asking "Can we make this chess game have one knight that has 2x1 L shaped moves, and the other has 3x1?".

I'll need some more convincing as to why. It seems that the game mechanics deal with these issues, and we all play this game. It seems like asking "Can we make this chess game have one knight that has 2x1 L shaped moves, and the other has 3x1?".

No, this game doesn't have mechanics that deal with these issues, that's the point. If a human master demands tribute from their human vassal the vassal can just leave the diplo screen without consequences.

Who has the turn?

Top Bottom