Emperor
CoL Section H said:
4. Election Office
a. The Election Office shall be comprised of those citizens
willing to assist the election process. These citizens are
nominated by the President, and are subject to a confirmation
poll.
b. The Election Office shall determine before each election who
will post the threads for that election.
c. The Election Office shall maintain on the initial post of their
thread the dates for the current and next election cycle.
d. The Election Office shall solicit and maintain a common list of
debate questions for each office. This list shall be posted as
soon as possible in each debate thread.
e. Any non-trivial differences in the dates/times threads are posted
from the scheduled time should be noted by the Election Office
official posting the thread.

As per Section H4(a), I am opening positions for the Office of Elections! All aspiring persons are encouraged to apply.

It is prefered that the chief Elections Officer not want to run of offices this term to avoid conflicts of interest. (Prefered only, though.)

Well, if no one else wants to do it (heh), sign me up. I have a few questions though:

d. The Election Office shall solicit and maintain a common list of
debate questions for each office. This list shall be posted as
soon as possible in each debate thread.

Could this list be compiled from questions submited by citizens? Or is the office required to write them themselves? Also, the words "common list" sound like the office wouldn't be able to ask specific questions pertaining to current issues, but would just ask "dude, what is your platform", and that isn't really a debate. If I am reading this wrong smack me.

Also, if this would restrict me from posting opinions in election threads, please, oh godly mister prez, I need this job.

I would like to apply for a job within the election office. Why should I be picked?
-I helped push forward the leglislation
-I've served as an elected official since term 2
-I will not be seeking re-election next term because of midterm week and the need to take a term off from the court
-because I want it

-Mhcarver

Crimso: My understanding is that the questions themselves would be written by the Citizens, including the Election Officials. CJ MhCarver may be a better person to answer, as he has legal standing ;)

As for personal Opinions in Election Threads, just make sure that you distinguish what you say as a Citizen vs what you say as an Officer of Japanatica.

I thank those of you who have signed up for these (plural due to the legislation) openings. Hopefully, after I shop tommorow, or maybe even before, I'll go on and nominate a slate of persons.

Sir Donald III said:
Crimso: My understanding is that the questions themselves would be written by the Citizens, including the Election Officials. CJ MhCarver may be a better person to answer, as he has legal standing ;)

As for personal Opinions in Election Threads, just make sure that you distinguish what you say as a Citizen vs what you say as an Officer of Japanatica.

I thank those of you who have signed up for these (plural due to the legislation) openings. Hopefully, after I shop tommorow, or maybe even before, I'll go on and nominate a slate of persons.

-your interpretation is correct on questions Mr.President

As per CoL Section H1(d,i), I hereby Appoint MhCarver, Crimso, and Trotsky7 as "Officers of Elections".

Please make sure that whatever duties you apportion amongst yourselves, that you do not appoint in areas that could yield a Conflict of Interest, should any of you three have DG Political Asperations.

Top Bottom