Joe Biden's Achievements

lockdowns need an evidential burden to justify that as the reason. a burden covid never reached. it is likely they did more damage to public health than helping it.

the abuse of "emergency measures" was awful too.

if your goal was even longer/more widespread suffering + higher marginal deaths then doing nothing, then sure. that's an awful goal, however.

biden actively attempted to implement measures against the constitution, doing it in advance knowing it would challenge and fail because that was somehow okay for him. he also tried to do really wacky stuff with osha.

nonsense. not only did people have to choose between employment and gene therapy, information about the latter was suppressed at direct behest of the government (1st amendment violation), which big tech has now openly admitted. biden administration reached out to them wrt which information gets blocked or suppressed, directly. as this was being done at behest of government, the private organization defense is not relevant in that context.

not only was that a vile act, it was also illegal. will be amusing to see people blame trump for the therapy complications though.

much of the economic damage can be attributed to the response to the disease, rather than the disease itself. not all of it, but a lot.

"perhaps biden should have deliberately ruined the country and put as much blood on his hands as possible". fortunately, biden's puppet masters are not quite that evil. price fixing is a fast ticket to hell.

"nationalize the economy" = instant impeachment or well-justified secession/civil war. that's looney tunes stuff. political suicide using a process guaranteed to run a country into the ground.
Full on Trump nonsense. Biden is a competent pol who has made the government actually work. The Orange Traitor made a mess of everything he touched. High deficits, horribly botched response to Covid, no actual legislative success outside of tax cuts for corporations and the one percent, alienated allies, increased the nuclear threat in the Mideast ( withdrawing from Iran nuke deal), cozied up to dictators such as Putin, Xi and Kim, did nothing to reform immigration. Meanwhile Biden has had significant legislation successes, handled Covid as well as anyone, seen employment increase significantly in his first 18 months, repaired relations with allies, and led the NATO response to the criminal Putin regime's invasion of Ukraine.

Not only was the 2020 Loser the worst president in history,he is also the biggest traitor in history. Defending Benedict Donald is the wrong path for any American.

IDK about illegal but other than putting an end to Trump's verbal diarrhea on the subject I'm not certain how Biden's election has altered the pandemic response at all.

Given the situation Biden inherited from the previous administration, I think he did as well as expected. Trump trashed common sense measures such as masking, social distanting, avoiding crowds, etc. Trump's rollout of the vaccine was badly botched, not helped by the president's lukewarm support of vaccine programs. Trump's endorsement of quack cures for Covid just made the whole problem even worse.

Not to mention the fact that Trump didn't deliver on an infrastructure bill, a border wall, a new trade deal with China, a replacement for the ACA, a nuclear deal with North Korea or slowing the Iranian nuclear program in the slightest. Biden has important legislative wins, got the US out of the Afghanistan quagmire, 80% of American adults are now vaccinated, job growth is much stronger than during Trump's administration, and climate change is being addressed. Is Biden the best president in US history? No but he has done a good job, certainly far, far better than that done by Trump the Traitor.

Given the situation Biden inherited from the previous administration, I think he did as well as expected.
I think Biden has done much better than expected. What he was expected to do: beat Trump & get him out of office.

What he's done given the slim majority in the House & the tie in the Senate has been, frankly, amazing. I'm far too lazy to do it (Gen X, it's what we're known for) but I wish we had an ongoing updated tally in this thread of all the very significant (first Climate Change stuff ever, Supreme Court, handling of Russia-Ukraine, etc.) things he's accomplished that posters have pointed out. It'd be pretty impressive when listed all at once I bet.

Ok so Biden just announced that he will:

-Pardon all marijuana possession convictions
-Urge governors to do the same
-Direct HHS and AG to review and reschedule marijuana (effectively decriminalizing the drug at the federal level)

If he actually follows through with all this he will easily become the most effective president in my lifetime

Ok so Biden just announced that he will:

-Pardon all marijuana possession convictions
-Urge governors to do the same
-Direct HHS and AG to review and reschedule marijuana (effectively decriminalizing the drug at the federal level)

If he actually follows through with all this he will easily become the most effective president in my lifetime
The tories are trying to go the other way here.

Conservative police commissioners want to bump up cannabis to a Class A drug, placing it in the same category as cocaine and heroin.​
At a Conservative Party conference in Birmingham, some members argued that penalties should be re-evaluated, saying it's "time we realised that it is not just a little bit of weed" – an idea that campaigners have shut down as "dangerous and crazy".​
David Sidwick, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Dorset, said cannabis is "driving harm" because it is a "gateway drug".​
"If you look at the young people in treatment, the number one drug they are in treatment for is cannabis," he said.​

lmao oh. Ok then.

1665089718543.png

(This excludes 90% of those charged with possession of marijuana at the federal level)

Isn't cannabis one of the few drugs actually criminalized in law by congress rather than by executive fiat?

Edit: Ah, it's a pardon. He's just declining to enforce the law of the land. I get it. Derp. If I remember my history right, it was criminalized to deport Mexicans in the first place, so nothing has changed.

Last edited:
See how long it takes Republicans to go the opposite direction.

Edit: Ah, it's a pardon. He's just declining to enforce the law of the land. I get it. Derp.
There is something a bit odd about the presidential pardon, but when this is a campaign promise and most of the others are gifts to their criminal mates just before they step down it does not seem like a bad example.

Sorry, finished editing my post. Color me entirely unimpressed. Not going to complain about it this time though. Why complain about nothing? ;)

Well, getting it descheduled would still be pretty huge (we’ll see if he follows through on that), but the mass pardoning will free literally zero people lol.

Someone hit me with the Lucy football meme.

Care to list those "multiple illegal attempted moves"? I can wait while you scan OAN, Fox News, and Alex Jones...
Sometimes, it's a bit disheartening to see names you recognize for many years to be associated with those... exotic philosophies. To save you some time, there was already plenty of discourse here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-did-face-masks-become-so-political.679012/page-11. Unfortunately, that thread got closed after some derails related to some other... exotic ideas.

Top Bottom