Joe Wilson, great American hero ?

otago

Deity
Strange I notice a conservative site commentator stating that Joe Wilson is a great American hero.
So let me see if I get this right, Joe Wilson a chickenhawk who was far too important to serve while Vietnam was still going is a hero by conservative standards ?

Now I'm probably harsh in my belief that any one who cheers combat on should be in the infantry while they cheer.
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2009/09/09/joe-wilson-great-american-hero/

Strange I notice a conservative site commentator stating that Joe Wilson is a great American hero.
So let me see if I get this right, Joe Wilson a chickenhawk who was far too important to serve while Vietnam was still going is a hero by conservative standards ?

Funny that you forget to mention that all his kids are serving overseas.

The President was lying through his teeth, he called him out. Yeah it was inapropriate in that kind of setting but if he didn't call the president a liar Obama would have gotten away with a bill that did not oversight illegals getting free healthcare.

Joe Wilson is a patriot.

Your attempt at character asassination is a deversion to the fact that the President was lying through his teeth throughout that entire speech.

If you believe that Obama wasn't lying when he said that his healthcare plan was not going to add one dime to the deficit, I don't understand how I can have a debate with you.

So... about Presidents lying that brings deficit on the nation... Ring any bells?

The President was lying through his teeth, he called him out. Yeah it was inapropriate in that kind of setting but if he didn't call the president a liar Obama would have gotten away with a bill that did not oversight illegals getting free healthcare.

Joe Wilson is a patriot.

Your attempt at character asassination is a deversion to the fact that the President was lying through his teeth throughout that entire speech.

If you believe that Obama wasn't lying when he said that his healthcare plan was not going to add one dime to the deficit, I don't understand how I can have a debate with you.

Ah, you believe any one who has kids in a combat zone is a hero, ok, strange beliefs some of you conservatives have.

Sigh.

President Obama: There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false - the reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.

Rep. Joe Wilson: You Lie!

http://mediamattersaction.org/factcheck/200909090009

otago, how come you never talk about new zealend politics? why are you so obsessed with american politics? you dont live here, your not a citizen so just give it a rest man. all you do is talk about how american conservatives suck, we get it you dont like republicans, let it go.

Joe Wilson is a patriot.

Yes I know first hand, I visit Charleston, my uncles live there and they love Joe Wilson, and yes he is a patriot, and there are not many left. But not only them the whole state supports him.

otago, how come you never talk about new zealend politics? why are you so obsessed with american politics? you dont live here, your not a citizen so just give it a rest man. all you do is talk about how american conservatives suck, we get it you dont like republicans, let it go.

I'm fascinated with American politics too. American politics in general is too batsh** insane to not be endlessly baffled and entertained by it. Both parties have their crazies, but at the moment the Republican party faithful really do take the biscuit.

However I don't agree with the OPs sentiment here. Shouldn't be an issue.

Joe Wilson is a patriot.

Except, the President wasn't lying in his statement on illegal aliens not getting healthcare was factchecked by factcheck.org and politifact, and found to be true. Joe Wilson was in error.

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter...lson-south-carolina-said-obama-lied-he-didnt/
http://factcheck.org/2009/09/obamas-health-care-speech/

Never heard of Joe Wilson, so yeah, he is a great American hero.

G Gordon Liddy and Olie North are also heroes to many conservatives. Any criminal can be if they were a criminal for the "right" reason.

If I am correct however, two provisions that were going into the bill to actually enforce the fact that illegals dont get coverage was shot down.

So basicly, while the law says Illegals will not get insurance, there is no way to enforce that so in effect that will be covered.

Guessing thats what Pheonician meant when he said "Obama would have gotten away with a bill that did not oversight illegals getting free healthcare".

If I am correct however, two provisions that were going into the bill to actually enforce the fact that illegals dont get coverage was shot down.

So basicly, while the law says Illegals will not get insurance, there is no way to enforce that so in effect that will be covered.

Guessing thats what Pheonician meant when he said "Obama would have gotten away with a bill that did not oversight illegals getting free healthcare".

And that changes what how? Our immigration policy is FUBAR. This bill does not change that. That does not in any way lead to making the case that the new bill would deliberately cover illegals.

No. We are in agreement that illegals flying under the radar will not be exposed any more by this than they are by anything else the government does. If a person is exposed as being an illegal, they will not be covered. If a person has successfully hidden the fact that they are an illegal than this changes nothing.

My thoughts is the Illegals are going to bennifit the most out of Obamas plans.

I don't believe that. However if illegal immigrants are a high level concern of yours than perhaps you should be telling your representatives that. The reform plan that Bush was pushing a couple of years ago was perhaps not the best, but probably an improvement on what we have now. That had bipartisan support, however also bipartisan opposition. Maybe if Republicans want to lead on an issue, rather than just working to kill what Democrats do, they should take up an immigration reform proposal again. A health reform bill that's already excessively complex does not need elements of immigration reform grafted onto it.

Top Bottom