John Kerry's "outrageous" Comments

Commie #4522

Prince
I've been reading some news lately and it seems, as usual, conservative media is hounding John Kerry and making something out of nothing.

As most of you might know, John Kerry has said, lately:
“When we walk away from global warming, Kyoto, when we are irresponsibly slow in moving toward AIDS in Africa, when we don’t advance and live up to our own rhetoric and standards, we set a terrible message of duplicity and hypocrisy,” Kerry said.

“So we have a crisis of confidence in the Middle East — in the world, really. I’ve never seen our country as isolated, as much as a sort of international pariah for a number of reasons as it is today.”…

Kerry criticized what he called the “unfortunate habit” of Americans to see the world “exclusively through an American lens.”

Oh no, John Kerry is a traitor to America! /sarcasm

Too bad, all that he's said is true:

“When we walk away from global warming, Kyoto, when we are irresponsibly slow in moving toward AIDS in Africa, when we don’t advance and live up to our own rhetoric and standards, we set a terrible message of duplicity and hypocrisy,”

Damn right. If America is so great why can't we do some simple things, like signing the damn Kyoto protocol, which what, every other western country has signed?

And why can't we send more foreign aid to countries in need? (note, this doesn't mean we should invade them and take their oil)

Americans often think they have the moral highground when it's all full of crap, and full of hipocrisy.

“So we have a crisis of confidence in the Middle East — in the world, really. I’ve never seen our country as isolated, as much as a sort of international pariah for a number of reasons as it is today.”…

America had a ~decent~ reputation, but Bush ruined it. Kerry is right - the world hates us, it's true.

Kerry criticized what he called the “unfortunate habit” of Americans to see the world “exclusively through an American lens.”

This is the comment that got the most flak but it's the most true. The main problem with America is that they see America like it's the only damn country in the world, and everyone else around them is just some barbarian uncivilized land (that we can't point out on a map, even).

Why is there so much outrage over this stuff?

These facts are some of the reasons I'm ASHAMED of my own damn country, every time I go on vacation in a foreign nation I'm forced to say I am from Canada.

What happened to America? It can't even look and accept criticism - they call Kerry out as a traitor and a treasonous rat or something - I guess some people CAN'T handle the truth.

Easier to ridicule than ratify.

Your making such a big deal out of nothing. I dont see why anyone is going to judge a american civilian because of bushes actions.

Damn right. If America is so great why can't we do some simple things, like signing the damn Kyoto protocol, which what, every other western country has signed?

The Kyoto protocol is so horribly flawed. It exempts China and India from the same requirements as western nations, and in essence is handing over the global economy leadership position to China and India.

And why can't we send more foreign aid to countries in need? (note, this doesn't mean we should invade them and take their oil)

We send plenty of money to countries in need, and most of those countries end up spitting in our face and criticizing us to no end.

America had a ~decent~ reputation, but Bush ruined it. Kerry is right - the world hates us, it's true.

We shouldn't be spending our time concerning ourselves with what other countries think of us, but what is best for our national interests. All countries do this, as long as you look beyond the empty rhetoric. France and Germany didn't oppose us going to Iraq because they thought it would end in disaster, but because it would end their oil for food scam.

This is the comment that got the most flak but it's the most true. The main problem with America is that they see America like it's the only damn country in the world, and everyone else around them is just some barbarian uncivilized land (that we can't point out on a map, even).

Much of the world does not give America the respect it deserves. Why should we give the respect they don't give us to them.

These facts are some of the reasons I'm ASHAMED of my own damn country, every time I go on vacation in a foreign nation I'm forced to say I am from Canada.

What happened to America? It can't even look and accept criticism - they call Kerry out as a traitor and a treasonous rat or something - I guess some people CAN'T handle the truth.

There is outrage because these are not facts. These are empty political statements from a bitter politician who lost to the "worst" president. Nations will and always should look out for their best interests, because if you start consuming yourself with what everybody else thinks you tend to end up worse off.

Peer pressure is bad in highschool, and not a lot better on the international politics scale.

This is actually the first I've heard about it.

... okay second. The first was channel surfing.

Uhh, its insulting that you feel like you have to lie about where your from just to get approval. Any person with intelligence anywhere in the world won't make such gross generalizations and apply them to a whole nation.

Secondly, there's alot of STATISTICAL, VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE that shows that foreign aid is insufficient in turning a bad situation around. In fact, what is more important is developing the necessary institutions so that an accountable government (to its people) receives the aid, but as it sets up its own institutions (courts of law, i.p. rights, bill of rights, human rights).

I would suggest that generalization about Americans having the high ground needs to be reflected in the mirror. Please, STOP GENERALIZING!

I went to France and Spain last spring and everyone was pretty nice, even the French :p

Lie. You are not forced. You are, entirely of your own free will, choosing to deny your nation for your own reasons. Don't try to push this onto someone/something else. Nobody forced Peter to deny Christ, nobody forced you to deny America. Grow a backbone and take responsibility for your own actions.

Personal responsibility, that's what it's all about.

No, I am not equating America with Christ, okay? Let's not even go there.

Lie. You are not forced. You are, entirely of your own free will, choosing to deny your nation for your own reasons.
I don't want to ruin my reputation or get into some trouble. Yes, technically I am forced.
Don't try to push this onto someone/something else. Nobody forced Peter to deny Christ, nobody forced you to deny America.
Great, don't bring religion into this. I actually consider Christianity a false religion and I don't believe in God, so what does your quote mean to me? Nothing.
Grow a backbone and take responsibility for your own actions.

Wasn't me who invaded Iraq. Wasn't me who exploited the nations of this world. Wasn't me who segregated the nation. Do I need to go on?

Personal responsibility, that's what it's all about.
I have nothing to be responsible about, I didn't do anything, nor did I support it. If I had it my way I wouldn't be living in the United States.

No, I am not equating America with Christ, okay? Let's not even go there.[/QUOTE]

Commie #4522 said:
Wasn't me who invaded Iraq. Wasn't me who exploited the nations of this world. Wasn't me who segregated the nation. Do I need to go on?

I have nothing to be responsible about, I didn't do anything, nor did I support it. If I had it my way I wouldn't be living in the United States.

Hahahaha I think you just shot your own argument in the foot. If you know you didn't do anything, why feel the need to declare yourself Canadian overseas?

Hey Commie,

Warts and all, I still love this country. And I've seen some particularly nasty warts. See, you're young and think that where you are from, and what you are physically, defines you. That's why you rail and want Communism. That's why Canada looks better. A "grass is greener" mentality.

You see, no one is making you lie. You are not forced. No one cares outside of you that you are American-born.

Oh, and wasn't you who segregated the nation? Then what's with all the racism towards the South? Is that not segregation by yourself there?

Stop. Trolling.

Ah yes, a self proclaimed communist endorsing John Kerry and the Democratic Party, that group of rich white men pandering to lobbyists. Because y'know, that's the way to free the proletariat from exploitation by the bourgeousie.

Kerry seems spot on to me. But then I am a filthy foreigner.

OMG a commie thread! troll/flame/ad-hom.

Kerry seems spot on, but you might as well place any other country instead of America and still be spot on. He just picks a human characteristic and applies it to America.

Not that insightfull if you ask me :)

Balkenede criticized what he called the “unfortunate habit” of the Dutch to see the world “exclusively through a dutch lens.” works for me.

Angela Merkel criticized what she called the “unfortunate habit” of the German to see the world “exclusively through a german lens.” also works for me.

So as one filthy foreigner to another, we agree ... or do we? :)

John Kerry is an attention whore. I mean really, he is. His entire life has been spent in trying to put himself in the limelight, even when his star was dimming.

Now he finds himself fading away as a loser, so he continually spouts out one liners in order to grab a headline.

Simply pathetic. Even his own party doesnt care about him anymore, loser that he is.

Ah yes, a self proclaimed communist endorsing John Kerry and the Democratic Party, that group of rich white men pandering to lobbyists. Because y'know, that's the way to free the proletariat from exploitation by the bourgeousie.

The Proletariat will be rich, but he will be free becuase now she is equal to the Rich white man, a rich white woman:rolleyes:
And who cares the Rebulicans are rich too but The Democratic Party is 100 times better
Anyone is better then that fool Bush

Top Bottom