John LYNCH-STAUNTON

Goonie

Lonely End of the Rink
The CIA has a certain "John LYNCH-STAUNTON" listed as the leader of the Conservative Party of Canada. Do they know something we don't?

"Bloc Quebecois [Gilles DUCEPPE]; Conservative Party of Canada (a merger of the Canadian Alliance and the Progressive Conservative Party) [John LYNCH-STAUNTON]; Liberal Party [Paul MARTIN]; New Democratic Party [Jack LAYTON] " - CIA

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ca.html

Personally , I have never heard of the man. Strange.

I don't know who he is, but a Google search returns:

http://assembly.coe.int/Members/Alpha/5359-en.asp

CIA also says

Canada:

managed maritime boundary disputes with the US at Dixon Entrance, Beaufort Sea, Strait of Juan de Fuca, and around the disputed Machias Seal Island and North Rock;

illicit producer of cannabis for the domestic drug market and export to US; use of hydroponics technology permits growers to plant large quantities of high-quality marijuana indoors; transit point for heroin and cocaine entering the US market; vulnerable to narcotics money laundering because of its mature financial services sector

Lets hope nobody mentions the War on Drugs to President Bush ;)

There's another dent in the credibility of the CIA.

Lynch-Staunton is certainly the leader of the conservative party. Except only in the Senate. There is a big difference there.

Looks like whoever researched this did little more than run a Google check ... probably less since a five second Google search helped me solve this mystery.

Edit: Bah. I made a foolish mistake. The CIA was right and I rescind the comment I made of its credibility. Staunton was made the interim party leader before the formal leadership race in March that elected Stephen Harper as the new chief of the Conservative Party of Canada.

The factbook is incorrect because it is outdated. The next update will correct that.

There goes my credibility :p

Top Bottom