1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Join Betrayal Emergency

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Half Nelson, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Ancient Mariner Supporter

Played over 1200h Civ6 (including over 500h R&F) and this is the only achievement that now evades me. I finally triggered my first ever Betrayal Emergency in my most recent game, but it was against me and has not triggered the achievement. Maybe I am misunderstanding how the emergency is triggered? Any tips on how to encourage the AI to generate a Betrayal Emergency?

2. GimliLegolas

GimliLegolas Chieftain

I've only ever triggered one betrayal emergency. I was friends and ally with a neighbouring civ and, late in the game, on my way to a domination victory and way ahead in tech and military power I just decided to roll over them. I think the emergency was over in 10 turns. What I've never managed is to get a friend to attack me.- I'll have to think of provocations that might work

3. Chronost0rm

Chronost0rm Chieftain

Hi Nelson, I have the same issue, it's the last achievement I need to get. Maybe we can help eachother in a multiplayer game and trigger it with bots? What's your Steam nickname, add me: Chronost0rm

4. Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr Chieftain

Sometimes you can bribe the AI to declare war on a long-time ally in the end-game. If there's another AI that's close to victory the other computer players will be more likely to break ties with it. You just have to be sure you're not friends with the betrayer when you do it, or you won't be able to join the emergency (grr). It's a rare enough condition that I've only actually made it happen once; I got Cleopatra to declare on Trajan while he was close to a science victory. She'd been placating him the entire game, but she seemed quite willing to pile on with everyone else at the end.

5. Chronost0rm

Chronost0rm Chieftain

Hey making a hotseat game worked! thanks so much! got all achievments now

6. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

Not for long!
    New Achievements coming in February.
    Get ready for the Storm of 2019!