1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Jotnar - Giant Civ for Fall from Heaven. Download Here.

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Arctic Circle, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Wish you hadn't :p Was going to remerge it myself and include it with the next release. I had kinda held off overnight with K because I know that the changes in K will mean a lot of remerging for the Jotnar...

If you can repost it somewhere, I'll get it sorted...

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I'm actually reinstalling FF atm so I can merge just the Jotnar with FF, and then upload it... Figured it would help him get if he had it patched up all the way. :lol:

Really want to play these guys... Had been enjoyable last time I got a chance. :lol:

Edit: Hmm... In def OnCityAquiredAndKept, would
    Code:
    jPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner())
    if jPlayer.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_JOTNAR'):
    	pCity.setNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_JOT_STAEDDING'), 1)
    	iPop = 8
    	pCity.setPopulation(iPop)
    set a newly captured city's pop to 8, even if it was smaller than 8?

3. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Thanks - it'll be a couple of hours before I have chance to look at it, but if you post either the originals or whatever you've managed to merge - I'll sort out the rest. I'm also looking at finding some more unique artwork for them (whether it be recolors or re-weaponing of existing models etc or even something new from the downloads).

I know AC has been working hard on them and playing catchup against the five of us patching FF repeatedly - so I'd love to get them in-game and get the feedback he always wanted for the early versions.
    Definitely looks that way... Think that'll need an "if getPop > 8: iPop = 8" if I'm understanding what the intention was correctly.

4. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

yeah, please put it back up arctic.

I've sorted the xml issues, at least. and it looks like valkrionn has a handle on the python, so I'm sure we can patch it together between us.

On a side note, I'm finding the jotnar quite amusing. I rampaged all over the elohim with a single wild troll. Partially because they were unlucky enough to build their capital next to a mountain, from which I could safely attack.

I'm finding money to be a big problem in general, since units are bought, not built. RoK seemed to be the only logical religion choice here. And I've been able to maintain a constant proft through market spamming, and free upkeep thralls :D

there do seem to be some issues with production, though. Most full size cities have acess to a hill or two that they can switch to when needed, and switch to a cottage when building isn't important. The production assisting ability of the thralls is seeming more like a necessity, than a nice bonus.

5. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Might be quicker if you post what you have - I think AC might be asleep for a while and it'd be nice to have something for him to see when he gets up :)

6. Valkrionn

Here we go. This is the Jotnar, merged into the patch J. Lots of the xml had large blank spaces separating out the Jotnar code, and I've left those in there. :goodjob:

Edit: On the subject of mountains.... I'd love to see them able to settle them lol. Had an amazing start, 3 food resources, a luxury, and incense close enough that I'd be able work them with my capital... Only flaw was that the center square was a mountain. :lol:

Edit 2: Whoops. Missed a line in the event xml, reuploaded.

7. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

look back a few posts.

I already did :D

But valkrionn looks to have done it better anyways.

Oh wait, you meant the jotnar files I downloaded. I was about to, but valkrionn has done that too in any case.

8. Lemminkäinen

Lemminkäinen Warlord

So installing this onto FF won't break anything and the Jotnar are playable?

9. Valkrionn

I don't know about that, there appeared to be some python problems. All I did was merge it... Speaking of which, I missed an extra </EventInfos> in the event xml. Same thing I had earlier... :blush:

Fixed version is up.

10. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

AC said it would break savegames. I haven't cared to test that theory.

I made a backup of my FF folder before installing it. You probably should too if you have any games in progress.

11. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Aye - that was what I meant (should have said really) - I missed the download window last night and just wanted to get hold of the originals really. Valk has posted that now though - so all good :)

It definitely will - there's a lot of extra content, especially of the types that will break save games.

12. Valkrionn

And here is the python exception that I've gotten every time I've tried to play. Hopefully it will help with fixing it.

13. Sephi

Sephi Deity

You could try to change ynitUnit to initUnit in CvRandomEventInterface line 7050.

14. Arctic Circle

Arctic Circle Prince

I am really happy that the community takes hold of this and helps me out. :goodjob:

Thanks to all of you that I do not have to feel any need to do Jotnar work this weekend. Its really a family holiday.

When the Fall Further version comes out, I'll use that one myself. Still have to form an opinion on what Fall Flat is all about, but I'll check that one out as well.

Thanks all. :clap:

I'm just way to divided to make a good job right now. And I have to drop the Jotnar to have time for everything else. Politics, Coding Java, Family, Yearly declaration and not to mention Darkfall. My guild have to reclaim Yssam from the evil Hyperion alliance... ;)

I hope that this will not be my last civ-mod effort, its been insanely fun. But I am going to put it aside for the rest of 2009 to be able to cope.

About yUnit I am confident that I on purpose seperated between iUnit and yUnit somewhere. It had a distinct purpuse. So think before you change it.

15. Valkrionn

I already suggested that quite a few posts back, just wanted to get Arctic a picture of the exception without my fiddling with it. ;)

16. Arctic Circle

Arctic Circle Prince

Oh, yes. Don't miss the fact that I changed the 'normal' units Hill giant, Sea Serpent, Giant Tortoise and Soilder of Kilmorph. The Soilder of Kilmorph was given the Giant Slaying promotion.

17. Valkrionn

I missed the Soldier, I think. Caught the others. Just in case, this is the original version for Vehem.

18. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I'm personally modding a small :hammers: bonus into the Staedding building. To offset the problems jotnar have with building stuff.

19. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Aye - but the ynitUnit() is definitely a typo :D

20. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Can't see any GiantSlaying on SoK in that version - is that the original download, or a post Winmerge repackage?