Jotnar - Giant Civ for Fall from Heaven. Download Here.

GIT? wut

The only graphical comcern I have so far, is that trolls get a sex change when they upgrade from "Wild troll" to "troll hunter"

Now they just decide to cover their hands with butter before they pick up their weapon (it's a tad slippy). I need to get an artist on-team full time methinks. Any volunteers?

They do have an issue with the spear vanishing on each attack

I wish I could volunter to do art. I have some basic experience with blender, but I don;t know much about Civ IV exporting and such, I'm afraid.

Although I'd be happy to do any 2D art that needs done. Photoshop is easy enough to work with.

I would volunteer but i think you want someone that knows what he is doing, so I guess I'll just hold my breath and see who steps up.

Figured I'd post here, since you said this would be the balance thread.

1. Jotnar Workers can not take the Aptitude or Hardy promotions... Is this intended?
  2. The Mouth of the Divine seems to have trouble spreading religion...
  3. Why does Egrass have Blaze? Shouldn't it be Scorch?
  4. I'd suggest adding yields to workshops, as well as the Wind/Watermills.
  5. Jotnar Citizens cannot upgrade to Hill Giants, so the unit is inaccessible.

I'll add to this as I think of more. :goodjob:

Also... What would be a good flavourstart setup for them?

Rather than releasing a full patch for the issues discovered so far (seeing as the patch is getting pretty large) - I'm going to release a "Hotfix" for the initial big problems (TXT_KEYs and Hill Giants) and then allow a little longer for any other problems to emerge before releasing a full patch.

We're actually due for an artwork repackage and 051 - but I'm going to wait for FfH to do that first and also for the Jotnar artwork to be a little more final. Once that happens though the patch sizes should shrink again.

Jotnar Hotfix
1. Fixes missing Jotnar Text Keys
2. Allows Jotnar Adults to upgrade to Hill Giants properly
3. Egrass has Sun I instead of Fire I (Scorch instead of Blaze)

Will this break savegames? I've a pretty good one so... And I confirm what Valkrionn said: the Mouth of the Divine cannot spread religion which is annoying.

Another thing: it's nice to be able to build road on top of peaks but they don't seem to actually count as roads. I mean, I linked two cities by creating a road passing through a peak and the game didn't consider them linked. That's sad.

Anotherother thing: is the population cap relative to the map size? In the pedia, it says 10 but my cities keep looping at size 8.

Besides these things, giants are great :) I really like the small cities. At first, I didn't spawn any jotnar child but then, after 80 turns or so, I just didn't stop spawning them. Great work :goodjob:

Will this break savegames? I've a pretty good one so... And I confirm what Valkrionn said: the Mouth of the Divine cannot spread religion which is annoying.

Another thing: it's nice to be able to build road on top of peaks but they don't seem to actually count as roads. I mean, I linked two cities by creating a road passing through a peak and the game didn't consider them linked. That's sad.

Anotherother thing: is the population cap relative to the map size? In the pedia, it says 10 but my cities keep looping at size 8.

Besides these things, giants are great :) I really like the small cities. At first, I didn't spawn any jotnar child but then, after 80 turns or so, I just didn't stop spawning them. Great work :goodjob:

I don't think it would break save games, as it's just the text file and a promotion swap.

I agree, roads over mountains should connect cities, but I don't know how easy that would be to fix...

Arctic originally had it set to 10, but changed it to 8. I guess the text hasn't been updated to reflect that yet. ;)

Jotnar Citizens don't have the Giantkin promotion. And thusly, they can be used as easy city defenders, as they have 4 defense strength and they get defensive bonuses. This would make jotnar extrem,ely hard to fight against as an early enemy.

I'm pretty sure the pop cap is 8, regardless of mapsize

What should I download first before applying the "fix"? I am a bit lost with all these multiple attachments :) Could you provide a link please?

P.S. Oh wait, I missed patch K! Great job!
Do you plan to fix that "mouth" not spreading religions?

Do you plan to fix that "mouth" not spreading religions?

Aye - though I need to find out exactly how it's supposed to work first :) I fixed the ones I could easily trace a cause of - now I need to look a little more carefully to solve other issues.

EDIT: Are the units actually *supposed* to spread religion? They have the promotions to be old style Divine casters, but I can't see anything about them that would tie them to a religion itself.

Is there any reason Mother Enningas' favorite civic is Liberty, something the Jotnar are blocked from adopting?

Adopting your own favorite civic doesn't do much. It only really matters with Foreign Diplomacy - she likes other nations that promote Liberty.

Aye - though I need to find out exactly how it's supposed to work first :) I fixed the ones I could easily trace a cause of - now I need to look a little more carefully to solve other issues.

EDIT: Are the units actually *supposed* to spread religion? They have the promotions to be old style Divine casters, but I can't see anything about them that would tie them to a religion itself.

Yes absolutly.

Mouth of the divine is Jotnars only way of spreading their state religion, it have a spell that spreads Jotnars current state religion in the city where they stand with a delay of six turns. This does not consume the Mouth of Divine unit. The spell does not appear if these conditions are not met.

Its been tested, and it works.

If it doesn't its been implemented wrongly, something have changed or not all python came along through the versions. In my previous releases there are a file containing all 'python changes' seperatly in a text document. There you can find the python that is needed to make this work.

Jotnar Citizens don't have the Giantkin promotion. And thusly, they can be used as easy city defenders, as they have 4 defense strength and they get defensive bonuses. This would make jotnar extrem,ely hard to fight against as an early enemy.

Ehm. If you have so many Jotnar Citizens early you either have an amazing stroke of luck, or something is wrong with the spawning code.

Perhaps give all Jotnar Citizens the Giantkin promotion, that means that they when enslaved does become Jotnar Slaves -and- they are not great for defending since they have 'recives no defensive bonuses'.

Be aware that you cannot spread religion until Priesthood where you get a UU called Mouth of the divine that can spread religion without being lost.

This is from the pedia text, so I'd assume they are supposed to spread whatever religion you've adopted as your main religion?

Adopting your own favorite religion doesn't do much. It only really matters with Foreign Diplomacy - she likes other nations that promote Liberty.

Ah, very true. Just seemed odd to me. :lol:

a delay of 6 turns seems a bit much.
Most other civs could easily build another disciple within 6 turns.

I'd say 2-4 turns would be fairer

Yes, and the Mouth of the Divine spreading religion is done through a spell and python. Every religion have its own spell/python checks if it should be visible.

It seems to be lacking in the FF I just downloaded and istallled patch K + Hotfix.

Neither of the Jotnar releases that were posted include a SpellInfos file. SpellInterface (python) is there, but no actual spell in the XML.

A question: I cannot change any civic. How to allow me to get, let's say, religion or pacifism?

Getting the same problem. Permanent message at the bottom of the civics screen "Cannot change civics."

Is there ever an upgrade for the Staeding? I didnt know jotnar only got +1 city radius and planned my cities very poorly for that... Though it seems rather pointless to continue if always stuck in the same civics.

Top Bottom