Jotnar - Giant Civ for Fall from Heaven. Download Here.

Getting the same problem. Permanent message at the bottom of the civics screen "Cannot change civics."

Already fixed it - this one was my bad whilst "optimizing" the python (really - it's much quicker to just block everything :D). Will be up later on tonight.

Hmm. My original looked like this:

Code:
	def cannotDoCivic(self,argsList):
		ePlayer = argsList[0]
		eCivic = argsList[1]
		if eCivic != gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVIC_TRADITIONS'):
			if gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_JOTNAR'):
				if gc.getCivicInfo(eCivic).getCivicOptionType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT'):
					return True

But.. not even this.. works anymore. :confused:

I've sorted the Mouth of the Divine now - I went and found an old copy of the SpellInfos that did include the spells and used that (should still work with 050). I also removed the dependence on python and used PrereqStateReligion and PrereqTech instead (all the python did was check the state religions/techs needed to have it)

Are you planning a world spell for our beloved giant civ ?

"Strong enough without one" is really not a justification at all.

They absolutely must have a world spell. It's something that just has to be done.

*goes to think up worldspell ideas*

"Strong enough without one" is really not a justification at all.

They absolutely must have a world spell. It's something that just has to be done.

*goes to think up worldspell ideas*

"It's something that just has to be done" is also not justification at all. They get a Unique wonder, which makes up for the lack of a worldspell.

I'd agree with kenken - there has to be a reason to add something, rather than a reason not to. The wonder is causing a little trouble with the multi-barbs at the moment though, so odds are it'll change in some respect for that reason.

How about making the Great Wall wonder into a Worldspell and adding a unique wonder to work mountain tiles once that's implemented? I think the fact that every other civ has a worldspell is enough justification to add one; also, the no worldspells option currently favours the Jotnar. I know optional features like disabling worldspells are not primary balance concerns, but it's something to consider and seems like at least a tiebreaker if there's no reason _not_ to add a Worldspell. There are many ways a Worldspell could be added by shuffling features around and/or giving a minor bonus; my suggestion is but one example.

I just consider it a bit unfair that every nation has it's own worldspell and Jotnar have none. Just for the interest.

This is a good reason

A worldspell gives extra tactical depth. An option to pull out of the bag when situations look grim

In a hotseat game right now, me and my friend teamed up to crush the Doviello. And what we thought would be an easy steamroll, has turned into a bloody and epic battle, thanks to a perfectly times Wild Hunt from the AI.

I really don't like the idea of there being a civ without a world spell.It's like a missing piece.

The worldspell not necessary needs to be powerful, it could be flavor only ? :)

at least one of Jotnar leaders should have ingenious trait: upgrading your 10+citizen to Hill giants or whatever per 130 or so cost ( because of somebody declares a war to you) can be very burdensome financially...

at least one of Jotnar leaders should have ingenious trait: upgrading your 10+citizen to Hill giants or whatever per 130 or so cost ( because of somebody declares a war to you) can be very burdensome financially...

I'm looking at scaling the upgrade costs down a little based on feedback - though not too much at first. It'll likely be a series of small drops until it feels right (some of which will be on internal versions).

I would still love to see the wall wonder change to current cultural boundaries each turn so that it always marks your territory.

Top Bottom