Judge might throw out US government's death-penalty case against Moussaoui

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
Link.

I was under the impression that the government had enough evidence to do without cheating, but I guess I was wrong. Or maybe it is incompetence...

I still get the impression that this guy is a scapegoat, but that is beside the point since he has already been found guilty.

Declarations that this judge is an activist, terrorist sympathizer should hit the airwaves soon...

I can't agree with the death penalty in the first place so this doesn't terribly upset me, but it doesn't surprise me either considering the extent to which the US government has trampled so many rights during the 'war on terror'. Still it was a dumb thing to do and shows who is really winning the war.

I can't figure out why witnesses would be coached anyway...can't the prosecution ask the witness any question anyway, thus steering the trial in more the direction (s)he wants it to go?

Nope. Defense will say "Objection, prosecution is leading the witness". Or so they do in the books I read, which may have nothing to do with reality.

I'm against the death penalty, so I hope they find a way to just give him life in prison.

I hope he gets hung.

I hope he doesn't simply for the mocking factor of the incompetence of the War of Terror. :lol: He's one of the people who already has damning evidence about his connection to 9/11, and there's a threat that he's not getting the death penalty? Doesn't say much for the rest of the accused, does it?

Pro death penalty but truthfully this shouldn't be a death penalty case since he himself took no overt action. The "criminally liable for others actions in the conspiracy" thing they're throwing around is pretty weak.

Morally.. he deserves a bullet to the head. As the law reads though it's not warrented.

eyrei said:
I still get the impression that this guy is a scapegoat, but that is beside the point since he has already been found guilty.
Slight correction. He wasn't found guilty, he plead guilty. He welcomes the death penalty.

And the incompetance of this particular lawyer is nothing short of criminal. I'm impressed she isn't in leg irons already.

Little Raven said:
He welcomes the death penalty.

Indeed, I wondered why we were pursuing the death penalty for someone we think wanted to be a suicide hijacker.

I'm guessing this guy is developing a sense of irony fast. :lol:

Top Bottom