1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Judical Office: Appointment of Prosecutor

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Vander, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Vander

Vander Privateering in Idaho

For the sake of the Justice of the Court remaining unbiased in any dispute, I am opening this thread to have anyone nominate themselves (or others) to be appointed as Prosecutor of the Court. It's my place to have the final say in a dispute; the Prosecutor will act in all ways that I can not in accordance with me remaining unbiased.

In this position, the Prosecutor will have the following duties:
    1.) Act as the Prosecutor in any charge against a citizen.
    2.) Defend the State in the event of a charge brought against it.
    3.) Again, act in all ways that I can not in accordance with me remaining unbiased.

This is not an election. The Prosecutor needs to be picked not for name recognition , but for ability in finding the truth. So, to all you potential prosecutors, please post a short statement of how you will seek the truth as the Prosecutor of the Court.

As of now, I am not creating a Public Defender like the one in the single player Demogame. I think that the accused citizen should pick his or her own attorney.

Edit: My decision will be made Wednesday.

2. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

My question to you is who would you prosecute? With a team this small, it becomes too personal.

3. Vander

I don't know. It all depends on what happens with the game and I want to be prepared. Besides, some people would like to have more of a role in the game.

4. Hygro

Well just check term 2 judicial to see what giving someone a useless role accounts for ;) (I meant for you to read my posts--"As advocatron I advocate that!")

5. Vander

The post isn't useless, just inherently tame. It's the same with my post; there are few of us here so disputes are few and far between. Reguardless, I'm not going to be cought off guard.

6. Hygro

alrighty then I see your point.Let the aplications begin!

Here's mine:

I'm the only person have have attempted lawsuits in this game. But not just the one against the press secrectary but one against croxis for not having the demographics posted at his sight long ago. 'Course, 40J ruined it by posting them within a few minutes ;)

7. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

I will submit my application:
    I have 3 (and a tenth or so ;)) terms of experience in the single-player Fanatican Judiciary. I have a full understanding of our constitution and know how to prosecute a case. In two recent PI's where I was Public Defender, I was thinking that I'd rather prosecute than defend (I am considering running for JA there). I also am not holding and have not held any official positions in the MP demogame, except for a few uneventful turns as Apolyton ambassador last term. Please consider my application! :)

8. Veera Anlai

Veera Anlai Southern Belle

Spelling Police! It's spelled JUDICIAL. Two Is, one before the C, one after. ^_^

Sorry, it was beginning to bug me...

9. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I would like to submit my Application for Judicial Intern.

I am interested in gaining Judicial experiance so that I can transfer the skills and experiance to the Judiciary Branch in the Singleplayer Demogame. I can be assigned to eather Bootstoots (or Hygro) or Vander.

Thanks,
    CivGeneral

10. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

But do you have a blue dress?

Oh wait, wrong type of intern. ;)

-- Ravensfire

11. Hygro

i dont get it but i bet it could offend me :p

12. Vander

All in all, there were two citizens that requested appointment to the Judical Prosecutor position: Hygro and Bootsoots. Of these two, there is plenty of talent and reason to appoint either of them. However, there barely is enough work for one person (me) right now; so there will be only one appointment.
    Given his experience in various other judicial offices and his frequencey and involvement in judicial disputes, I appoint Bootsoots as the Prosecutor of the Court.
    Let us hope that this is the biggest thing of this term, judicially. I'd like nothing more than to sit here in my vast office, entertaining the Offical Judicial Harem. :groucho:

13. Bootstoots

Thank you very much for appointing me, Vander. :D I have nominated you for PD in the SP demogame as well. I will make sure that if there is a PI this term, that it is settled in the interest of justice (let's hope there isn't though; I wouldn't like this to become similar to the SP demogame recently in terms of chaos.

14. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Err, what about the Judical Intern?

15. Bootstoots

CG, I think you should ask Vander about that, as he's the Justice of the Court.

16. Hygro

Blasphemous corruption! Bootstoots bribed Vander for the position!

We shouldn't even HAVE a court until we research Code of Laws!

:lol:

17. Bootstoots

We already got it from Elucidia. :p

18. Hygro

ooohhh I stand corrected :)