1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Judicial Review of - SeVeS

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Goonie, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

A new sign-up. Two post. Go check him out in the citizen registry thread. I ask CT to check him ip with Beburbista and Mark Phispher please.

2. eyrei

eyrei Chieftain Retired Moderator

Check IP how? Sure she can find the IP addresses, but what good does that do? And isn't Burebista the poster you had an argument with the other day about your managerial skills?

3. Vander

Vander Privateering in Idaho

Reguardless of the arguement, the point is whether he is a spy. And if he is, we'll need to review his status in this game.

4. Goonie

@ eyrei. Here is my reasoning.

Mark Phispher started out with 1 post and it was in the Citizen registry. A thread was started about him, and he was gone. Soon after, Buberbista signed up. Go look at what he says when he signed up. " I hope this doesn't turn into spy paranoia again"-paraphrased. How would he have known about that on his first post? Then, we see Buberbista complaining about not being able to see the secret forum. Then Buberbista disappears, and Seves shows up. That is my reasoning for wanting to know if their ip's matched. So, please check them eyrei to help out this review.

5. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Goonie, you are WAY too paranoid.

6. eyrei

Goonie, people are going to join and leave this game. That does not make them DLs of the same person or spies. I checked those, and none of the IPs are the same. That is the last time I do so unless you have a very good reason for your accusations.

7. eyrei

Anyway, I am deleting this thread in a few hours to avoid possibly offending any of those accused.

8. Goonie

None of the accused can see this. It is in our constitution to have new members put under Judicial review. I do not like being bashed by all of you for doing what is in our constitution.

9. eyrei

That is simply unworkable. All we can check for are DLs, not if they are spies from another site. So you have no information with which to make a decision about whether a poster is a spy or not, so I suggest you work to remove that clause from your constitution, or simply don't follow it, because witch hunts are not going to be tolerated.

Further, they will be able to see this once they are given access, which will be next time Thunderfall updates the registry.

10. Goonie

Well, we will have to see how the Judicial runs this. It is not my job.

11. eyrei

You are team captain or something of that nature, are you not? Your judiciary doesn't have a thread yet...

12. Goonie

I am team captain yes, but this is a Judicial Review.

13. eyrei

I am not asking you to make the ruling on this review. What I am asking you to do is to get that part of the constitution that requires this review removed.

14. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I guess I have to do that too.

15. Goonie

@eyrei. I cannot get it removed. It was voted in by the people for the people. This is a democracy.

16. eyrei

Subject to the rules of CFC. Besides, I suspect that final consitution is being approved because people just want to get one into place. Do you really want a part of your constitution to be impossible to uphold?

17. eyrei

If you are saying you will do whatever it is needs to be done to get this removed, please do. It would be much appreciated.

18. Goonie

@eyrei

Thunderfall was the one who suggested that this forum be used to talk about new citizens who were "suspicious". If Thunderfall says we can do it, why do you say we cant? If you have noticed, we dont do it about all new members. Go see the secured access roster thread. I added two users yesterday.

19. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Goonie, you have to provide evidence, not just start accusing every new citizen that joins.

20. Goonie

I am not accusing! Is it hard to understand that I am bringing forth a new poster/citizen for review by the Judiciary. I am sorry for abiding by our constitution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.