Judicial Review - Term1 - DGIVJR9

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Judicial Review - Term1 - DGIVJR9

I request a Judicial Review on the recent Special Session conducted by the President. I wish the Judiciary to determine if the correct process was followed. The specific law involved in CoS Section C.2.

I do not want to make this a CC - this is a new ruleset with new processes. I would like a determination if the process was followed correctly, and if not, where the discrepencies were.

-- Ravensfire

The following Section of the CoS, Section X.1.III governs this Citizen’s Discussion.

II. Public Discussion
A. The Chief Justice shall create a new thread in the Citizen’s Forum
entitled “Judicial Review – Term <term number> - Request <request number
for that term>”
B. The first post shall contain the formal question and law involved
1. The Chief Justice may rewrite the question so long as the meaning
is not altered. Any changes should be discussed with the requestor.
C. All Citizens are then invited to discuss the question.
D. Justices are to post questions, but not conclusions.
E. Discussion continues until the Chief Justice declares arguments over.
1. The Associate Justices may overrule if they both agree to do so. They
may also declare halt to arguments if they both agree and Chief Justice
is not willing to end the discussions.

Relevant section of the Code of Standards:
Code:
C.  Game Schedule  
  2.  Special Game Sessions
    a.  The President may schedule a special game session to
        accomplish a single, specific task.
    b.  The need for this task must be supported by either a
        poll or through significant support in a discussion.
    c.  The chat shall be scheduled no earlier than 24 hours
        from when the chat was added to the schedule.
    d.  A turn chat instruction thread must be posted for 
        this special session, and shall include only:
      1.  The date and time of the chat, in GMT;
      2.  A link to the save to be used;
      3.  The reasons and the support for the chat;
      4.  The specific action to be take.
      5.  No other instructions from the Executive or
          Legislative branches shall be posted.

The recent special session to make the trade with Russian does not appear to have followed the above section. Was this transacation, in fact, a Special Session, as defined above? If so, were all requirements followed?

I believe that yes, this was a Special Session. I further believe that no, not all of the requirements were followed. Specifically, where is the turn chat thread for this? Where are the specific instructions? The lack of information was significant, as I had to search for a bit to locate everything, which should have been in one place.

Subsections C.2.a and C.2.b were followed, even to the point of polling an issue that probably didn't need to be polled. There was significant support for this session and no vocal opposition. Subsections C.2.c and C.2.d were not followed, thus presenting confusion to the citizens. All game play sessions, regardless of length, should have an instruction thread detailing the date, time and tasks to be accomplished. Further, as was polled, the game must be played in a public turn-chat - NO EXCEPTIONS. I can find no date/time when this special session was conducted.

I request that the Judiciary determine that this session did not follow the Code of Standards. As this is a JR request, not a CC, no sanction may be handed out - this was intentional. This request was posted as a means to remind our leaders to please, please follow the laws, especially if they are calling out other citizens. If you don't know the laws, or are not familiar, just ask. There are several of us fairly familiar with the laws, and are more than willing to help. Just don't ignore the law because it is inconvienient.

Thanks,
-- Ravensfire

This Judical Review Public Discussion thread has ended. The Chief Justice is declaring Arguements Over.

Top Bottom