Jump from Monarch to Deity

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by Mailman_Posty, Apr 9, 2007.

?

Is this jump Smart or dumb?

1. Its Genious

4.3%
  2. Its Ok

60.9%
  3. Its Stupid

17.4%
  4. Its ********

17.4%
  1. Mailman_Posty

Mailman_Posty Chieftain

Well the west is marsh and jungle then it goes to coast so not really work building a city there, but i think i might build cities along the jungle line to be my front line defence. And there are rivers all along it to increase the defensive value.

2. civverguy

civverguy Emperor

Good luck!

3. Bardak

Bardak Chieftain

Yup!! I didn't thought!

4. Lapoleon

Lapoleon Chieftain

Where are the updates Mailman? We're all waiting to see what happens next.

5. Mailman_Posty

Mailman_Posty Chieftain

Busy with school ill have one by tommaro (kinda worried about the outcome):confused:

6. Mailman_Posty

Mailman_Posty Chieftain

As i said before, the carthagions had ships comming closer and closer to my extra supply of horses which i havent gained. So i decided that i build some mounted people to deal with the thret.
    On my first turn back i build a city thats nearly right next to it, its called kahnawake
    And now some worst news is heard the incans beet me to monarchy so now i have to play catch up. I decide that since im so far behind in science ill go zero percent and buy tech after i get mysticism in one turn. This way i might be able to get some tech still.
    In the west i even find a third source of horses. ( lets hope the carthies steal that instead)

I learn that from civ assist that carthalage doesnt have mystism so i trade for iron working and 140 gold, ( i need to be ready to fight the inca). Id rather fight the inca than carthalage.

Omg!!!!! Just what i thought they were stealing those horses. I decide screw the ga i need the horses more.

I decide to offer them a chance to bargin so i renogiate my treaty and ask for all their tech they say no but its worth a try :p . So now the war has begun i move and take out their settler

My troops fail to take the settler but they dont die they just get left with one health (rather they had died), I charge them again the next turn with one health and the mounted warrior wins !!!!! Now i get my partly wasted golden age. ( you cant get everything you want :sad: ) I pick up some carthalage slaves and send them to work. I disband phil , sorry phil but i had to, so i can focus more on military, i stop my explorers since there done and send them to south to fight some carthalgions. I learn that they just build TOZ so now im really pisssed and decide to take action. My warrior gets attacked and survies with no damange is see 2 carthigion ships come toward my border so build some curraghs and move some mounted warriors.

I do a charge at the city and loose a warrior but mounted get 1 hp and escapes.
    I begin to realize that maybe i should of built up an army before declaring war :king: The carthagians land a warrior. Im so afraid of it i attack it with a warrior and kill it. Another brillant invasion by the ai .....

After about 5 turns at war this is my main battle stack :crazyeye:

Now its time to do my charge with 3 mounteds and 2 warriors. I dont even kill one and loose all my guys except one. I think next time ill wait to attack until i have 7+ guys
    I maybe sucking on land but atleast im owning at sea 2 of my geto boats kill 2 of their good boats which is a nice victory thats 4 units that cant attack me now.
    I buy writing and masonary for 540 gold from the inca.
    This is where i stop for today. My photobucket isnt working so ill just post this and work on it. Any advice would be appericated.

7. ThinkTank

ThinkTank RL Addict

Slow down! Take it easy! It seems you play and write in a hurry, like the typo in the quote. On this level of play you need more planning before action.

Here is how I would do it. I'd end the war with the Cartaginians as soon as possible. There are lots of reasons for that. There is no really urgent objective for it, acquiring a second source of horses is not so very important right now. The Carths have the Numidian mercenary which is 2.3.1 which is strong for this phase of the game and will be a challenge for your Mounted warriors. I think you already found that out. You don't know where the Carths are. So you have no idea how to continue this war if it was successful. Also you don't know if any other civ would be useful as an ally against the Carths because you don't know where they are.

Use your GA to build up your army (focus on offensive units) and the economy to support it. Keep on exploring because it is vital to know where your opponents are. Right now your exploring warriors can probably still walk between the cities up north because they have not expanded the borders yet. This can reveal important information about city locations and resources.
    Expect the AI to come after you once they cannot expand anymore, which is soon probably.
    One you are ready for war, make a plan before you start it.