JUMPING MAFIA gamethread

Of course you should, but then you should have voted for Pizza. Instead you wanted to make it a threeway tie and your (mis)calculation resulted in Al sipclar's death.
Why should I have voted Pizza? If you possessed any knowledge of Pizza's role why didn't you tell anybody? And further more, why did you choose to lay low and not vote for anybody that day?

Like I said, I wanted a tie, ties are often interesting. When I checked back later the day was over and Al was lynched as I'd missed Sweater's vote earlier. Doing this as some elaborate staged mafia manoeuvre would cause way to much attention on me for it to be worth it. Though I can see how an opportunistic scum would jump all over it and try and build a case. But of course if ATPG flips scum it's an obvious FoS on me as I voted Al over him d2.

No. In fact I just now read through the rules properly. I'm not great when it comes to reading the rules before I start posting, as the mafia community on CFC may have noticed. At least I didn't violate any rules this time.

I'm off to bed, guess I need a self preservation vote if I'm to survive. Ninebolt of Goldenknight it seems.

unvote, vote: Ninebolt for no-vote d2.

snerk (edse, golden1knight)
ninebolt (autolycus, snerk)
golden1knight (landlubber)

abstain: sweater town, lohrenswald

no posts today: ninebolt

per rules: replacement or automatic kill if missing 2 day phases (not posting, not voting)

Vote: Ninebolt

assuming nobody else votes and Snerk is lynched, golden1knight is the double voter
if ninebolt is lynched it's ninebolt himself or sweater town

END DAY 4; BEGIN NIGHT 4

Mayor Klipspringer Kennigit returned to the jumpers, but strangely with some horses, and one very dapper looking slug. The town could overhear Kennigit nervously speaking.

“Look, guys, we just didn’t have space in the very FIRST games to include the show jumping events! And besides, ya’ll never extended the invitation to jumpers for your RACING cups! Ya’ll didn’t even extend the invitation to every RACER—poor Mr. Sluggington here I’m sure would have loved to have his best lads compete over there. And to be fair, how was I supposed to know how technical ya’ll’da make it? You guys will be into running one week, and into dressage the next. We wanted to establish a JUMPING tradition”

A horse objected: “What courage! Not only do we JUMP often, but to suggest that slugs should have a spot at the racing cup? We all know slugs can’t race! It would be an embarrassment to our sport! Don’t pretend you aren’t just entertaining that old slug’s heart and taking his money, the same way you raised the Hay tax just to pay for these events here! Remember your roots here boy, it wasn’t the fresh grass grazing lobby that stood by your side in the past”

Kennigit was agitated, and spoke brashly with the town

"Ya'll decided who to send today? "

"Yea! We ALL agree, it should be ninebolt!”

There were some murmurs, people complaining "no we don't ALL agree", etc, but Kennigit jumped with it. "Ah! So that's easy. Ninebolt, you see, our dear friends---erm, I mean, not ‘deer’, but, well--our esteemed guests here could really use a good demonstration of a real JUMPING spirit. Show ‘em what these games are all about! Go on, show them the best JUMP ya got!

Ninebolt began to protest but Kennigit pulled him aside to whisper something to him. "Look man, the Hay lobby is a pretty big contributor to my campaign fund, alright? And they really got my klipspringer keister. Just, you know, JUMP."

Ninebolt tried, and made quite the embarrassing leap. A horse scoffed: “He jumped no better than a slug would!”

Kennigit: "Nonono! you see, that normally wouldn't happen, he wasn't a REAL jumping athlete. My interns will go fetch the body and you'll see!"

"As for the rest of ya'll, go to bed already, alright?"

People began to leave, when an unpaid intern brought up the body of Askthepizzaguy. The found in his pouch some boxing gloves, a book on “Kickboxing 101: The best legsport”. The crowd was shocked—a Kangaroo that didn’t love to jump? But, they soon found the truth!

Ninebolt was a Klipspringer!​

Spoiler :

Askthepizzaguy was a Poacher

Night 4 ends in ~24 hours!
[TIMER=1/13/2016 8:00 PM PST; Night 4 over][/TIMER]

7 JUMPERS alive!

BEGIN DAY 5

“Goooooood morning JUMPSville! How are ya’ll doing. I want to go ahead and remind everyone that today’s jumping events with be a good CLEAN event! The champions of today will be the role models of tomorrow! In fact, the champions of today could be the face of SPRINGY-O’S: THE BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS, a delicious, 100% real oat nutritious start to your day for the best of jumpers! And with each box comes a chance to win a ticket for an all expenses paid trip to the JUMPIEST location of your choice! Exclusions may apply, unless you choose the tour of the SPRINGY factory! Every tour gives a commemorative spring!”

The townsfolk were a little tired from the ruckus of the previous night. The crickets held a NON-sanctioned jumping competition—and went wild, chirping all night long and went wild on the town. Flyers for the game were ripped off storefronts, confetti and trash was strewn throughout the streets, and SPRINGY action figures lay piled in the gutters. In the morning, the grasshoppers awoke and started chirping to protest the cricket’s seemingly drunken behavior. Quite a few JUMPING fights broke out as the crickets and grasshoppers had miniature brawls outside the Olympic stadiums. The scene certainly did not look for potential investors, and it broke Kennigit’s legs to see such profitless fighting. He tried to rile up the crowds by offering drinks for sale and springs to throw at each other, but it seemed they all adhered to the old nursery rhyme, “sticks and stones may break their bones, but JUMPING better will really hurt them”

Eventually, everyone reported to the town square. No one died in the night!

With one poacher dead, everyone knew the other people also dead were townie.

No deaths

Vote for someone in bold!

Day 5 ends in 48 hours!
[TIMER=1/15/2016 8:00 PM PST; Day 5 over][/TIMER]

7 JUMPERS alive!

At the risk of being a hypocrite as I usually call others out for using this argument, but I would never have played D2 the way I did if I was mafia.

Still, I accept that I'm a natural lynch candidate because of it.

Also, is this another no-kill day where nobody has anything to say about it?

Some thoughts based on vote history and stuff:

Landlubber: Town lean due to he's the second vote on Pizza d2

golden1knight: Pizza does some early distancing to golden. But his late vote secures the lynch of pizza so I'm going with a town lean. If he's the double voter it's a lock.

autolycus: No lean.

edse:
Displaying some PIS right after the ATPG lynch before his reveal, as he town locks players on his wagon and FoS those on counter wagons. If we look at votes we'll see he voted Jarrema along with Pizza (and me) d1. Didn't vote d2, and if you look at the tally that day you'll see it's a tricky vote for a scum. Voting on any of the non-pizza wagons is risky and could easily end looking scummy like I do today. And voting at the pizza wagon could get pizza lynched. I'd probably lay low with a no-vote or non-wagon vote too as mafia that day. D3, keeps low and stays off the pizza wagon or the Goldenknight one. Remember that golden was on track to be lynched but got saved by the double voter.

sweater town: Votes pizza d3 but could easily be bussing as it was the first pizza vote late in the day so a pizza lynch was looking unlikely then. Plausible scum.

lohrenswald: Saved my ass yesterday. Could be mafia as that would make scum-sense as I'd be a good lynch bait for today.

So I'm still a little confused, being new. What roles are we looking to confirm action of? Just the Doctor and Jailkeeper, right?
Next, suspicions:
Landlubber: First to vote golden D4, b/c golden was voting for pizza. Granted, we didn't know pizza was a poacher at that point, but he was pretty locked to that wagon.
Lohrenswald: Pizza put up for them:
Pretty sure the game isn't going to solve itself guys.

If we lynch Goldenknight today that would be pretty awesome. Pretty much locks Lohrenswald in as a villager should he flip guilty.
He also didn't vote pizza D3, but again that's not proof.
Snerk: Maybe the most outspoken of everyone here.
Everyone else, I don't feel strongly one way or another toward. Everything seems suspicious, so idk.

That, and also the fact that the two were pretty much coordinating their votes against me.

He also defended him while he was still alive, when I asked why he was so sure about pizza's being innocent.

That, and also the fact that the two were pretty much coordinating their votes against me.

He also defended him while he was still alive, when I asked why he was so sure about pizza's being innocent.

There wasn't any coordination, I just felt pinged by your behavior. I still do, for that matter. Calling so much attention to one's teammate wouldn't be unusual at all for Pizza.

vote:Golden1Knight

I wasn't sure of Pizza's innocence, and I never said I was. I said I had a hunch, and I was wrong. As Snerk said, I was pretty close to actually having Pizza lynched on D2.

I think snerk's analysis of edse has a lot of merit, so vote:edse. I think sweater would be my second choice, assuming he's not the double voter.

Top Bottom