JUMPING MAFIA gamethread

Also, is this another no-kill day where nobody has anything to say about it?

This is pretty strange, yeah. There's only one more mafioso, so there's no use not claiming if you blocked someone.

For the record, I'm vanilla. I chose tracker, and, since I was second in the draft, Zack must have been the tracker.

I'll support an edse or sweater town lynch. Tier two candidates would be Auto and Lohr.

This is pretty strange, yeah. There's only one more mafioso, so there's no use not claiming if you blocked someone.

For the record, I'm vanilla. I chose tracker, and, since I was second in the draft, Zack must have been the tracker.

Well, no time like the present, I suppose.
I chose roleblocker. Here's my list of blocked people:
N1: Zach
N2: ATPG
N3: Snerk
N4: Autolycus
I can confirm zack being the tracker, he pm'd me about my N2 block, knew I had targeted ATPG.
I was more or less working my way down draft order.
I had been confused about whether roleblock stops kills but looking back on my messages from mayor kennigit, I see now it does.
So add to the top of my suspicions list Autolycus, unless anyone else took other action to prevent murder?

I'm alive, but I won't vote yet because I need to observe some development first teehee

Unvote: Vote: Autolycus then.

I don't understand the PIS accusation against me regarding Pizza. Two kangaroos where already examined as not poachers and a third, Zack, was killed. The only case for Pizza not to be mafia at that point was if all kangaroos were town.

unvote, vote: Autolycus

Doesn't explain no-kill n3 though. According to ST I was blocked
. I'm a vanilla klipspringer. I too picked tracker but obviously didn't get it.

ST: If your block claim is true then your actions D4 doesn't add up. You say you'd blocked me, and there wasn't a kill. So why didn't you try and have me lynched? If you had voted me I would have hanged for sure. Yet you abstained. Why?

unvote, vote: Autolycus

Doesn't explain no-kill n3 though. According to ST I was blocked. I'm a vanilla klipspringer. I too picked tracker but obviously didn't get it.

ST: If your block claim is true then your actions D4 doesn't add up. You say you'd blocked me, and there wasn't a kill. So why didn't you try and have me lynched? If you had voted me I would have hanged for sure. Yet you abstained. Why?

Wasn't Zack killed N3?

Oh lord! Yes Zack was killed n3. I got it mixed up with n2. Sorry! Move along, nothing to see...

Oh lord! Yes Zack was killed n3. I got it mixed up with n2. Sorry! Move along, nothing to see...
Anyway, at that point I abstained b/c I didn't really have anyone to suspect.
At this point, vote: autolycus.
Be ye innocent, jump the jump as well as you talk the talk!

Autolycus 4 (edse, snerk, sweater town, golden1knight)
golden1knight 1 (landlubber)
edse 1 (autolycus)

no vote: lohrenswald

END DAY 5

Mayor Klipspringer Kennigit was a little nervous; no jumper had made it over the Cliff of Death. And now, the town nominated Autolycus. But, seeing as he was a hare, Kennigit wasn't as confident in his jumping ability.

Kennigit pondered for a minute, thinking what to do to at least make it fair, when he shouted

"Eureka! I know what we can do! We'll just give you a little boost in your starting height! How about you hop up on my back, and I'll jump straight up and give a little buck--jussttt enough where if you did nothing you'd fall to your most certain death--but if you JUMP when I buck you'll make it over just fine!"

"That's a stupid idea"

"Great! It's settled. Now go ahead and hop on me, and when I count to three, JUMP off my back!"

Kennigit stretched his legs, as the hare hopped onto his back. "One...."

On "TWO", Kennigit JUMPED up. It was the highest JUMP Kennigit had done in years from a standing position! He was so elated, he forgot to even say three! "Yee-HAW!" Kennigit shouted as he bucked.

Poor autolycus tried to grab onto a tuff of fur to prevent being hurled off the cliff. But, it was no use! Autolycus fell straight into the Cliff of Death below!

"Ah, well, that's not really my fault now is it?

But, something interesting happened. Mayor Klipspringer Kennigit decided to check Autolycus's room before sending everyone off to bed that night. In it, they found a gun! How scary! It seemed Autolycus was the last poacher in town!

An unpaid intern did return back with ninebolt's body that evening. Kennigit said, "Oh yea, I guess we don't need that anymore. Also, I forgot you were fired last week but I forgot to tell you."

Autolycus was a Hare!​

Spoiler :

Autolycus was a Poacher

:sheep: Townie victory :sheep:

6 JUMPERS survived!​

Epilogue

Mayor Klipspringer Kennigit held a ceremony to award each surviving jumper a certified GOLDEN SPRINGY. After handing out the awards (and having some intern give springs to the families of the dead), he asked the loyal JUMPERS "You all just showed some JUMPING spirit? Where are you going to go?"

They all look confused.

Kennigit whispered, "Oh yea, um, just say 'I'm going to SPRINGY WORLD' and I'll give ya all 5 buckaroos"

Some shrugged. Some muttered "going to spring world". It was good enough for Kennigit.

"THAT'S RIGHT kids! And guess what, you too could be going to the new amusement park SPRINGY WORLD with your hereos right here if you are so lucky as to get the golden springy! Everyone's favourite toy--and with great prices for the holiday season--is in stores now with new, improved packaging! Buy one, or buy them all!

Kids, look in your box for one and only golden springy!

Returns not valid if seal broken. WARNING: fumes and paint chips off golden springy may be hazardous to your health. Contest winner should not play with the winning toy

:trophy: SPRINGY golden award (victory and survive) :trophy:

landlubber
edse
snerk
sweater town
golden1knight
lohrenswald

:trophy2nd: SPRINGY silver award (victory) :trophy2nd:

Jarrema
spaceman98
Al Sipsclar
Zack
Ninebolt

:c5occupied: SPRINGY defeat award (quality control rejected springs) :c5occupied:

Askthepizzaguy
Autolycus

JUMPING poachers quicktopic (not too large)
JUMPING on heaven's door- dead quicktopic (also not large)

I think log of night actions (did this off some memory, I can verify)
Spoiler :

N1:
Zack tracks autolycus
Sweater Town blocks Zack
ATPG kills spaceman98

result: spaceman killed

N2: Edse protects zack
Sweater Town blocks ATPG
ATPG tries to kill edse
Autolycus jailkeeps landlubber
Zack tracks Sweater Town; sees him visit ATPG

result: ATPG blocked

N3: Autolycus kills zack
Zack tracks Sweater Town
Edse protects golden1knight
Sweater Town blocks Snerk

Result: Zack killed

N4: Autolycus tries to kill Golden1knight
Edse protects Sweater Town
Sweater Town blocks Autolycus

result: no kill, Autolycus blocked

zack | (2, 3) | kangaroo | tracker
landlubber | (4, 1) | hare | tracker
autolycus | (5, 3) | hare | jailkeeper
edse | (7, 4) | klipspringer | bodyguard
snerk | (9, 9) | klipspringer | tracker
askthepizzaguy | (1, 3) | kangaroo | jailkeeper
spaceman98 | (1, 5) | kangaroo | jailkeeper
sweater town | (6, 2) | hare | roleblocker
jarrema | (6, 2) | kangaroo |
al sipsclar | (3, 1) | slug | bodyguard
golden1knight | (3, 4) | klipspringer | bodyguard
ninebolt | (3, 6) | klipspringer | double voter
lohrenswald | (3, 9) | slug | double voter

Thank you all for playing; I hope everyone had fun in some way or another, and I encourage people to signup for other games and stick around on cfc!

I don't really have much comments. I believe in the PYP setup for the most part.

If anyone ever wants to host a PYP in the future with same general set as this one (referring to abilities, as this was somewhat in-line with catharsis's PYP and ninjacow's PYP from a few years ago just on ability setup; I doubt jumping classes would be implemented), I might guestimate 10-12 have 2 scum, 13-16 have 3 scum, and 17-20 have 4 scum as a rough guideline. I personally think hosts should aim for "medium" sized games as I think small games always are less flexible in strategy folks can do. But, I guess in small games (like <12), fortune favors the bold--a strong lie to buy time or a strong start matters so much more.

Assume each information role can catch a scum or clear a villager. Tracker finds one, roleblocker stops the other from acting. Or, those roles self-clear and clear another villager.

Then town gets additional powers on top of this.

The setup can end up balanced, since the final setup isn't known at start, but given the powers the villagers end up with, probably better to ensure the mafia has an additional member or more firepower themselves. In practice, the neutral roles that the mafia "don't need" to kill are just as much a threat as the villagers, since at least one of them was trying to find mafia. Doesn't affect the balance very much.

There are things that the scums can do here, such as not murder on certain nights to give a false impression that certain persons are guilty. So it's not always a mafia loss, but if you rand this specific setup into a group this size many times, it should be rare that the mafia ever wins it.

I'm aware that I knew what the possible outcomes could be when I signed up. That doesn't invalidate these observations.

In any case, well played village, thanks for hosting Kenny G. GG

Oh and well done for the epicness that was my karmic ending-

I was about to slip away from justice even though I had been pretty much caught dead to rights by a blocked kill again. I nearly got away with it again, but ouch, my hubris!

Yuppers, that's actually very well worded. For some of the newer folks (and old fools like me) there's a lot of good thought underlying that statement. Very few players intelligibly talk about false impressions well IMO (and personally I am not to good at that as a player but I sometimes try)

Spoiler I lied about few comments; I always have comments :
I gave a lot of thought throughout today about even a "no kill night 1 on purpose to fish out roles". This very very particular game it was unfortunate you picked the same role in an uncoordinated draft as that gave no additional info. I flip-flopped on some micromanagement decisions (e.g. make all roles "use 3 times") but decided to not micromanage, but the one thing I was about to implement was to let the two mafia know each other when they chose abilities. But, I stuck with the past PYPs

Just as a blanket statement I would say I was happy with delayed reveal--moreso than proposed "no reveal". I've halfway convinced myself that the delayed reveal is actually very powerful would compensate probably any draft order in a 3 person scum team in this setup.

Because with 3 scum, I don't really believe any role self-clears nor clears another villager until the very end, which the last bits of key info may (or may not) trickle in late. Or that's true with larger games in general. Way long ago I argued about how 20-25 person games are not "large" games but are "medium" games and would continue to argue about that :p. I like the mid-range of games the most, 15-30 players.

Similar thing about flexibility: it's kind of like how I think I'd never host another game with a serial killer (unless it acts as a true neutral third party that can win with other means than serial killing) because they can never get enough doubt around to bring through to the END game

Top Bottom