Jumplanes (FF-roads) for the normal game

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
Download

This is a really simple modification:
I've heightened the jumplanes (the blue final-frontier roads), so that you can use it in normal BtS (normally they would stick in the terrain).

I've packed them in a simple mod, which enables your workers to build jumplanes with the technology "superconductors".

I hope, someone can use it or only the changed graphics :).

Download

Good job.

I have the other Final Frontier route (I forget what it's called) edited in the same way in my Thomas' War mod. It's a simple mater for me to separate them if anyone wants.

Good job.

I have the other Final Frontier route (I forget what it's called) edited in the same way in my Thomas' War mod. It's a simple mater for me to separate them if anyone wants.

Thanks, I could use them too! :D Some variety in route graphics doesn't hurt.

An aside question. Does anyone know when roads switch to using the LateModelFiles? And if/how that can be modified?

Its industrial era. Late Era for units as well. If you changed it you would change when units change too. The game counts eras, so Late Era is the fifth one. I don't know where this count is set, but I can't find it in XML or python files. You can move it later by adding a dummy era before Ancient, since all civs have a free tech. You could move it earlier by combining two earlier eras into one, say Ancient and Classical, but that would mess with city art. For another thing, you can modify it by simply separating the routes so that the mud roads stay mud roads and there's a new highway route you can make. Tsentom had included land friendly warp lanes in Thomas mod (which were not where I expected in the FPK) and I believe what The J has posted is land friendly jump lanes, the ones without the animation and heavier looking junctions, but to collect everything all in one place, and before I saw this post, I made a small mod that added dirt roads (req the wheel, merely carries resources), paved roads (req construction & stone, carries resources and doubles movement), railroads (req iron and coal or oil, triples movement, increases yields of many improvements),highways (req oil, quadruples movement, increases yields) warplanes (req superconductor, increases yields, movement as old railroad) and jumplanes (increases yields, essentially free movement indifeinitely, req future tech). Its in the terrain graphics section of the downloads. Also includes separate buttons for dirt roads, paved roads, and highways.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11872

Tsentom had included land friendly warp lanes in Thomas mod (which were not where I expected in the FPK)

I know, all the files inside my mod are a mess :blush: So I feel bad when anyone tries to dig through them for stuff. I usually know where everything is, so sometimes it's easier to ask me instead of trying to search yourself.

[OTHER ROADS]

You should add some pictures to your download and open a thread.

I know, all the files inside my mod are a mess :blush: So I feel bad when anyone tries to dig through them for stuff. I usually know where everything is, so sometimes it's easier to ask me instead of trying to search yourself.

uuh, i know, what you're meaning :D.

You should add some pictures to your download and open a thread.

uuh, i know, what you're meaning :D.

It's cause when I first made the mod I didn't really know that much, and then as I added to it, it was just easier to continue doing it the way I was doing.

It's cause when I first made the mod I didn't really know that much, and then as I added to it, it was just easier to continue doing it the way I was doing.

Yes, that is it, i also know that :D.
I hope nobody looks into my files :scared:.

Ok, this mod works on its own, but when I try to add it to another mod as a module, the jump lanes are submerged in the land. Clearly, I'm missing something. How is the height of the jump lanes controlled?

EDIT: It turns out I hadn't edited one of the xml files correctly - it was still pointing to the FF art. Thanks for the mod!

Ok, this mod works on its own, but when I try to add it to another mod as a module, the jump lanes are submerged in the land. Clearly, I'm missing something. How is the height of the jump lanes controlled?

EDIT: It turns out I hadn't edited one of the xml files correctly - it was still pointing to the FF art. Thanks for the mod!

I know it's quite a late responds/comment/quote, but could anyone tell me how to fix this to work with a mod of my own? They're submerged in the land for me as well and I cant seem to fix them :(
*edit, they also can't be build "over" railroads, like railroads can be build ontop of roads, how can I change this?

Thanks very much in advance :)

Welcome to CFC :).

Did you see this part:

and did you edit the right files?

What road type can be build upon what over road should be controlled by Assets\XML\GameInfo\RouteInfo.xml, the value iValue.

wow that was a fast responds!! Thank you :)

Yeah, I've been going trough all the xml's that come with the mod and comparing them to mine, but I can't seem to find a different value. I'm sure I missed over it a few times now lol. I'll keep looking

Thanks for the roads tip, always wondered what that value is :)

*edit, I can not find a single reference value that could be changed to affect this? Any chance you know which xml file and value it is that makes this work? I've gone over all the files included in the download and can't find it :(

Very sorry for the trouble, it's just a really cool mod!

The main changes are not in the XML, they are in the art files ;).
I had to change the Z distance in all the .nif files to get the art to appear higher, so if you forgot to add the art part...then that is the problem :D.

Oooh the nifs themselves! I'll need to learn how to edit them then :) Thanks for the awesome responds :))

*edit, it seemed to have randomly started working now lol

Very cool!

Top Bottom