1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Jurassic Park: 65 Million Years in the Making...

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Lord Malbeth, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

2. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Hi Supa! I'm still here to lend a hand if needed. But I've lost my copy of this mod too, it appears.

3. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

Hi Balthasar. ;)

I confirm I still have it. In fact, I've got two versions, one dated from February 1st 2009 and the second from 29 March 2009. I don't know why specifically I've kept two versions but I used to do it with EfZI2 and FfH2 so I could keep track of the changes over the versions and sometimes go back to a favorite.

4. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

I did some changes, including green mountains, after the first one was released: that might be the difference between them. I'd love a copy of the latter one, as I lost mine two crashes ago.

5. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Please, please reupload it. If LM doesn't update it then it may be lost forever.

6. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

Ok then.

I slightly updated the scenario, merely fixing the obvious following bugs.

And made the changes LM talked about in this thread :

None other change were made, not even adding my JP leaderheads. I hope to see a new version of this great scenario in the future. :)

The scenario
    Newest fixed biq (27th March 2012)

7. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

8. Blue Monkey

Indeed.

LM is still around but posting seems to be infrequent. The last three are the beginning of this month, Jan & last October. Better to have it now than take the risk of it being such a long time - if ever - that LM replies.

9. Princeof Persia

Princeof Persia The Empire wasn't bad

Thanks, Supa!

10. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Emperor

If I recall correctly, doesn't the dock autoproduce supply boats?
    Also, I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, but the Jurassic Park faction cannot build any military units that I can remember, giving them a huge disadvantage. Also, if someone were to remake this scenario, I would probably recommend splitting the dinos into herbivores and carnivores, with only the carnivores at war with everyone else.

11. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

There isn't any human GW for the Docks. Supply boats were always meant to be built but a bug didn't allowed it. It is now fixed and you can build Supply Boat once you've captured the Dock (needs 'The Docks' resource to be built).

You should be now be able to build Workman (4.1.1) from the start. Conscript needs Shell. When I first played, InGen couldn't build a single A/D unit up until you've got shell.

About that: there is another bug I've just seen. The Workman can be built by the Dinosaurs. It is now fixed.

LM's call, although it works very well like this.

12. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

I can't speak for LM, but I can't imagine he'd object to a little modding of his mod by modders, if you get my drift... naw, I doubt he'll mind. If he objects, at least we will have found him!

13. Blue Monkey

Herbivores could be barbarians with 0 attack ability - around & a nuisance but not a threat. Would be a lot simpler to implement than creating a whole new faction. Would get basically the same results.

14. Sasebo

Sasebo Prince

That sounds like a decent solution,BlueMonkey, but given these are dinosaur units and can probably kill you by accident just by stepping on you, it doesn't seem quite right!:lol: Maybe a little attack strength would be in order?

15. Supa

Supa Out of Cheese Error

A herbivore does not mean it's a nice animal that won't attack you. ;) From a game-play standpoint, I don't see any problem with the unified dinosaur faction.

16. Blue Monkey

I agree, Supa. It is just a case of offering solutions to people seeking an alternative.

17. Sasebo

Sasebo Prince

All right, I tried it a couple of times as the JP faction. The first time I had it set way too high in difficulty, and got squelched. I lasted longer the second time, but it is still really, really hard! Some points:

1. Muldoon still can't bombard; he doesn't have the bombard box checked on the right hand side.

2. Does the JP faction have something to see invisible units? If not, we might want to add that somehow. Muldoon might make a good candidate.

3. I was not able to build any roads on the plains, I don't see why that is in the BIQ file. Any ideas on what I am missing?

4. I definitely agree with the idea of not requiring shells for the upgrades, unless one is added up North somewhere. Requiring everyone to get to the Underground Bunker is way too hard! All the high end units will still require it anyway, but you need the upgraded units to be able to get there in the first place.

5. I've yet to get Alan and the kids out alive, I never seem to be able to take The Docks, and the other cities in that area are just too hard. How to manage it?

The AI kept sending hordes of raptors through the mountains to that square just to the west of the Visitor's Center. I stopped that by puting Hammond there. Most of the cities are limited to 2-3 population because of the low food situation in most areas. I guess that makes sense, but it is hard to make workmen without a food surplus.

I do want to thank Supa for posting the DL, I had wanted to try this one a few times, but it had been removed by the time I saw this thread. Definitely fun on the bun! :cool:

18. Sasebo

Sasebo Prince

One additional point that I forgot before: If anyone is going to play with this one or try to update it, the costs of the wonders needs to be looked at. Given the food/luxury situation here, popultions are low, and production is also very low as a result. 1000 shields for some of the wonders could take over half the scenario to finish! I changed a few numbers and will try them out to see if they are more reasonable. You don't want the AI clogging up it's production with some of those monster wonders.

19. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

If anyone wants to try and MOD this and re-upload it, that would be awesome. I kind of lost stuff on my computer, so I'm going to have to dig around and find the lost files, which could take a bit, as I'm seriously busy with school and the likel

20. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

Just a quick bump. I got a request to reupload this, but my files have long about been destroyed by a virus. Does anyone have this mod? I'd really like to get it back into circulation! :)