Just 43 years until mandatory retirement

england by cultural vic london,glasglow, york?

If anyone wins a cultural victory, it would be France.

The only reason the US is suffering from war weariness is because we're running Universal Suffrage and Free Speech rather than Police State and Nationalism.

Anyway, a cultural win is possible for the US, but China seems to be gearing up for either a diplomatic or domination victory. They could pull off either one.

Just think, if the Muslim world decided to run Pacifism, they'd catch up to the rest of us real quick.

The only reason the US is suffering from war weariness is because we're running Universal Suffrage and Free Speech rather than Police State and Nationalism.

Anyway, a cultural win is possible for the US, but China seems to be gearing up for either a diplomatic or domination victory. They could pull of either one.

Just think, if the Muslim world decided to run Pacifism, they'd catch up to the rest of us real quick.

now im scared.

I thought.. nevermind.

Civ4's scoring system is heavily weighted towards population (50% of the overall total). Therefore China and India look pretty good in real world terms...

Sullla is here! Sullla is here!

I predict some country will win a diplomatic victory. Not the United States under George W. Bush though. :lol: It will have to be someone else. No offence intended

In 2008 though, a peace loving democrat will be elected and leed The US to a diplomatic victory!:goodjob:

Diplomatic victory under the current setting (Terra, Huge Map, 50 over civs!, Team Victory disabled...), the diplomatic relations are too complicated. It will be hard to get a >50% dip. win votes.

the US could never achieve culture victory, with all the cities built in modern age. they hardly reach the "influent" status.

cultural victory would go to Italy... a chatedral in every city, a classic theatre in most of them, and universities built sooner than other civs, except Sankore and Heidelberg. Moreover, there's the sistine chapel adding culture around, and a huge number of great artists have been settled since the earliest days, not to mention the academies built by great scientists. So, Rome Florence and Venice have been legendary for a long time, mostly because they've been around for quite a while.

The british empire almost won by domination, but France tried that too and none achieved the goal.

Ancient Rome went for domination too, only to find out that the map was huge and not small. So romans found themselves with an enormous empire, and barbarians coming from everywhere.

Germany tried to win by conquest, but it wasn't actually possible.

As for score, the US are first but China is sure to take the lead in a few turns. Therefore the americans are trying to follow by warring and vassalizing nations.

Space race is getting interesting. Europe has taken from Russia the techs needed to join, the US has built more components of the spaceships but China has more hammers and could finish earlier.

methinks alpha centuri is still possible in 47 turns. Soyez anyone?

...just one more turn...

We English have already won a cultural victory: almost everyone seems to speak our language, follow the sport we invented (football; the proper kind, where the 'foot' actually meets the 'ball' regularly), and/or listen to the Beatles. :mischief:

I couldn't agree more, if you start naming evry nation that speaks English the mind would boggle.(United Kingdom, Us, Australi, New Zealnad, S.Africa, Canada etc.)

I don't think America could really claim a cultural victory, since the language,religion, philisophy, art and even people are shipped from Europe.

Britain would have come closest to a domination victory, 1/4 of the earth's surface and people, no small feat, especially considering that it wasn't a land based Empire, but rather a ocean based one.

Soviet Union might have come close mind, controlling all the land from Germany to Japan is no small acheievement, in Stalin's time China was a virtuall puppet. Still the Soviet Civilization fell, so....

I'd say the winner of a time victory in 2050 would be China, three times as many people as US, and counting, the worlds largest army and air force, along with weak neighbous to expand into, not to mention the fact that so much Western stuff is made in China, computers, clothes, tvs, you name it China builds it.

I'm backing a shock come back from Iceland

=America - Time (highest score with population, techs, and Statistical Ratings)
=America - Cultural (L,A, New York as said examples NYC being the biggest in the world with 15 MILLION and multitude of religions and famous movies/crime lords)
=America - Space victory (bush did talk about spending more cash on flights to Mars....)
=India or China for the Population Domination (fairly obvious)
=Russia for Land Domination (same as above hah)
=Belgium for Diplomatic Victory (all of middle europe will fall to the power of the one Coin (Euro))
=Montezuma for Conquest (the setting is at 'require complete kills')

no wonder victory mode in Civ4? i wonder why that is..

I'm surprised China is bothering to build the Apollo Project at this late date; they'll never get launched in time.

USA wins, cultural. Sorry.

USA is close to winning cultural, but in a few turns, Mexico is going to flip San Antonio and Los Angeles. :lol:

Anyway, a cultural win is possible for the US, but China seems to be gearing up for either a diplomatic or domination victory. They could pull off either one.

Let's vote for Ghandi next election to we can change, otherwise the anarchy penalty would be like 200 turns.

China Conquest 2008.

While the world stand in amazement of Pekin 2008 Olympic Games. China nuke the whole world the same day and enslaved any survivor into communist :lol:

It's almost certainly going to be some sort of time victory. Conquest and Domination are both absurd, Space seems vastly unlikely, Diplomatic only slightly more so, and while theres a decent chance of cultural times the safetest bet. As for who I'll say the the U.S. is likely winning at the moment but China's a good contender for the lead.

Seems like everyone thinks that ethier the USA or China will win... that is except for Mozza who must know some dark secrets about Iceland.

Top Bottom