Just a bidding-wonder idea.

Moby

Mr. England
What do you guys think of wonders that countries could compete for? You would have to actually buy the wonder and keep your bid high enough or the wonder would go to the new highest bidder.

Two of these wonders could be
The Olympics
The World Cup

Both would provide a happiness bonus and perhaps a production bonus in the city it's located in.

Your thoughts?

I agree with the idea, but not the effects. The Olympics may provide happiness around the world, but for the local population they mostly provide grief. It's not much fun being invaded like that, having your streets flooded with traffic, construction everywhere.

The only real effect is extra commerce. But then again, what's the point in bidding for something that will only provide you money? Might as well keep your bid and your money.

Prestige -- hosting the Olympics is a huge booster for publicity and bringing yourself to the attention of businesses. Don't know how that could be translated into gameplay (individual revenue just goes back to the same place anyways).

The Olypmics would have to give give commerce AND cultrual bonus over... LOL - the one turn its in play.

It lasts a year, or so. BUt repeats every 4 years. Eww... i sometimes get annoyed everytime the UN vote thing pops up.

Imagine very other turn the olypmics pops up?

And how would you handle it when more than 2 olympics pass in the span of one turn?

But anyway, I like the idea of the Olympics in CIV.

SOmeone should make it happen.

I live in Australia where in 2000 we had the olympics in Sydney and now this year we are having the commonwealth games in Melbourne.

There is no way I am ever building/buying an olympic wonder. I care too much for my Civ.

Don't be fooled people the olympics are controlled by snake-headed aliens. They WILL strike if we let our guard down.

Do you mean olympic summer or winter olympics? The summer olympics are much bigger, and only some cities can have the winter games.

There have been some oplympics that had have none or almost none bad effect on the city it was in. I know the olympics in Lillehamer 94 was such a game, but it was only a winter olympics.

What about anicent olympics? national wonder for Greece?

Top Bottom