1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a heads up on Sulla's new season of AI's wars

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by vmxa, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Windsor

Windsor Flawless

Just watched the championship game. That game really showed some of the flaws in the AI. Especially the refusal to tech rifling is annoying with stock-AI. There are just too many techs to choose from in the late renaissance / early industrial (its very interesting for a human, but the AI struggle). The techers like Willem would be so much stronger if they prioritized rifling properly.

While we do want AIs to have flavor, they should at least beeline rifling when under attack. When it gets as extreme as in this game (which it so often does) the personality just gets annoying rather than making the game more enjoyable.

This is the first season of AI survivor I've watched and it turned out to be much more fun than expected.

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

I think Sulla underrates Charlie a bit, and the Imperialistic trait for AIs. Kublai shoulda won this one though.

3. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

I got bored by this one fast, mirror maps are not that interesting for AI games.
    Similar sillyness, random tech choices or attacks.
    Willy is clearly stronger than those other AIs in actually building up :)
    He like many others gets screwed by lazy programming (happens even in great games like IV), cos tech preference should switch to military when being attacked.
    Also all those terrible worker builds etc. when cities are under siege, painful.

4. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

I was everything but bored this game. Was rooting for Kublai the entire game (Big suprise) and it was so fun seeing how first Wilhelm handed the game to him, and then him in turn handing it to Charly.
    Sullas reactions and frustration made it all the more fun to watch. :D

5. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Yes, Charly tend to do well in most of my games.
    Perhaps not the best AI but clearly not as bad as Sulla gave him credit for.